PGCIL i.e Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form for total 74 Diploma Trainee vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2016
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a “Navratna” Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete Inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids.
New PGCIL Recruitment 2016
- Diploma Trainee(Electrical) – Total Vacancies – 50
- Diploma Trainee (Civil) – Total Vacancies – 12
- Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communication) – Total Vacancies – 03
- Chemist – Total Vacancies – 01
- Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical) – Total Vacancies – 10
Qualification – Diploma in Electrical Engineering /Civil/Electronics & Communication from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General/OBC(NCL) candidates and pass marks for SC/ST/PwD Candidates & Post Graduation Degree in Chemistry. (Full Time Course) & ITI (Electrical) pass in Electrician Trade from recognized Technical Board/ Institute.
- Diploma Trainee(Electrical) – 27 years for UR, 30 years for OBC(NCL), 32 years for SC/ST.
- Diploma Trainee (Civil) – 27 years for UR/ST, 30 years for OBC(NCL), 32 years for SC
- Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communication) – 27 years for UR/OBC(NCL)/ST 32 years for SC
- Chemist – 28 years for UR/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST
- Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical) – 27 years for UR 30 years for OBC(NCL) 32 years for SC/ST
Age relaxation :
- SC Candidates : 5 years
- OBC (Non Creamy layer) Candidates : 3 years
- PWD Candidates : 10 years
Selection Process : Written Test & Trade Test.
|For General and OBC(NCL)||Diploma Trainee (Electrical) – Rs.300.
Diploma Trainee (Civil) – Rs.300.
Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communications) – Rs.300.
Chemist – Rs.200.
Junior Technician Trainee (Electrical) – Rs.200.
|For PwD /SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman
|No Application fee regardless of the post being reserved for them or not.|
- Online Registration Start Date – 27.07.2016 (10:00 Hrs)
- Online Registration Closing Date – 16.08.2016 (24:00 Hrs)
- Last date of Remittance of application process Charges/fee in Bank.(For already registered candidates only) – 19.08.2016 (17:00 Hrs)
- Last date of Submission of Payment details in Online Portal (For registered candidates only) – 19.08.2016 (17:00 Hrs)
- Cut-Off Date for the purpose of Upper Age limit – 16.08.2016
- Availability of Admit cards on website – Will be notified later on the website.
- Date of Written Test – Will be notified later on the website.
[box title=”QUICK LINKS”]
Vacancies in PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2016
total vacancies in Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL) Diploma Trainee post details are given below.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment Exam Eligibility:
Minimum educational qualification for PGCIL Recruitment 2016 for the Diploma Trainee posts is given below.
|Name Of the Post||Education Qualification|
|1. Diploma Trainee (Electrical) Posts||Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Technical Board/ Institute with minimum 70% marks for General/OBC(NCL)/ST candidates and pass marks for SC.|
|2. Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Commn) Posts||Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering from recognized Technical Board/Institute with minimum 70% marks for General/ OBC (NCL) candidates and pass marks for SC/ST candidates.|
|3. Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) Posts||Two year full time Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma/ MBA in Human Resource/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relation/ MSW or equivalent from recognized Institute with minimum 55% marks General/OBC(NCL)/SC and pass marks for ST candidates.|
|Name Of the Post||Maximum Age (As on 22-06-2016)|
|1. Diploma Trainee (Electrical) Posts||27 years for General/ST
30 years for OBC(NCL)
32 years for SC
|2. Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Commn) Posts||27 years for General
30 years for OBC(NCL)
32 years for SC/ST
|3. Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) Posts||27 years for General/SC
30 years for OBC(NCL)
32 years for ST
Reservation/Relaxation/Concession for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD/Ex-Servicemen/J&K Domicile/Victims of Riots candidates shall be given as per Government of India guidelines as detailed below –
|For Posts Reserved for various categories|
|Sl. No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit||Relaxation in %age of marks in essential qualification||Concession in application fees|
|1.||OBC (NCL)||03 years||No Relaxation||Not Exempted|
|3.||Ex-SM – UR||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||No Relaxation||Exempted|
|4.||Ex-SM – OBC(NCL)||6 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||No Relaxation||Exempted|
|5.||Ex-SM – SC||8 years (5 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age||Pass||Exempted|
|9.||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st Jan., 1980 to 31st Dec., 1989 OR Children and dependent of Victims of Riots.|
|9(a)||UR||5 years||No Relaxation||Not Exempted|
|9(b)||OBC (NCL)||(5+3) = 8 years||No Relaxation||Not Exempted|
|9(c)||SC/ST||(5+5) = 10 years||Pass||Exempted|
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam 2016 Selection Process:
The Selection process shall be as per the details given below –
|Post ID||Name of Post||Selection process|
|1.||Diploma Trainee (Electrical)||Written Test (100 % weightage )|
|2..||Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communication)||Written Test (100 % weightage)|
|3.||Jr. Officer Trainee (HR)||Written Test (100 % weightage) & Computer Skill Test (Qualifying in Nature)|
Selection process for the post of Jr Officer (Trainee) HR: Candidates who qualify the written test shall be shortlisted for Computer Skill Test in the prescribed ratio subject to a Minimum cut-off percentage of marks of 40% for UR vacancies and 30% for reserved vacancies. Reserved category candidates who have not availed any relaxation, shall be eligible to be called under UR vacancy, if they are falling in the prescribed ratio for UR vacancies.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016 [UPDATED]
The Written Test shall be of Objective type (each question shall have four answer options) of two hours duration consisting of two parts –
- (a) Part-I consists of Technical/Professional Knowledge Test with 120 questions having specific questions from respective discipline.
- (b) Part-II consists of Aptitude Test with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, data sufficiency & interpretation, numerical ability etc. All questions carry equal marks (1 mark). Wrong & multiple answers would result in negative marks of ¼.
|For the post of Diploma Trainee (Electrical), Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Comm.) and Jr. Officer Trainee (HR)|
|Unreserved Vacancies||Minimum of 40% marks subject to at least 30% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately|
|Reserved Vacancies||Minimum of 30% marks subject to at least 25% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately|
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightage assigned to Written test shall be as indicated below:
|Diploma Trainee (Electrical) Diploma Trainee (Electronics & Communication)||Written Test||100%|
|Jr. Officer Trainee (HR)||Written Test||100%|
|Computer Skill test||No Weight|
- For the post of Diploma Trainee(Electrical/Electronics & Communication) : Candidates who qualify in the Written test will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment in the prescribed ratio.
- For the post of Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) : Candidates who qualify in the Written Test and Computer Skill Test separately will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment on the basis of performance in the Written Test only.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Pay Scale | Salary
|Post ID||Stipend during training period||Designation & Level on successful completion of training period||Basic pay on Regularisation|
|1 & 2||Rs. 16500/- pm||Junior Engineer Gr-IV at S1 level in Supervisory category||Rs.16000/- in the pay-scale of Rs.16000-35500/- (IDA)|
|3||Rs. 16500/- pm||Junior Officer (HR) Gr-IV at S1 level in Supervisory category||Rs.16000/- in the pay-scale of Rs.16000-35500/- (IDA)|
Besides the above, the compensation package also includes IDA, HRA and other allowances, benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance covers, Performance Related Pay, Leave encashment, CPF, Gratuity and various low interest short/long term advances as per rules in force from time to time
Candidates selected shall undergo training for a period of one year. They will be required to execute a Service Agreement Bond as per the following details to successfully complete the training period and thereafter serve the organisation for at least three years:
|Post ID||Service Agreement Bond|
|1,2 &3||General/OBC (NCL) candidates: Rs. 50000/-, SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.25000/-|
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Advertisement
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form
. Interested eligible candidates should apply only through On-line Registration System of POWERGRID. To apply logon to http://www.powergridindia.com – Careers section – Job Opportunities and then “Recruitment of Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Electronics & Communication), Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) in NR-I” No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing back of any email sent to the candidate.
- The admit card indicating Roll Number, Name of the allocated Test Center and guidelines for the test will be made available on our website to the candidates found apparently eligible based on the online data only. The candidate has to download his/her Admit card, Test Guidelines etc. for appearing in the test from the website only. Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post.
- All information regarding this recruitment will be made available on the website: http://www.powergridindia.com and no separate communication shall be made. Candidates must constantly visit website http://www.powergridindia.com for information regarding dates of written test, downloading of admit card, result of written test, medical standards etc.
- E-mail ID and Mobile number to be entered in online application form is mandatory. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying online. Candidates are advised to keep the e-mail ID and Mobile number entered compulsorily in the online application form, active for at least one year. No change in the email ID or mobile number will be allowed once entered. All future correspondence shall be made via E-mail and/or SMS only.
|Fees : Rs. 300/- + Bank Charges : Rs. 60/-|
SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates need not pay the Application Fee regardless of the post being reserved for them or not (through bank Challan).
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Important Dates:
|1.||Opening date of online submission of applications||08-06-2016|
|2.||Closing date of online submission of applications||22-06-2016|
|3.||Opening date for deposit of fee through bank Challan||10-06-2016|
|4.||Last date for deposit of fee through bank challan||24-06-2016|
|5.||Cut-Off date for the purpose of Upper Age Limit||22-06-2016|
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Centres:
The Written Test shall be held at the following Test Centres:
|1||Delhi||2||Allahabad(UP)||3||Jaipur (RAJ)||4||Dehradun (UK)|
Candidates will have to choose the test centre nearest to their address for communication and no change will be allowed subsequently. Admission to the test will be on production of Admit Card. Candidates have to download their Admit Cards through our application portal. Admit Card will not be sent by Post. POWERGRID reserves the right to change/cancel test centres
PGCIL Recruitment Exam Question Papers
- Candidates who are going to apply in these PGCIL Diploma TraineePosts job, they might need sample question paper for better preparation in PGCIL Recruitment written test exam. Search PGCIL Question Papers for Competitive exam.
- Well we have search a lot find previous year question papers but we are unable to get it. Based on our experiences on the Sarkari Naukri Exam we have uploaded some model question papers with answers below.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam 2016 Online Practice Test:
- PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers