SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form for total 2313 Probationary Officers vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
- 1 SBI PO Recruitment 2017
- 1.1 QUICK LINKS
- 1.2 Vacancies in SBI PO Recruitment 2017
- 1.3 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
- 1.4 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- 1.5 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
- 1.6 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
- 1.7 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- 1.8 SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- 1.9 SBI PO Exam Call Letters Download 2017
- 1.10 SBI PO Exam General information 2017
- 1.11 SBI PO Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- 1.12 Subjects Question Answers
SBI PO Recruitment 2017
SBI Recruitment 2017 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.sbi.co.in for the post of Probationary Officers this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in State bank of India. State bank of India has recently publish an advertisement notification for Probationary Officers Posts vacancies jobs opening for Feb. 2017.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register on-line for the Recruitment Process. The examination will be held in two phases preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Exercises & Interview. Prospective candidates will have to apply to after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
- SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Exam Notification
- SBI Senior Manager Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- SBI Permanent Part-time Medical Officers Recruitment 2017
- SBI Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
- SBI Specialist Cadre Officers Recruitment 2017
- Online Mock Test 2017
- Current Affairs 2017
- Sarkari Naukri Exam 2017
- Govt. Jobs 2017
Vacancies in SBI PO Recruitment 2017
Total vacancies in State bank of India (SBI) Probationary Officers post details are given below.
Name Of the Post
|Number of Vacancies|
Vacancies (including backlog vacancies) :
Backlog vacancies detailed as under have been included in the above mentioned total vacancies.
CATEGORY wise Vacancies Details
Instructions for writing Category Name and Category Code no. while applying online. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘CREAMY LAYER’, are not entitled to OBC reservation and age relaxation. They should indicate their category as ‘GEN’ or ‘GEN (OH)’ or ‘GEN (VI)’ or GEN (HI) (as applicable).
Various category names and their code numbers are given below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGE OF CATEGORY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT ANY STAGE AFTER REGISTRATION OF ONLINE APPLICATION.
|SC (OH)||02||ST (OH)||06||OBC (OH)||10||GEN (OH)||14|
|SC (VI)||03||ST (VI)||07||OBC (VI)||11||GEN (VI)||15|
|SC (HI)||04||ST (HI)||08||OBC (HI)||12||GEN (HI)||16|
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for SBI Recruitment 2017 for the Probationary Officers posts is given below.
Essential Academic Qualifications: (AS ON 01.07.2017)
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
- (1) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the marksheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
- (2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPAis awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- (3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2017 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1987 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive).
|SL No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities (PWD||PWD (SC/ST)-15 Years|
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
|4||Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency 5 years Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.||5 years|
|5||Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir 5 years during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
NOTE : CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANYOTHER ITEMS. C) Other (I) Candidates with record of default in repayment of loans/credit card dues and/or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment. (ii) Candidates against whom there is/are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude are not eligible to apply for the post.
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs.23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors. SBI plans to offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|SL No.||Name of test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II:Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(I) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|SL No.||Name of test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase – III:Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks) The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises &Interview will be as decided by the Bank. Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE& Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. Results of the candidates who have qualified for Group Exercises & Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar and also in Bank’s website.
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||15-04-2017 onwards|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||29th & 30th Apr and 6th & 7th May’17|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||17-05-2017|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||22-05-2017 onwards|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||4th June 2017|
|Declaration of Result – Main||19th June 2017|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||26th June 2017|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||10th July 2017 onward|
|Declaration of Final Result||5th Aug 2017|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training||07-04-2017 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||17-04-2017 to 22-04-2017|
SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
Candidates can apply online only from 07.02.2017 to 06.03.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
(a) GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.sbi.co.in/careers or www.statebankofindia.com/careers. After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/Internet Banking.
Helpdesk: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges or receipt of Admission/call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge his/her query on http://cgrs.ibps.in. Candidates are advised to not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India-2017’ in the subject of the email
Pre-requisites for Applying Online : Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by email.
GUIDELINES FOR SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given in Annexure-II. Online application will not be registered unless candidates upload photo and signature as specified.
Note: a. In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate’s application may be rejected. b. In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his application and re-upload his photograph or signature.
Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
– Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
– Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
– Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
– If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
– If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
– If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
– Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
– Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
– Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
– Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
– The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
– The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
– The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
– If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Call Letter, the applicant will be disqualified.
– Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
– Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
– Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
– Signature in CAPITALLETTERS shall NOT be accepted. Scanning the photograph & signature:
– Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
– Set Color to True Color – File Size as specified above
– Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
– The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
– Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
– If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
– While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
– There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
– Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
– Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
– Select the file by clicking on it – Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photograph and signature as specified.
- (1) In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application may be rejected. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
- (2) After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGE: (Non Refundable)
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
PAYMENT OF FEES : [ONLINE MODE ONLY] :
- i. Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- ii. Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com/careers or www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the appropriate Online Application Format, available in the current openings.
- iii. Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- iv. After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.
- v. The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- vi. On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record. The printout of the application form is not to be sent to the Bank.
- vii. If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
- viii. There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
SBI PO Exam Call Letters Download 2017
- The candidates should download their call letter and an “acquaint yourself “booklet by entering their registration number and password / date of birth from the Bank’s website. NO HARD COPY OF THE CALL LETTER / ACQUAINTYOURSELF BOOKLETWILLBE SENTBYPOST.
SBI PO Exam General information 2017
- i) Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
- ii) Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Bank would admit to the test all the candidates applying for the posts with the requisite fee on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of interview.
- iii) Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- iv) SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- v) Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/ appearance by a candidate in examination and / or Group Exercises and interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
- vi) The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/ or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
- vii) Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions are advised to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- viii) In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment.
- ix) Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority on format prescribed by the Government of India will have to be submitted by the SC/STcandidates, if called for interview.
- x) A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC category stating that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer as on 06.03.2017. OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2017 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview.
- xi) Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID alive for receiving advices, viz. call letters/ Interview advices etc.
- xii) Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his /her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank.
- xiii) Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/ forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
SBI PO Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- SBI PO Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers
Be the first to leave a review.