WBSSC i.e West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form for total 42 Stenographer vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016
WBSSC Recruitment 2016 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.wbssc.gov.in for the post of Stenographer this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. West Bengal Staff Selection Commission has recently publish an advertisement notification for Stenographer Posts vacancies jobs opening for Nov. 2016.
Online Applications/ Applications through Tathya Mitra Kendras are invited from eligible
Indian Citizens for recruitment to the following posts under Finance Department & Consumer
Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal, selection of which will be made by the West
Bengal Staff Selection Commission in terms of Section 6 (1) of the West Bengal Staff Selection
Commission Act, 2011:-
Vacancies in WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016
Total vacancies in West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC) Stenographer post details are given below.
Name of the Post
|Department||No. of Posts|
|Stenographer (Schedule – A)||Finance|
SC – 05; ST – 08; BC (A) -16; BC (B) – 03
Stenographer (Schedule – B)
UR – 04; PH-LV – 01; SC – 02; ST – 01; BC (A) – 01; BC (B) – 01
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for WBSSC Recruitment 2016 for the Stenographer posts is given below.
- (a) A Pass in Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal board of Secondary Education or its equivalent and
- (b) Acquisition of knowledge in Computer Literacy.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not applicable to those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali) as per Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No.
10725-F dated 13/11/2002 read with Finance Department (Audit Branch) Notification No.
1243-F (P) dated 02/03/2016.
- Not below 18 years and not more than 32 years as on 1st January 2016.
Upper age limit is relaxable –
A. For SC/ ST Candidates:
- By 5 years for SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per existing Government rules & regulation.
B. For BC – A/ BC – B Candidates:
- By 3 years for BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal;
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the BC-A/ BC-B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for BC-A/ BC-B candidates will be admissible to all such
candidates as per existing Government rules & regulations.
- SC / ST / BC- A/ BC-B CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES WILL BE TREATED AS UNRESERVED CANDIDATES.
- Any candidate belonging to the SC/ ST/ BC-A/ BC-B category, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved category, will be directed to furnish original certificate issued by any of the following Competent Authorities of West Bengal as laid down in the West Bengal Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes (Identification) Act, 1994 & SC & TW Department Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 06/04/1995, during verification of testimonials at any time to be fixed by the Commission. List of Competent Authorities for issuing Caste Certificates:
- (i) In the District, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- (ii) In Kolkata, the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and ex-officio Joint Director, Backward
C. For Ex-Servicemen Candidates:
- Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Government
rules and regulations.
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-Servicemen candidates, if such reservation is advertised against any post for this Sub-Category.
- The benefit of age relaxation will be admissible to Ex-Servicemen candidates. Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given on the basis of the tenure of
service rendered by the candidate in Defence Service(s), as laid down in relevant Government Notifications.
D. For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above:
Age relaxations are available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities.
- The benefits of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40%
and above as per existing Government rules & regulations, if such reservation is advertised
against any post for respective Sub-Category.
- The benefits of age relaxation for candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above will
be admissible to all such candidates as per existing Government rules & regulations.
- Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore, shall not get benefit of reservation and age relaxation.
E. For Departmental Candidates:
- The benefit of age relaxation will be given to the Government employees as Departmental
Candidates, who are in Government service continuously at least for two years.
- Any Departmental candidate, if shortlisted, will be directed to furnish original certificate
issued by his/ her Appointing Authority to prove his/ her claim.
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016 Pay Scale | Salary
Name of the Post
Scale of pay
Stenographer (Schedule – A)
|Pay Band – 3 (Rs.7100/- – Rs.37600/-) Grade Pay Rs.3600/- (Entry Point minimum pay of Rs.7910/- per month.|
|Stenographer (Schedule – B)|
Pay Band – 3 (Rs.7100/- – Rs.37600/-) Grade Pay Rs.3600/-
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016 Advertisement
WBSSC Stenographer Exam Pattern | Syllabus 2016
For the post of Schedule “A” & “B” English Stenographer (Basic Grade):-
(As per Finance Department’s Notification No. 1182 – F (H) dated 29/02/2016.)
(A) Scheme of Examination: (For Paper I, Paper II and Paper III):
The Examination will comprise of the following three Papers:-
- Paper I :- General English – 100 Marks;
- Paper II :- Dictation and Transcription – 400 Marks;
- Paper III:- Computer Typing – 100 Marks
(i) The candidates who will qualify in Paper -I (General English), shall appear for Paper-III (i.e., Computer Typing) only.
(ii) Paper-III will be conducted before Paper – II.
(iii) Those candidates who will qualify in Paper – III, shall appear for Paper-II (i.e., Dictation and Transcription) only.
(B) Syllabus of Examination (For Paper I, Paper II and Paper III):
Paper-I: General English:-
- This paper shall consist of spelling of words, correct use of words, correction of sentences, use of common phrases, synonyms and antonyms and punctuations. The time limit for this paper shall be 90 minutes.
Paper-II: Dictation & Transcription:-
- This paper shall consist of Dictation lasting for 10 minutes followed by Transcription of Shorthand notes in Computer in One hour time. The Dictation shall be given through-out at a uniform speed of 80 words per minute. The number of errors admissible shall be fixed by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission.
Paper-III: Computer Typing:-
- The candidates are required to type from a manuscript accurately in Computer at the rate of not less than 35 words per minute. The time limit for this paper shall be 10 minutes.
(C) Mode of Examination:
- Candidates shall have to appear at an ONLINE Examination for Paper-I. In that case, candidates may not be allotted the same examination centre as chosen by the candidates during submission of application. No prayer for change of examination venue will be entertained.
(D) A Common Merit List for the successful candidates will be prepared by aggregating
Marks obtained in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III respectively. Successful
candidates will be allowed to opt for either Schedule – A or Schedule – B cadre.
Separate Final List for both Schedule – A and Schedule – B Stenographer will be
prepared in accordance with the position secured by the candidates in the Common
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016 Important Dates
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application : 18.11.2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 20.12.2016
WBSSC Stenographer Recruitment 2016 Online Application Form
Candidates will be able to submit application through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in
by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
Payment of Examination fees and Processing fees can be made online through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits Cards / Net banking of any bank. An amount of Rs.5/- only will be charged by the concerned agency as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Card / Credit Card/ Net Banking facility.
ONLINE APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD SCANNED COPY OF THEIR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH AND FULL SIGNATURE.
Application Number will be generated. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO NOTE IT DOWN AND MENTION THE Application Number FOR ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS, IF ANY, WITH THE COMMISSION.
CANDIDATES MAY ALSO “SAVE” / “PRINT” A COPY OF THEIR APPLICATIONS AFTER SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION ONLINE, FOR THEIR READY REFERENCE.
Application Number is automatically generated after successful payment of fees at the payment gateway. In case of linkage problems Application Number may not be generated immediately after payment of fees through payment gateway. In such cases please note down the transaction ID that is generated after successful payment. Application Number will be sent to you by email in the next seven working days. You may send an email to the Commission to
firstname.lastname@example.org referring the transaction ID, if you do not receive Application Number even after seven working days of successful payment.
Once application is successfully submitted after payment and transaction ID is generated, there is no need to apply again.
The following Examination Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Commission for this Examination:-
|Examination Fee||Processing Fee|
Total Amount Payable
All categories except Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
|Rs. 200/-||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 220/-|
|Scheduled Caste||Nil||Rs. 20/-|
Candidates making online payment through payment gateway using Debit Cards / Credits
Cards / Net banking of any bank will be charged an additional amount of Rs.5/- only for
utilizing payment gateway service.
Candidates applying through the Tathya Mitra Kendra will have to bear an additional charge
of Rs.20/- for filling up of the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of
candidate’s photograph and signature and making online payment of Examination Fees and /
or Processing Fees received from the applicant.
All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe shall pay Examination fees of Rs.200/- and Processing fees of Rs.20/- (Total amount – Rs.220/-) only;
Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe shall pay Processing fees of Rs.20/- only as they are exempted from paying any Examination fees. However, shortlisted
candidates are required to produce their SC/ST Certificates issued by the competent authority
at the time of verification;
No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ ST/ BC – A/ BC – B candidates of other states.
Neither claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
Applications not accompanied with the requisite examination and/ or processing fees shall be rejected straightway, without making any communication with the concerned candidate in this regard.
WBSSC Exam 2016 Online Practice Test:
- WBSSC Stenographer Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers