KEA MCA PGCET 2017 : Karnataka MCA Postgraduate Common Entrance Test 2017 also known as Karnataka MCA PGCET conduced by Government of Karnataka Karnataka Examinations Authority for filling of online application form for admission to MCA (Master of Bisuness Administration courses for the year 2017-17.
PGCET MCA Exam 2017
- In order to obtain admission to MCA courses through KEA, a candidate must appear for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test – 2017, Karnataka PGCET i.e KEA PGCET which will be conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore (Herein after referred to as KEA). Last year KEA PGCET was held on 9th of August 2015.
Karnataka MCA PGCET Eligibility 2017
For MCA courses:
- A candidate who has passed any recognized under graduate examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses. 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates.
- Provided that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified above in Pre-University Course with fifty percent of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates.
Lateral Entry to 2nd year MCA
- A candidate who has passed recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination in BCA, B.Sc (I.T. / Computer Science) with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
MCA PGCET Exam Pattern 2017
- The candidates will have to mark correct options on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet, which will be supplied at the beginning of the test.
- Among the four options provided against a question, only one answer will be correct.
The question booklet will be divided into two Parts, will consist of total 80 question. MCA courses conducted for 100 marks with 150 minutes duration.
- Part A : will content 60 Question and Each Question will carry 1 Marks.
- Part A : will content 20 Question and Each Question will carry 2 Marks.
Karnataka MCA PGCET Syllabus 2017
MCA: The question papers of the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for MCA PG Courses are detailed below: The syllabus shall comprise of the following broad areas.
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.
- Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.
- Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems.
- Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Normalized Floating-point representation.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning:
- The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuospatial reasoning.
- This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance,
Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.
- Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.
Old Question Papers
PGCET MCA Previous Year Question Papers with Answer Keys
- JbigDeaL will always try updates latest question papers on KEA MCA PGCET exam. We were looking for last 10 year PGCET MCA question papers with solution but we did not last 10 year solution. If any candidates have last 5 to 10 years PGCET MCA question papers with answer keys please share with us. Even any one having PGCET MCA Model Question Papers then send it to us. But we have managed last four year 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 MCA previous year question paper with answer keys for free download in PDF formation.
Karnataka MCA PGCET Online Mock Test
- START Online Mock Test
PGCET MCA Books / Study Materials
- Karnataka PGCET MCA Books / Study Materials 2017 : While some students aim to Karnataka MCA Postgraduate Common Entrance Test 2017 exam. Hence the experts suggest some Karnataka PGCET MCA books for the students to buy them online and study them.
PGCET MCA 2017 Books
PGCET MCA 2017 Study Materials
- KEA PGCET 2017
- Old Question Papers
- 3 Karnataka PGCET Books / Study Materials
- 4 Karnataka PGCET Result 2017 Merit List