JEEDEC 2018 : WBJEEB JEEDEC Entrance Exam admission into B.E/B.Tech courses in Jadavpur University. The full form of “JEEDEC is “Joint Entrance Examination for Degree Evening Course“. Candidates can get details syllabus, eligibility, result e.t.c information.
What’s JEEDEC 2018 :
- West Bangal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination/Test titled “JEEDEC 2018” for admission to Five years evening courses for Bachelor Degree in Civil / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering for the academic year 2018- 19 in Jadavpur University.
JEEDEC 2018 Exam Date
- West Bangal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is responsible for conducing and publish the JEEDEC exam on behalf of Jadavpur University. The examination generally held in the month of May. Last year it was scheduled on 08.05.2016
12 Noon to 2 PM.
JEEDEC 2018 Application Form
- Candidates who is interested to appear in JEEDEC 2018 please carefully read the Information Brochure.
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the portal: www.wbjeeb.in Online application form submission starts from last week of March.
- The candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, e-mail id and mobile number. Candidate must take utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction.
- The given mobile number and e-mail id will be used for all further communication. At the end of this step the candidate may opt to logout or continue to next step. For further log in, candidate has to use his/her application number and date of birth..
JEEDEC 2018 Eligibility
The minimum educational qualification for JEEDEC engineering entrance exam are given below.
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Must have passed Diploma Examination from UGC recognized Indian University / Government / Statutory Body in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point (at least 45% marks or equivalent Grade Point for SC/ST/Pwd)
- Must have at least one year relevant experience in the respective field since publication of his/her Diploma examination result till the last date of submission of application forms.
- If selected for admission, must obtain „No Objection Certificate‟ for the course of study from his/her employer.
- There is no age limit.
JEEDEC Seats / Reservation
- General = 28 seats , SC= 9, ST =2 and 1 for Pwd candidates are available in each course. It should be noted that a diploma holder will be admitted to evening Degree course in Engineering in respect of the discipline for which Diploma is awarded.
JEEDEC Admit Card 2018
- JEEDEC Admit card 2018 will be generated on the notified date for the student to download JEEDEC admit card and take a print. Candidate has to carry JEEDEC Admit Card 2018 to the examination centre a printed hard copy of the admit card along with a photograph identical with the one uploaded earlier.
- Candidates must ensure that the JEEDEC admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in JEEDEC-2016.
- Candidates are advised to retain their JEEDEC 2018 admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition in all respects till completion of admission procedure.
JEEDEC Result 2018
- The Board will publish the JEEDEC merit list 2018 and final allotment of seats will be made through counseling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such application will not be entertained. The tentative date of publication of result on website: www.wbjeeb.in is in 2nd week of June, 2018.
The published result will be handed over to Jadavpur University, who will thereafter conduct counselling and admission.
JEEDEC Result 2018
- The published result will be handed over to Jadavpur University, who will thereafter conduct counselling and admission.
- All applicants who appear to be prima facie eligible will be issued admit cards and shall be provisionally permitted to sit for JEEDEC 2018. But if during counselling or at any stage later it is found that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be cancelled even if he/she has appeared in JEEDEC 2018 and secured a position in the merit list. The candidature shall also be cancelled if he/she fails to produce any of the required documents in original as specified earlier or if any document is found to be faulty during counselling/ admission/ registration.
- Admission to the Jadavpur University shall be governed by the University rules and regulations. Compliance with requirements for making application for the Joint Entrance Examination does not guarantee admission to the University.
JEEDEC Exam Pattern 2018
There will be separate question papers for Electrical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering candidates.
- The paper will contain 100 MCQ type questions. Answers are to be marked (bubbled) on OMR Answer Sheets using black /blue ball point pen.
- Each question will have four answer options of which only one is correct. Each correct response will fetch 1 mark, each incorrect response will fetch (-1/4) mark, whereas no response will fetch zero mark. Multiple responses for any question will fetch (-1/4) mark.
- The questions will be in English language only.
JEEDEC Syllabus 2018
Civil Engineering Syllabus
Part – A, Applied Mechanics:Friction between solid bodies; equilibrium of rigid bodies; centre of mass and centre of gravity; work, power and energy; principle of virtual work. Direct and shear stresses, strain elasticity, Hooke’s law, Poisson’s ratio, Young’s modulus, modulus of rigidity and bulk modules, working stress, factor of safety.
Structural elements, BM and SF diagrams theory of simple bending, distribution of bending stresses and shear stresses, Principal stresses and principal planes, Mohr’s circle, Moment of internal section modulus, adius of gyrations, torsion of circular shafts.
Use of simple column formula. Solution of determinate trusses. Fluid Mechanics – pressure at a point, Pascal’s law of pressure within a static fluid, buoyancy, stability of submerged and floating bodies; Steady and unsteady flow, uniform and nonuniform flow, laminar and turbulent flow, Reynolds number.
Part – B, General Civil Engineering: Surveying Correction for measured length by chain and tape, Field problems and their solutions, Com pass Traversing, Closing error in com pass traverse and its correction, Leveling, Cross – section Long section, measurement of areas, plane table surveying, Contouring.
- Planning and Construction : Brick Bonding, types of ordinary foundations, shoring and timbering, D.P.C. Flooring, Plastering, Whitewashing, skirting, Dado, Layout of water and sanitary lines in residential building, Water closets, Intercepting chambers. Connection of house drains to streets sewers.
- Irrigation:Methods of irrigation, water requirement of crops, ground water – well hydraulics, Design of irrigation canal systems.
- Sanitary Engg .:Seweis, sewer appurtenances, different system of sewerage, sewage BOD of sewage, Aerobic and Anaerobic process fundamentals of septic tanks, activated sludge and trickling filters. Demand of water, potable water, source of water, development of ground water sources, impurities in natural waters, water works intake, slow sand filter, rapid sand filters, disinfection of public water supplies, causes and removal of hardness.
- Soil Mechanics: Formation, identification and classification of soils. Three phase system Water content, void ratio, degree of saturation, Bulk density etc. Limits of consistency. Total and effective stress.
- Roads and Railways: Roads and Railways Survey, Construction and maintenance, Road permanent way structures with formation, Road and Railway crossings road inter-sections and Railway Track connections of various types road signs, Railway signals, Railway yards, road metals and their specifications, parts of Culverts.
Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- 1. Units and dimension: work, power and conversion among electrical, mechanical and thermal energies.
- 2. Direct current circuits : steady state and transient response of dc circuits.
- 3. Magnetic circuits : Electromagnetics, mmf calculation, lifting power of magnets.
- 4. Alternating current circuits : steady state response of single phase circuits; series and parallel resonance, balanced three phase circuits; active and reactive power in three phase circuits and their measurement.
- 5. Network theorems: star-delta conversion; superposition, reciprocity The venin, Norton and maximum power transfer theorem applied to direct and alternating current circuits in steady state.
- 6. Measuring instruments: working principles and constructional features of instruments used for measurement of current, voltage and power in dc and ac circuits, extension of instrument range, use of shunt and multipliers. CT and PT..
- 7. DC generators and motors: construction, classification, operating principles and characteristics of dc machines, Starters and regulators; Swinburner’s test.
- 8. Transformers: Single phase and three phase transformer construction, classification, operating principles, emf equation equivalent circuit, expression for efficiency, regulation and their maximum values, open circuit and short circuit tests.
- 9. lnduction – synchronous machines: rotating magnetic fielf, construction of squirrel cage and slip ring induction machines, operating principles, equivalent circuit, torque-slip ring induction machines, operating principles, equivalent circuit, torque-slip characteristics, no-load and blocked rotor test of induction machine, construction and operating principle of synchronous machine, pitch and distribution factors, emf equation, voltage regulation and its determination by synchronous impedance method.
- 10 . Generation, transmission and distribution: Thermal, hydraulic and nuclear power station, lay out diagram, demand and diversity factors, plant capacity and load factors, calculation of voltage drop and efficiency in short transmission line, two wire dc and single phase ac distributor, underground and submarine cables, relay, operating principles of different types of circuit breakers, isolator, symmetrical short circuit study, short circuit capacity, recovery and restriking voltage.
- 11 . Semiconductor devices: Simple diodes and transistors, rectifier, oscillator and amplifier circuits. Thyristor and its application only.
Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
Applied Mechanics & Machine Design Group :
- Equilibrium equations (2D problem ), Friction, Properties of surface, Velocity and acceleration of particle for motion in straight, and circular path, Newton’s laws of motion, Energy and momentum conservation . Stress, strain, Hook’s law, T herm al stress , Statically indeterminate problem , Strain energy, Torsion of Circular shaft, bending moment and Shear force diagrams, bending stress, Deflection of beam, (method of integration and method of superposition), Short and Long column, Design considerations, Theories of failure, Concept of factor of safety, design of rivets, Cotter joints, Knuckle joints, flange couplings, shafts, pulleys and pipes.
Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Machines & Thermal Engg . Group;
- Properties of fluid, measurement of pressure, Hydrostatic equation, Total fluid pressure on plane and curved surfaces, Centre of pressure, Buoyancy, stability of floating bodies, types of fluid flow, Continuity equation, total energy of flowing fluid, Bernoulli’s equation, Measurement of flow in closed conduits and open channels (Orifice / Venturi meter, notches), measurement of velocity (Pitot tube), Impact of Jet on surfaces, pipe friction equation, Head losses in pipes, Minor losses, pipe line problems, open channel flow (Chezy’s and Manning’s equation), Centrifugal / Reciprocating pumps – pump work, efficiency, power, Pelton turbine / Francis turbine – working principle, Velocity diagram, Work done efficiency Draft tube, specific speed, Hydraulic accumulator, Fluid coupling, Hydraulic press, intensifiers.
- Heat, Temperature, Gas laws, Laws of thermodynamics, energy and entropy, Properties of steam, enthalpy and dryness fraction of steam, Description, and principle of working of different types of boilers, boiler fittings and their mountings, Steam power cycles and Air standard cycles. Introduction to reciprocating air compressor. Air refrigeration (Bell Coleman cycle) including problems, Principle of vapour compression refrigeration, systems.
Production Engineering Group
- Operational features of basic machine tools like lathe, shaper, planer, drilling machine, grinding machines, milling machines, broaching machine, boring machines. Cutting tools – their profiles, material and heat treatment. Theory of metal cutting – basic elements of machining, chip formation and types of chips, machinability and machinability index, cutting fluid. Press Work – Principle of blanking, piercing, drawing, bending embossing, coining.
- Press tools – dies & punch. Principles of Jigs & Fixtures. Basic idea of (i) nontraditional machining like EDM, ECM, USM, LBM (ii) CNC machine tools.
- Iron – Carbon equilibrium diagram – heat treatment of steel. General Principles of moulding methods & Pattern making, Types of pattern, pattern allowances – Core making and use – Casting processes like Sand Casting, Die Casting, Centrifugal Casting Investment Casting – Casting defects & remedies. Mechanical worlong of metals – forging, extrusion, rolling. Welding and allied processes Gas Welding, arc welding, resistance welding, thermit welding, soldering, brazing – welding defects & remedies.
- Industrial Management – Organisation structure & design organizational behavious – Basic principles of production management, materials management, marketing management, financial management, PERT, CPM – Safety & environment management. Metrology – principles and uses of micrometer, vernier caliper, screw pipe gauge, depth gauge, height gauge, sine bar – Surface finish concept of interchangeable system arid limits, fit & tolerance. Estimating & Costing ol materials for different processes.Latest Topics:
Last Updated on by