The National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 (NATA 2018) is a national level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. The test measures aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking of the candidates.
- 1 NATA 2018
- 2 NATA 2018 Eligibility
- 3 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- 4 Old Question Papers
- 5 NATA 2018 Books & Study Materials
- 6 NATA Score Cards | Results 2018
- 7 NATA Address:
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 or NATA 2018 measures the aptitude of the applicant for architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion,aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability required for architecture.
- NATA 2018 score is required for admissions to 1st year B.Arch. at all institutes / schools / colleges of Architecture in India (including Govt., Govt-aided, Private Unaided, University Depts. Deemed Universities, etc.), offering courses, and leading to Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.The test is conducted throughout the year at designated test centres located at various parts of the country. Candidates can attempt NATA for a maximum of 5 (Five) times during the period when their latest scorecard is valid.
NATA 2018 Exam Date:
- The National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA), Pune, an Academic Unit of the Council of Architecture (CoA), is conducting NATA 2018.
- Generally the exam held in the month of April to May. Last Year Nata Test conducted from 01.04.2015 to 25.05.2015 and from 01.06.2015 to 21.08.2015 and can be given during this period as per the pre-decided schedule of the designated Test Centers. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Registration Start||21st January, 2017|
|Exam Start||1st April, 2017|
|Last Date of Exam||20th August, 2017|
|Last Date of Registration||18th August, 2017|
NATA 2018 Application Form
- Online Registration for NATA Forms will begin from March 2018. The detailed brochure, procedure for application shall be released on this website of NATA.
NATA 2018 Registration form can filled and submitted ONLINE from this website by payment of NATA fees of Rs. 1250.00 (+ Processing Charges) using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan
Download the Prefilled Registration form and procure the necessary registration documents.
Select a Test Center / Region (from the website http://www.nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate. Approach the Test center for Appointment for NATA Exam.
NATA 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with Mathematics as a subject or done diploma from a recognised institute/university/board with atleast 50% aggregate marks in 12th/diploma.
- Candidates with International Baccalaureate Diploma having 50% aggregate marks and Maths as a subject can also apply.
- The candidates should be resident of India and should have attained a minimum age of seventeen years as on 01st of July of the ensuing year of the entrance test.
- Furthermore, the candidates should be mentally as well as physically fit during the admission process.
NATA 2018 Courses
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
NATA 2018 Extra Information
What Is It?
- The National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2018 (NATA 2018) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
Who Takes It and Why?
- Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA 2018. NATA 2018 scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measures for comparing the qualifications of applicants.
Where Do People Take It?
- NATA 2018 is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centers located at colleges / schools of architecture in India. Updated list of Test centers is available at the website http://www.nata.in
Who Accepts It?
- All schools / colleges of Architecture, Government, Government aided, University Departments, private unaided, including colleges affiliated to self-financed Deemed Universities and Private Universities, or any department of Architecture within a college, requires that its applicants take the NATA 2018.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
The NATA 2018 exam is conducted in two parts:
- (Part – A) The Computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test and
- (Part – B) The Paper based drawing test.
- The Computer Based Aesthetic Sensitivity Test is a test of two hours which contains 40 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Negative marking is not there.
- This test measures the drawing and observation skills of the candidates, their sense of proportion, critical thinking ability and aesthetic sensitivity.
- The Paper Based Drawing Test is of two hours which consists of two questions with each question containing two sub questions.
- NATA includes an optional 10-minute break after the Drawing section. This break time cannot be exceeded.
NATA Exam Syllabus 2018:
NATA Drawing Test
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt three questions. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
NATA Aesthetic Sensitivity-
This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions. The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of
- Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.
Old Question Papers
NATA Previous Year Question Papers with answer keys
- Here you can find all of the NATA previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for Architecture Entrance exam and Designing Entrance 2018 preparation. This Year on 2015 NATA written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
NATA Model Papers 2018:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in NATA related exams.
- Download Sample Paper I
NATA Online Practice Test:
- NATA MCQ Questions Answers for Architecture Entrance. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of NATA Question answers quiz.
START Practice Test Online
NATA 2018 Books & Study Materials
- B. Arch. – Bachelor of Architecture & NATA – National Aptitude Test in Architecture Entrance Examination, published by G. K. Publications, is a comprehensive book for those who aspire to excel in the entrance exams conducted by various educational institutions and universities across India. It includes solved papers 2013 and 2014. This self-preparation guide conforms to the latest syllabi and exam patterns.
We have found some best NATA books in online you can check below.
NATA 2018 Books
NATA 2018 Study Materials
NATA Score Cards | Results 2018
- The score cards will be available on NATA website in e-format. Usually, the score cards will be posted on the website on the fourth working day after the test. The candidate, after fourth day may check his score directly from website giving his / her candidate ID.
- However, print out taken by the candidate of such score card will be only for reference and information. Candidate, however, may use print out of this score card while applying for the admission if the admission authority calls for the same.
- Original score card will be retrieved and verified by the admission authority directly from NATA server. Only the score card stored on NATA server is valid and no print/ hard copy will be considered valid. The NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which the applicant appeared for the NATA Test.
|Address||Council of Architecture|
India habital Centre, Core 6-A, 1st Floor,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110003
|Phone||011-24648415, 24654172, 020-6573-1088|
|Test Period||National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA 2018) is generally held in Month of December|