IBPS i.e Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form for total 19,243 Clerk vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.ibps.in for the post of Clerk this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has recently publish an advertisement notification for Clerk Posts vacancies jobs opening for August 2016.
The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of personnel for Clerical cadre Posts in the Participating Organisations is tentatively scheduled in November/ December 2016 & January 2017.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Organisations listed at (A) as a Clerk or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CWE Clerks -VI). The examination will be two tier i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases, preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Main examination. Depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2017-18 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative convenience, etc. The validity for CWE Clerks-VI will automatically expire at the close of business on 31.03.2018 with or without giving any notice.
Indicative Statewise and categorywise vacancies of each of the Participating Organizations are given vide Annexure-A. Recruitment in Participating Organizations is a dynamic process which depends upon restriction imposed, business volume, business growth, health of the organizations, branch expansion, internal and external factors, structural changes etc. Vacancies mentioned here are indicative and anticipated as communicated by the
participating organisations. However, Provisional allotment will be made based on the actual vacancies reported by the participating organisations.
[box title=”QUICK LINKS”]
- IBPS Online Mock Test
- IBPS Interview Questions Answers – PO, Clerk, RRB, SO, MT
- Sarkari Naukri Exam 2016
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification 2016
- Jobs In Banks 2016
- Jobs In PSC 2016
- Online Mock Test 2016
- IBPS Recruitment 2016 www.ibps.in
- IBPS Exam 2016
- IBPS Clerk Exam 2016
- IBPS PO Exam 2016
- IBPS RRB Exam 2016
- IBPS Specialist Officers Exam 2016
- IBPS Management Trainee Exam 2016
- IBPS PO Recruitment 2016
Vacancies in IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016
Total vacancies in Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Clerk post details are given below.
Name Of the Post
|Number of Vacancies|
|Clerical Cadre (CWE Clerks – IV)||
State Wise IBPS Vacancies
Name Of the State
|Number of Vacancies|
|Andaman & Nicobar||
Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|Daman & Diu||
Jammu & Kashmir
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for IBPS Recruitment 2016 for the Clerk posts is given below.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute. Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 12.09.2016. Such certificates should be dated on or before 12.09.2016.
- 1. All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 12.09.2016.
- Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 12.09.2016 has to be submitted at the time of joining. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- (2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. The candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- (3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1996 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of Upper age limit
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||
Persons With Disabilities
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||
actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||
Persons affected by 1984 riots
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||
(i) The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point No. II (3) to II (8).
(ii) The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
(iii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of joining and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
(iv) The following rules applicable to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central government would apply to Ex-Servicemen candidates appearing for the CWE:
- (i) Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central
Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’/ ‘D’ under the Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- (ii) An Ex-Servicemen who has once joined a Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him/her as an Ex-Servicemen for his/her re-employment, his/her Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of the re-employment in Government jobs ceases.
- (iii) Candidates who are still in the Armed Forces and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category whose date of completion of specific period of engagement (SPE) is completed one year from the last date for receipt of online application i.e. on or before 11.09.2017 are eligible to apply.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||
22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016
Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)
22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016
Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training
25.10.2016 to 07.11.2016
Conduct of Pre-Exam Training
|07.11.2016 to 12.11.2016|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||
Online Examination – Preliminary
|26 & 27.11.2016
04.12.2016 (if required)
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||
Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main
|Online Examination – Main||
31.12.2016 & 01.01.2017
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 Selection Process
- Online Examinations
- Main Examination
- Preliminary Examination
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern | Syllabus 2016
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
Name of Tests
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||
Composite time of 1 hour
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for online main examination.
b. Main Examination
Name of Tests
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||
Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)
|General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)||40||40||
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in.
|Please note that candidates will not be permitted to appear for the CWE (Preliminary as well as Main
Examination) without the following documents:
(1) Valid Call Letter for the respective date and session of Examination
(2) Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter/ application form and
(3) Photocopy of photo-identity proof (as mentioned in (2) above)Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the Preliminary examination is 1 hour the candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 2 hours or more including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc. For the main examination though the duration of the examination is 2 hours 15 minutes, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 3 hours or more including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- (i) The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The tentative list of Examination centres for the Preliminary exams is available in
- (ii) No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
- (iii) IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- (iv) IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for and a candidate may be allocated a centre of exam outside the State/UT for which vacancies he/she is applying.
- (v) Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- (vi) Any unruly behaviour/misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by IBPS.
- (vii) The centers for the Main Examination will be limited.
EXAMINATION CENTRES – Preliminary Examination (Tentative List)
|State /UT / NCR||
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Chirala /Chittoor /Guntur /Hyderabad /Kakinada /Kurnool /Nellore /Ongole /Puttur /Rajahmundry /Srikakulam /Tirupati /Vijaywada /Vishakhapatnam/Vizianagaram|
|13||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar Naharlagun|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh /Guwahati /Jorhat /Kokrajhar /Silchar /Tezpur|
|15||Bihar||Arrah /Aurangabad /Bhagalpur /Bihar Sharif /Darbhanga /Gaya /Hajipur /Muzzafarpur /Patna /Purnea /Samastipur /Siwan|
|17||Chhattisgarh||Bhilai /Bilaspur /Raipur|
|18||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Surat/Jamnagar|
|19||Daman & Diu|
|20||Delhi||Bahadurgarh /Delhi /Faridabad /Ghaziabad /Greater Noida /Gurgaon|
|22||Gujarat||Ahmedabad /Anand /Gandhinagar /Himatnagar /Jamnagar /Mehsana /Rajkot /Surat /Vadodara|
|23||Haryana||Ambala /Hissar /Karnal /Kurukshetra /Palwal /Panipat /Sonipat /Yamuna Nagar|
|24||Himachal Pradesh||Baddi /Bilaspur /Dharamshala /Hamirpur /Kangra /Kullu /Mandi /Shimla /Sirmaur /Solan /Una|
|25||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu /Kathua /Samba/ Srinagar|
|26||Jharkhand||Bokaro /Dhanbad /Hazaribagh /Jamshedpur /Ranchi|
|27||Karnataka||Belgaum /Bengaluru /Bidar /Gulbarga /Hubli /Mangalore /Mysore /Shimoga /Udipi|
|28||Kerala||Alappuzha /Kannur /Kochi /Kollam /Kottayam /Kozhikode /Malappuram /Palakkad /Thiruvananthpuram /Thrichur|
|30||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal /Gwalior /Indore /Jabalpur /Sagar /Satna /Ujjain|
|31||Maharashtra||Amaravati /Aurangabad /Chandrapur /Dhule /Jalgaon /Kolhapur /Latur /Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai /Nagpur /Nanded /Nasik /Pune /Ratnagiri /Sangli /Satara|
|36||Odisha||Angul /Balasore /Bargarh /Baripada /Berhampur(Ganjam) /Bhubaneshwar /Cuttack /Dhenkanal /Jharsuguda /Rourkela /Sambalpur|
|38||Punjab||/Amritsar /Bhatinda /Fategarh Sahib /Jalandhar /Ludhiana /Mohali /Pathankot /Patiala /Phagwara /Sangrur|
|39||Rajasthan||Ajmer /Alwar /Bhilwara /Bikaner /Jaipur /Jodhpur /Kota /Sikar /Udaipur|
|41||Tamilnadu||Chennai /Coimbatore /Dindigul /Krishnagiri /Madurai /Nagercoil /Namakkal /Perambalur /Salem /Thanjavur /Thiruchirapalli /Thoothukodi /Tirunelvelli /Vellore|
|42||Telangana||Hyderabad /Karimnagar /Khammam /Warangal|
|44||Uttar Pradesh||Agra /Aligarh /Allahabad /Bareilly /Bulandhshaher /Gorakhpur /Jhansi /Kanpur /Lucknow /Mathura /Meerut /Moradabad /Muzaffarnagar /Unnao /Varanasi|
|45||Uttarakhand||Dehradun /Haldwani /Haridwar /Roorkee|
|46||West Bengal||Asansol /Bardhaman /Berhampur /Durgapur /Greater Kolkata /Hooghly /Howrah /Kalyani /Kolkata /Siliguri|
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations.
Cut-off Score (Online main examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process. Depending on number of the State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment. Prior to the completion of provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING.
IBPS Clerk Exam Advertisement 2016
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form
Candidates can apply online only from 22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online Before applying online, candidates should—
- (i) scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure C to this Advertisement.
- (ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- (iii) keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- (iv) have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for applying online
- (1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE Clerks” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VI)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- (2) Candidates will have to click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
- (3) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure C).
- (4) Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
- (5) The candidate should indicate in the online application the state to which he/she opts for provisional allotment on selection. The option once exercised will be irrevocable.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 22.08.2016 to 12.09.2016 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
- – Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
- – Rs. 600 /- for all others
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only:
Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
- (i) Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature. In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data.
- (ii) The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- (iii) The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- (iv) After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- (v) If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online.
- (vi) On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- (vii) Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
IBPS Clerk Exam Call Letter Download 2016 (Admit Card)
- The Centre, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations shall be intimated in the respective Call Letter.
- An eligible candidate should download his/her call letter from the IBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/ her details i.e. Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier.
- Call letter for Scribe in the Main Examination: There will be an additional call letter for Scribe for the Main Examination.
- Intimations will be sent by email and/ sms to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CWE Clerks-VI. IBPS/ Participating Organisations will not take responsibility for late receipt / non-receipt of any communication e-mailed/ sent via sms to the candidate due to change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise beyond the control of IBPS/ Participating Organisations. Candidates are hence advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for details, updates and any information which may be posted for further guidance as well as to check their registered e-mail account from time to time during the recruitment process.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2016 Online Practice Test:
- IBPS Clerk Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers