NIFT 2018 Admission & Entrance : National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducted Entrance Exam for the admission in UG (B.Des., B.F Tech.,) courses and PG (M.Des, M.F.M, M.F.Tech.) courses at Bengaluru • Bhopal • Bhubaneswar • Chennai • Gandhinagar • Hyderabad • Jodhpur • Kangra • Kannur • Kolkata • Mumbai • New Delhi • Patna • Rae Bareli • Shillong.
NIFT 2018 Admission :
- NIFT 2018 or The National Institute of Fashion Technology 2018 conducts entrance test for admission to Bachelor and Master programs in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design, Communication Design, Fashion Management and Apparel Production.
NIFT 2018 Entrance:
- The National Institute of Fashion Technology 2018 conducts entrance test for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admission. The entrance generally held on February into two pahses.
- Phase I : Paper Based Test conducted for Bachelor of Design (B.DES.) and Master of Design (M.DES.)
- Phase II :Computer Based Test, both of these exam conducted for B.FTECH, M.F.M., M.FTECH.
- Based on the choice, all eligible candidates will have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centres opted by them. The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted
- There is no negative marking. Each right answer will be awarded 1 mark.
The weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list of the entrance examination will be as under:
NIFT 2018 Entrance Online Application:
- NIFT Admission Test 2018 Application form can be download from applyadmission.net official website. Online application starts from November.
- The Information Brochure will be available ON LINE on the NIFT websites.
- NIFT Candidates are advised to read carefully this information brochure, check their eligibility and applicable reservation category etc. before filling and submitting the application.
- The application for NIFT 2018 will be made completely online.
- Candidate should have a scanned image of his/her latest photograph and signature in JPG format only, for uploading while submitting his/her online application.
- Last date for online registration with late fees of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable application fees) through Credit/Debit Card only. In case of Demand Draft, the print out of application alongwith DD should reach the given address before mid of January, 2018
- Separate FEE and APPLICATION are to be submitted for each date and/or programme
NIFT 2018 Admission Process:
- For admission into all the course of NIFT candidates have go through different level of test like CAT, GAT, Situation Test and GD/PI.
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Admission & Entrance 2018:
- For the admission into NIFT Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Admission & Entrance 2018. Candidates have to eligible for the entrance test.
Courses in B.Des
- Fashion Design
- Leather Design
- Accessory Design
- Textile Design
- Knitwear Design
- Fashion Communication
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
B.Des Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- On the basis of result of written test GAT and CAT, B.Des candidates will be called for second test called Situation Test. Check below for details about GAT/CAT etc.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) Admission & Entrance 2018:
- Four year programs, For the admission into B.F.Tech Admission & Entrance 2018. Candidates have to eligible for the entrance test.
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
B.FTech Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- B.FTech. candidates have an option to opt for Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates opting for CBT must indicate their choice of giving CBT at the time of applying.
- Exam to be appear GAT. Check below for details about GAT/CAT etc.
Master of Design (M.Des) Admission & Entrance 2018:
- For admission into all the causes of NIFT candidates have go through different level of test like CAT, GAT.
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
M.Des Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- For admission into all the causes of NIFT candidates have go through different level of test like CAT, GAT. Check below for details about GAT/CAT etc.
Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech) Admission & Entrance 2018:
- For admission into this caurse of NIFT candidates have go through different level of test GAT, Computer Based Test (CBT) . Test duration 3 Hours.
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
Master of Fashion Management (MFM) Admission & Entrance 2018:
- For admission into MFM Course NIFT candidates have go through different level of test CAT, GAT and GD/PI.
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
NIFT 2018 General Aptitude Test (GAT)
NIFT General Aptitude Test (GAT) For -B.Des. and M.Des
- GENERAL ABILITY TEST (GAT) FOR Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) and Master of Design (M.Des.) : This test will comprise of various sections as given below:
- 1) Quantitative Ability
- 2) Communication Ability
- 3) English Comprehension
- 4) Analytical Ability
- 5) General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The number of questions may vary in each section year to year.
|LANGUAGE OF WRITTEN TEST||English||English|
|TEST DURATION (MIN)||120||120|
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||30||30|
NIFT General Aptitude Test (GAT) For -B.FTech., MFM, M.Des. M.FTech
- General Ability Test (GAT) for Bachelor of Technology (B.FTech.), Master of Fashion Management (MFM), Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Technology (M.FTech.). This test will comprise of various sections as
- 1) Quantitative Ability
- 2) Communication Ability and English Comprehension
- 3) Analytical and Logical Ability
- 4) General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- 5) Case Study
|3 Hours||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|No. of Q||No. of Q||No. of Q|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension|
|Analytical & Logical Ability|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs|
NIFT 2018 GAT Syllabus:
- 1) Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub test consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- 2) Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehend a situation from a given passage etc.
- 3) Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic from the given information and evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the logic or reason involved in a particular problem given and applying it in solving the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- 4) General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- 5) Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT 2018 Creative Ability Test (CAT) Test:
- This test is administered to judge the intuition skill, power of observation, innovation in development of a concept and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
NIFT 2018 Situation Test :
- Shortlisted candidates for B.Des from the written entrance examination are required to undergo a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
- No additional material will be provided / allowed.
- Model will be evaluated on Space Visualization, Innovative and creative use of given material, composition of elements, colour scheme, construction skill , finesse of the model and overall presentation etc. These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept / idea behind the model constructed. The weightage of the write up is 30%. Since the medium of teaching in NIFT is English, the write-up will be in English language. No marks will be given for write-up in any other language
NIFT 2018 GD/PI Test:
Interview (PI). GD would comprise of approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned, on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on various parameters including:
- 1) Conceptual clarity
- 2) Knowledge of the topic assigned
- 3) Contribution made to the topic
- 4) Interpersonal skills
- 5) Ability to generate new ideas
- 6) Problem solving approach
- 7) Leadership qualities
- 8) Effective communication
A candidate is judged on the various parameters as listed below by a Panel, in the Personal Interview:
- 1) Career orientation
- 2) Aptness for the field
- 3) Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- 4) Communication
- 5) General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
Old Question Papers
NIFT Entrance Previous Year Question Papers Answers
- Here you can find all of the NIFT Entrance previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for Architecture Entrance exam and Designing Entrance 2018 preparation. This Year on 2015 NIFT written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
NIFT Model Question Papers 2018
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for Common Entrance Examination for Design 2018. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in NID GDPD related exams.
NIFT 2018 Online Practice Test:
- NIFT Questions Answers for Architecture Entrance. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of NIFT Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
NIFT Entrance 2018 Books / Study Materials
- There are so many books for NIFT Entrance For Admission to B.Des and M.Des courses 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for NIFT UG/PG Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for NIFT Entrance 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best NIFT Entrance exam books in online you can check below.
NIFT Entrance 2018 Books
NIFT Entrance 2018 Study Materials
NIFT Entrance Admit Card 2018
- On the basis of information given in the NIFT Application Form, Admit Card of provisionally eligible candidates will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/NIFT 2018 from 21st January 2018 (1300 Hrs) onwards. Admit card will not be sent by post. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIFT website for updates.
Admit Cards, Results and Counselling Schedule will be available on NIFT’s website only. No separate communication will be sent by post.
NIFT Entrance Result 2018
- The result of the entrance examination will be displayed on the NIFT website. Declaration of Final Result (Online) End of May / June 2018
- On the basis of result of written test GAT and CAT, shortlisted B.Des candidates will be called for second test called Situation Test.
- For B.F.Tech. candidates, GAT will be the final test for selection. The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT. On the basis of the result of GAT and CAT, in the case of M.Des. and GAT in the case of M.F Tech and MFM, candidates will be called for Group Discussion/Personal Interview (GD/PI