Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form for total 105 Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
- 1 Presidency University Recruitment 2017
- 1.1 QUICK LINKS
- 1.2 Vacancies in Presidency University Recruitment 2017
- 1.3 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
- 1.4 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- 1.5 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
- 1.6 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
- 1.7 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- 1.8 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- 1.9 Presidency University Recruitment 2017 General Conditions
- 1.10 Presidency University Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- 1.11 Subjects Question Answers
Presidency University Recruitment 2017
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.presiuniv.ac.in for the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in Presidency University. Presidency University has recently publish an advertisement notification for Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor Posts vacancies jobs opening for June 2017.
Presidency University, Kolkata, invites online applications for the posts of Professor,Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
- Jobs in West Bengal 2017
- West Bengal GK & Current Affairs 2017
- WB TET 2017
- West Bengal SSC Group C and D
- West Bengal General Knowledge and Current Affairs PDF 2017 (English)
- West Bengal General Knowledge and Current Affairs PDF 2017 (Hindi)
- WBSSC Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- WBSSC Group C and Group D Question Answers
- WB Central School Service Commission Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
Vacancies in Presidency University Recruitment 2017
Total vacancies in Presidency University Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor post details are given below.
|Name Of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for Presidency University Recruitment 2017 for the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor posts is given below.
For the post of Professor
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
An eminent scholar with consistently good academic record and a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline with a number of high quality research publications in reputed journals and / or publication of books with Master degree in concerned/ allied / relevant discipline.
At least 10 years’ experience in University/ College and/ or experience in research in university/ reputed research institutions/ industries.
Research guidance of doctoral students.
A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out the in UGC Regulations 2016 in Appendix III Table II(B).
An outstanding professional with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses and use of modern technology in teaching-learning process.
For the post of Associate Professor
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
A Master’s degree in concerned /allied / relevant disciplines with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) along with relaxations applicable to specified categories, as explained in the Note 1.
A minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience of teaching and/ or research in an academic/ research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or reputed research institution/ industry/ Public Administration with a number of good quality publications in reputed journals and/ or publication of books.
A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicators (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out the in UGC Regulations 2016 in Appendix III Table II(B).
i) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses and use of modern technology in teaching-learning process.
ii) Guidance of Ph. D students/ research projects.
For the post of Assistant Professor
Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) at the Masters Degree level in concerned/ allied / relevant subject , along with relaxations applicable to specified categories, as explained in the Note 1.
The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC (CSIR) or similar test accredited by the UGC like NET/SLET/SET, along with exemptions to specified categories, as explained in the Note 2.
Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor:
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions. However, differently-abled (physically and visually) candidates are not eligible for any marks relaxation in Physical Education discipline.
- The minimum qualifying marks of 55% is relaxable by 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master level for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Masters degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- The eligibility marks or 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University / Institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies. or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
NET/SLET/SET Exemption for the Post of Assistant Professor:
i. The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test NET/SLET/SET).
ii.Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July, 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test ( NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter
The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11,2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ Bye laws/ Regulations of the institutions awarding the Degree in the same or relevant subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET. Subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners:
c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D work.
f) (a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor /Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University instructions).
iii) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- Professor: Rs.37,400 -Rs.67,000/- + AGP Rs.10, 000/-
- Associate Professor: Rs.37,400 -Rs.67,000/- + AGP Rs.9, 000/-
- Assistant Professor: Rs.15, 600 – Rs.39,100/- + AGP Rs.6, 000/-
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- [Last date of submission: 07/07/2017]
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
The candidates are required to apply ONLINE ONLY. All details of this Presidency University Recruitment given in the Online Application Form. Therefore the candidates are advised to fill all details in the Application Form carefully
- STEP–1: Logon to www.presiuniv.ac.in (Presidency University Official website)
- STEP–2: Click on“Careers” || “Recruitment” and subsequently enter on relevant post being applied. i.e. Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor Posts
- STEP–3: Read the Presidency University Advertisement Notification carefully and be ready with the mandatory documents mentioned above and then click on “Register Online” & fill up the Online Application Form with all your details
Presidency University Recruitment 2017 General Conditions
- Appointments will be made on probation for one year which may be waived or extended in exceptional cases and will be guided by the rules as framed and / or amended from time to time. During or at the end of the period of probation, the services of the concerned faculty may be terminated without assigning any reasons thereof. On satisfactory completion of the probationary period the concerned incumbent will be considered for confirmation of service. Stipulation in respect of Experience and Age may be relaxed by the authority in case of exceptionally brilliant candidates on recommendation of relevant selection committee.
- Presidency University reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy if circumstances so warrant.
- The selection of advertised posts need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
- Essential qualifications prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of them will not entitle applicants to be called in for interview. If the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large and it is not convenient for the University to interview all the applicants, the number of candidates for interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, experience and other credentials or by any other suitable method.
- For all posts, Proficiency in the medium of instruction in this University (English) is required.
- Candidates already in employment must apply through proper channel and “No Objection Certificate” must be produced in order to appear before Selection Committee.
- Photocopies of all testimonials & certificates must be submitted at the time of interview (If called) .
- The originals will be required for necessary verification.
- Fulfillment of the minimum criteria will not ensure to get call letter for interview. University has the right to filter relevant candidates.
- The upper age limit is 37 ( thirty seven) years on the 1st January of the year of the advertisement relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category (non-creamy layer) candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Differently-abled candidates (except in the post of Physical Education) are entitled to an age relaxation of 10 years. Age relaxation of 5 years is available to the candidates possessing Ph.D Degree.
- Age limit for the post of Associate Professor and Professor as per the latest UGC Guidelines in this regard.
- The period of time spent by the candidates to acquire M.Phil and Ph.D degree shall not be claimed or considered as teaching/research experience for appointment to the post of Associate Professor / Professor.
- OBC-A, OBC-B, SC, ST certificate, (as the case may be, if applicable) issued by the competent authority of Govt. of West Bengal only, will be considered.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants who had applied for the teaching positions in response to previous advertisements have to reapply.
Presidency University Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- Presidency University Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers