OPTCL i.e Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited Recruitment 2017 Online Application for total 150 Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
- 1 OPTCL Recruitment 2017
- 1.1 QUICK LINKS
- 1.2 Vacancies in OPTCL Recruitment 2017
- 1.3 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
- 1.4 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- 1.5 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
- 1.6 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
- 1.7 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- 1.8 OPTCL Call latter Download 2017 (Admit Card)
- 1.9 OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Online Application
- 1.10 OPTCL Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- 1.11 Subjects Question Answers
OPTCL Recruitment 2017
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.optcl.co.in for the post of Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited. Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited has recently publish an advertisement notification for Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) Posts vacancies jobs opening for March 2017.
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited(OPTCL), a state owned power utility is engaged in the business of Transmission of electricity with a vision to emerge as one of the leading utilities in the country in Transmission space, intends to recruit energetic ITI qualified candidates in Electrician Trade for placement at various units across the State.
Vacancies in OPTCL Recruitment 2017
Total vacancies in Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL) Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) post details are given below.
The details of post/ category wise vacancies are as under:
|NAME OF THE POST||SC||ST||SEBC||UR||TOTAL|
|Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT)||24(W-8)||33 (W-11)||16(W-5)||77(W-26)||150|
Out of the above vacancies 4(Four) vacancies are reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates, 4(Four) for Ex-Serviceman & 1(one) for Sports Persons.
The number of vacancies in any discipline may increase or decrease by the Corporation without any notice.
(SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribe, SEBC-Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, UR-Unreserved, W: Women, PWD: Persons with Disability)
TYPE OF DISABILITY
i. The candidates belonging to PWD category shall be adjusted against the category which she/ he belong.
ii. The physical requirement and functional classification of PWD suitable for the job is as follows:
Physical requirement: ST, W, SE, BN, PP
Functional classification: HI (with suitable aid)
|ST||Work performed by standing|
|W||Work performed by walking|
|SE||Work performed by seeing|
|BN||Work performed by bending|
|PP||Work performed by pulling & pushing|
iii. The PWD certificate is subject to verification of the candidate by the prescribed medical board.
Selected candidates have to undergo training for a period of 1 (one) year at field units of OPTCL including Induction training programme at Power Training Centre Chandaka. The training will be for 1 (one) year duration, unless and otherwise extended further. During the training period, the trainees may be terminated without any notice or without assigning any reasons thereof. After successful completion of training, there shall be no obligation on the part of the Corporation to offer regular appointment.
The JMOT shall be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs.7, 000/- per month during the period of training. The training will be for a period of 1 (one) year unless and otherwise extended further. On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be appointed as Junior Technician (Electrical) in Semi-Skilled-A category on probation for 1 (one) year in the Scale of Pay of Rs 5200- 20,200/- plus Grade Pay Rs. 2130/- . Besides the Basic Pay & Grade Pay, DA, HRA and other allowances and benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance coverage etc shall be paid as per rules of the Corporation in force from time to time.
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for OPTCL Recruitment 2017 for the Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) posts is given below.
- HSC pass from recognized Board or equivalent and National Trade Certificate in Electrician Trade from Institution recognized by SCTE&VT/ NCVT with minimum 60% marks for General & SEBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
OTHER ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
- i. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- ii. She/ he must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently; and must have ; a. Passed Middle School examination with Odia language subject; or b. Passed Matriculation or examination with Odia as medium of examination in nonlanguage subject ; or c. Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government. d. Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- iii. A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/ her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- iv. The candidates must have a good character.
- v. Candidates, who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria, may apply for the post
i. Workman Permit from ELBO is mandatory for the workman to work in OPTCL.
ii. The candidate applying for the post of JMOT, should possess Lineman-MV Permit (with learner permit for workman-HT). The candidate has to submit the permit at the time of joining, if selected.
Note: As per the provision of Electrical Licensing Board of Odisha (ELBO), the candidate who has successfully passed ITI course prescribed for Electrician Trade from a recognised Industrial Training Institute of the State or any equivalent examination (approved by NCVT) is eligible to get LINEMAN-MV PERMIT (with learner permit of Workman-HT) from ELBO and she/he is exempted from appearing examination of ELBO.
- i. Candidate must not be under 20 (twenty years of age and must not be above 32 (thirty two) years as on 1st January, 2017 i.e. she/ he must not have been born earlier than 1 st January, 1985, and not later than 1 st January, 1997.
- ii. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of SC, ST and SEBC candidates.
- iii. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of Woman candidates.
- iv. The upper age limit is relaxable by 10 (ten) years in case of PWD Candidates.
- v. Every Ex-serviceman who has put in not less than six months continuous service in Armed Forces of the Union shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit shall be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding age limits.
- vi. Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to her/him.
- vii. The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council will only be accepted.
THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED ABOVE CAN BE IN NO CASE RELAXED.
- i. Reservation of posts including reservation for Women will be as per the ORV and other applicable Acts and Rules of Government of Odisha.
- ii. PWD candidates, whose disability is not less than 40% (forty percent), are required to attach Disability Certificate indicating percentage of disability & type of disability issued by the concerned Medical Board for consideration as per Rules.
- iii. Ex-Servicemen are required to attach copy of Discharge Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- iv. Sports Persons are required to attach copy of Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha.
- v. Concession meant for SC, ST and SEBC by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha State only.
- vi. The Competent Authorities to issue the caste certificate are: District Magistrate/ Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar/ Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
- vii. Candidates belonging to PWD, Ex-serviceman and Sports Person shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- viii. In the event of non-availability or insufficient number of eligible/suitable women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies shall be filled up by male candidates of the same category.
- ix. Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- x. Candidates belonging to SEBC category shall submit their SEBC certificate validated/renewed by the Competent Authority on or after 01.01.2014, failing which they shall be treated as unreserved category candidates.
- xi. Women candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC are required to submit Caste Certificate by birth showing “daughter of……..”. Caste Certificate obtained by virtue of marriage (i.e. showing “wife of…”) is not acceptable.
- xii. OBC Certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC Certificates.
- xiii. Community (Caste status) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances.
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- The JMOT shall be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs.7, 000/- per month during the period of training. The training will be for a period of 1 (one) year unless and otherwise extended further. On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be appointed as Junior Technician (Electrical) in Semi-Skilled-A category on probation for 1 (one) year in the Scale of Pay of Rs 5200- 20,200/- plus Grade Pay Rs. 2130/- . Besides the Basic Pay & Grade Pay, DA, HRA and other allowances and benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance coverage etc shall be paid as per rules of the Corporation in force from time to time.
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT), Skill Test and Career Marking
- i. Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test, comprising 200 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), out of which Subject knowledge (60%), Numerical/ logical reasoning (15%), General knowledge (15%) & English (10%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- ii. There shall be no negative marking.
- iii. Candidates who qualify in CBT and shortlisted shall be called for Skill Test in 1:3 ratio in each category.
- iv. Since the job involves climbing of Towers/ Structures, manual closing/ opening of isolators and other Electrical Operation & Maintenance related activities, Skill Test shall be conducted on the above activities.
- v. The skill test will only be of qualifying nature.
- vi. The qualified candidates in the Skill Test shall be called for document verification for career marking.
- vii. The merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Career Marking.
- viii. The offer of appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit. However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- ix. On selection, candidates will be posted at any of the existing/ future offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha.
MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS
|Test||Unreserved/ SEBC Category||SC/ST/PWD|
|Skill Test||Qualifying in nature|
|Career Marking||For ITI Qualification: 60% & For HSC: 40%|
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
|Description||Date & Time|
|Opening Date of online submission of Applications||25.03.2017, 11 AM|
|Start date of depositing Fee through ICICI Challan||27.03.2017|
|Closing Date of online submission of applications||24.04.2017, 7 PM|
|Last date of remittance of applications process charges/ Fee in Bank through Challan (for already registered candidates only)||24.04.2017|
|Online Test||To be notified subsequently|
1. All the important notification & updates regarding this recruitment shall be hosted in the OPTCL website in the Recruitment Section and accordingly all applicants are advised to visit the site regularly.
2. In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. OPTCL will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem in submission of online Application.
OPTCL Call latter Download 2017 (Admit Card)
- Certificate of Admission/ Admit Card for the Computer Based Online Test for the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPTCL prior to the date of examination. The candidates are required to download their Admit Card from the website of OPTCL and produce the same for Admission to the examination Hall/ Centre. No separate correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
OPTCL Recruitment 2017 Online Application
- i. Before filling up On-line Application, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement carefully and understand the contents of the Advertisement, Instructions to fill up On-line Application and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents available on the OPTCL website: www.optcl.co.in.
- ii. On successful registration of the online application form, a unique Registration Number will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form and a message will be send to your registered mobile number. Candidates are required to retain the unique Registration Number and use it for future correspondence.
- iii. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- iv. Uploading of Documents:
(Keep the following documents ready before initiating the On-line Application Form.)
Candidate shall upload the scanned copy of original documents:
a. Recent colour passport size photograph and signature in prescribed format (.jpg/.jpeg)
|Photograph||25 KB to 50 KB||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm|
|Signature||25 KB to 35 KB||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
Note: Candidates should ensure that the same passport size colour photograph is used throughout this recruitment process.
b. Caste certificate, if belongs to SC/ST/SEBC category.
c. Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate, if applicable.
d. Sports certificate/ Identity card, if applicable.
e. Ex-Serviceman Discharge certificate/ I card/ NOC, if applicable.
f. Experience certificate issued by the man power service provider/designated officer of the outsourcing agency, if an applicant is engaged through the outsourcing agency in OPTCL.
g. 10th Pass Certificate.
h. Essential Qualification Passed Certificate.
i. Essential Qualification Final Mark Sheet.
j. Lineman MV Permit from the ELBO or the undertaking to submit the same at the time of joining, if selected.
k. From point (b) to (j) (whichever is applicable) in .jpg/.jpeg format with a size of 100KB to 200KB.
Note: The uploaded documents must be clearly Identifiable/ visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
v. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use. In case the candidate is shortlisted in CBT, the candidate has to submit the same for Skill Test.
vi. Certificate of Admission/ Admit Card for the Computer Based Online Test for the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPTCL prior to the date of examination. The candidates are required to download their Admit Card from the website of OPTCL and produce the same for Admission to the examination Hall/ Centre. No separate correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
GENERAL INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS
- i. Only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admissible to the Computer Based Test. No other mode of application is allowed.
- ii. After declaration of result of the CBT, the candidates who are shortlisted in the CBT will be required to furnish Print out/hard copy of online application form along with photo copies of certificate and documents on or before prescribed date, which will be intimated on website later on.
- iii. ITI Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-Servicemen, Identity Card of Sports-persons and Identity Card/ Certificate of Physically Handicapped Persons must have been issued by the competent authority within the last date fixed for submission of online application form.
- iv. A candidate found guilty of seeking support for her/his candidature by offering illegal gratification or canvasing in any form or found indulging in any type of malpractice during the course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering herself/ himself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the ongoing recruitment, but also may be debarred permanently from any future recruitment or selection to be conducted by OPTCL.
- v. Applications submitted to OPTCL if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- vi. Mere applying for the post and fulfilling eligibility criteria in reference to the advertisement does not confer any right for an applicant to claim appointment.
- vii. Any dispute arising out of the ongoing recruitment shall be subject to jurisdiction of High Court of Orissa.
- viii. Candidates working in State/Central Government/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies of Govt. shall apply online. However, he must produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of Skill Test.
- ix. Final selection of the candidates shall be subject to medical fitness as prescribed by OPTCL.
- x. Candidates selected in OPTCL are liable to be posted anywhere in Odisha.
- xi. While applying for the above posts, the applicant shall ensure that she/he fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment / selection that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that she/he has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after appointment, her/his services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
- xii. OPTCL Management reserves the right not to fill any or all the positions so advertised without assigning any reason thereof. xiii. OPTCL Management reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof at any stage.
|Unreserved/ SEBC Category||SC/ST/PWD|
i. UR and SEBC candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only and Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) of Odisha only, PWD candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs.250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty) only. OPTCL departmental candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
ii. Candidates shall be required to make the payment of fee while filling up online application either in on-line mode or in off-line mode i.e. through ICICI Bank Challan.
iii. For On-line payment mode (Through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking): In case of On-line payment mode, an applicant will be redirected to payment gateway page under Tech Process. After completing the On-line payment, she/he shall take hard copy of the application form along with Fee Receipt. She/ He will retain the hard copy and proof of payment for future reference/record which shall be required at the time of verification of original certificates/testimonials as and when necessary. The candidate shall bear the online transaction charges extra as applicable.
iv. For Off-line payment mode by ICICI Bank Challan: The applicant shall print the challan format in on-line application and submit the challan in any ICICI Bank. She/he shall keep the OPTCL copy of challan for her/ his reference/record which shall be required at the time of verification of original certificates/testimonials as and when necessary. However, the applicant shall login to revisit the site after 24 hours of making the challan payment and take print out of the online application.
v. Application fee once paid shall not be refunded in any case. vi. The candidate has to retain the print out/ hard copy of the online application for future reference.
OPTCL Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- OPTCL Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers