PUBDET 2018 and PUMDET 2018 by WBJEEB for Presidency University B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours) and M.A. / M.Sc. course admission 2018-19.
PUBDET 2018 / PUMDET 2018
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will be conducted PUBDET and PUMDET entrance exam 2018 on behalf of Presidency University For 2018–2019 academic sessions, for admission to three year B.A. /B.Sc. (Honours) course (PUBDET) and two year M.A. / M.Sc. course (PUMDET) in the Presidency University.
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducted PUBDET & PUMDET entrance exam in the month of June. Last year it was held on 06.06.2016 to 12.06.2016.
Online Application Form 2018:
- Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the portal: www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates may apply online and register for PUBDET even before publication of their (10+2) level result.
- The Information Brochure will be available ON LINE on the websites.
- Candidates are advised to read carefully this information brochure, check their eligibility and applicable reservation category etc. before filling and submitting the application.
- The candidate has to input name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and e-mail id. Candidate must take utmost care to give these inputs. If mistakes are committed there is no chance of correction.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
For the admission into three year B.A. / B.Sc. course (PUBDET) in the Presidency University.
|Sl No||Department||Eligibility (Aggregate and Individual Subject)|
|1||Bengali||60% in aggregate and 65% in Bengali|
|2||Biological Sciences||75% in aggregate with Physics & Chemistry + (Maths or Stat) + Biology|
|3||Chemistry||80% in aggregate (with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and 80% in Chemistry|
|4||Economics||80% in aggregate and 80% in Maths (not Business Maths), and 70 % in English|
|5||English||80% (Arts) OR 85% (Sci/Com) in aggregate and 75% in English or 65% in Eng-A (WBHS)|
|6||Geography||75% in aggregate with any 3 of 11 subjects (Phys, Chem, Maths, Bio, Stat, Eco, PolSc, Socio, History, Geography, Geology)|
|7||Geology||70% in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|8||Hindi||60% in aggregate and 60% in Hindi|
|9||History||70% in aggregate|
|10||Mathematics||75% in aggregate and 80% in Mathematics|
|11||Philosophy||60% in aggregate and 65% in English|
|12||Physics||80% in aggregate and 80% in Phys + Maths combined|
|13||Political Science||70% in aggregate|
|14||Sociology||70% in aggregate|
|15||Statistics||75% in aggregate and 80% in Maths or Stat|
For the admission into two year M.A. / M.Sc. course (PUMDET) in the Presidency University.
|Sl No.||PG Courses||Minimum required marks for students from Universities other than PU||Minimum required CGPA for students from PU (Direct Admission)|
|1.||Bengali||50% in Bengali (Honours)||5.5|
|2.||English||50% in English (Honours)||5.5|
|3.||Geography||50% in Geography (Honours)||5.5|
|4.||Hindi||50% in Hindi (Honours)||5.5|
|5.||History||50% in History (Honours)||5.5|
|6.||Philosophy||50% in Philosophy (Hons)||5.5|
|7.||Political Science||50% in Pol Science (Hons)||5.5|
|8.||Sociology||50% in any Honours subject||5.5|
|9.||Biological Sciences||55% marks in B.Sc. with Honours in any branch of Biological Sciences||6|
|10.||Chemistry||55% in Chemistry (Honours)||6|
|11.||Applied Economics||55% in Economics (Hons)||6|
|12.||Applied Geology||50% in Geology (Honours)||6|
|13.||Mathematics||55% in Mathematics (Honours)||6|
|14.||Physics||55% in Physics (Honours)||6|
|15.||Statistics||55% in Statistics (Honours)||6|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The question pattern for the admission into three year B.A. / B.Sc. course (PUBDET) and two year M.A. / M.Sc. course (PUMDET) in the Presidency University are same.
- The MCQ test will be a qualifying test. Papers of the written test will be evaluated for only those candidates, who qualify in the MCQ test.
- PCM is a combined test of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 10 + 2 standards; MCQ means Multiple Choice Questions.
- All multiple choice questions will have four answer options; only one of them being correct.
- Correct response will fetch full marks. No response will fetch zero mark.
- Wrong response or multiple responses will fetch negative one fourth (- ¼th) of the full mark (for example if full mark for the question is 2 then it will fetch -½).
PUBDET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
|Department (UG Course)|
Mode of test
|1||Bengali||MCQ & Written ( total 2 Hrs)|
|2||Biological Sciences||MCQ of PCM (1 Hr) and Biology (1Hr)|
|3||Chemistry||MCQ of PCM (1 Hr) and Chemistry (1Hr)|
|4||Economics||MCQ & Written (total 2 Hrs)|
|5||English||MCQ (1 Hr)* & Written (2 Hrs)|
|6||Geography||MCQ (1 Hr)|
|7||Geology||MCQ of PCM (1 Hr)|
|8||Hindi||Written (2 Hrs)|
|9||History||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|10||Mathematics||MCQ of PCM (1 Hr) and Mathematics (1Hr)|
|11||Philosophy||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|12||Physics||MCQ of PCM (1 Hr) and Physics (1Hr)|
|13||Political Science||Written (2 Hrs)|
|14||Sociology||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|15||Statistics||MCQ of Maths (2 Hrs)|
PUBMET Exam Pattern and Syllabus
|Sl No.||PG Courses||Mode of test|
|1.||Bengali||MCQ & Written (total 2 Hrs)|
|2.||English||MCQ (1 Hr)* & Written (2 Hrs)|
|3.||Geography||MCQ (1Hr)& Written (2 Hrs)|
|4.||Hindi||Written (2 Hrs)|
|5.||History||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|6.||Philosophy||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|7.||Political Science||Written(2 Hrs)|
|8.||Sociology||Written (2 Hrs)|
|9.||Biological Sciences||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|10.||Chemistry||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|11.||Applied Economics||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|12.||Applied Geology||MCQ (1Hr)|
|13.||Mathematics||MCQ (1Hr)* & Written (2 Hrs)|
|14.||Physics||MCQ (2 Hrs)|
|15.||Statistics||Written (2 Hrs)|
Old Question Papers
PUBDET / PUMDET Previous Year Question Papers with answer
- We have tired to find PUBDET / PUMDET Previous Year Question Papers with answer keys but we have not get the paper but we have found the PUBDET / PUMDET sample question Papers with answer in PDF file. Candidates can download PUBDET / PUMDET Question Papers with answer for free.
Sample Paper for UG and PG course
Download Admit Card
- PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 Admit card will be generated on the date notified, for the student to download and take a print.
- Candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card along with a photograph identical with the one uploaded to the examination centre.
- Candidates must ensure that the PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 admit card is not mutilated/ distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/ distorted/ soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in PUBDET / PUMDET 2018.
- Candidates are advised to retain their PUBDET / PUMDET 2018 admit card carefully in secured place in undamaged condition in all respects till completion of admission procedure.
Merit List 2018
The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of summation of the aggregate percentage marks (of the top four subjects, excluding Environmental Science/Education), obtained at the 10+2 level examination and the marks obtained in the respective admission tests. Candidates who have qualified for more than one subject will be allowed to express their choice during the counselling session.
- The Board will publish the merit list in its website: www.wbjeeb.in and final allotment of seats will be made through counselling to be conducted by the WBJEEB. The Board neither publishes nor communicates result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post-publication scrutiny or review and hence such requests will not be entertained.
- Once the merit list is published, the candidate must log in and download his/her rank card, which he/she must carry for counselling and preserve till admission.
- Merit list for PUBDET and PUMDET will be prepared as outlined before. In case of ties it will be broken by sequentially applying the following set of rules:
PUBDET Result 2018:
- The first criterion will be on higher admission test marks.
- The second criterion will be on the least negative mark obtained by the candidate in the MCQ test excepting Hindi and Political Science. For these two subjects the marks obtained at the 10+2 level will be considered as the criterion for separation.
PUMDET Result 2018:
- 1. Higher marks obtained at the honours level (either the percentage of marks or the percentage equivalent after grade point conversion).
- 2. Higher combined percentage of marks obtained in honours and subsidiary/ Pass/ Extra departmental subjects.
Detail information regarding list of candidates called for counseling, schedule and venue will notified through board’s website www.wbjeeb.in at the time of declaration of results.
- . Important documents in original and their photo copies to be brought positively by the candidates for verification during counselling:
- f) Mark sheet and certificate (if available) of 10+2 standard Board examination
- e) Mark sheet and certificate of 10th standard Board examination
- d) Admit card of 10th standard examination/ Birth certificate
- a) Admit Card of PUBDET/PUMDET-2016. c) PUBDET/PUMDET rank card
- g) Mark sheet and certificate (if available) of A. /B. Sc. examination for PUMDET candidates. h) Domicile certificate, SC/ST/OBC certificate as applicable.
The candidature shall be cancelled if he/she fails to produce any of the required documents in original or if any document is found to be faulty during counselling/ admission/ registration. The Board’s decision in this regard is final.
The candidature shall also be cancelled if the candidate fails to appear for counseling at the notified venue and time. No request for out-of-queue counseling will be accepted.C
- Sarkari Naukri Recruitment 2019 Today
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification 2019
- Latest Govt. Jobs in Last 7 Days
- General Knowledge Quiz (Mock Test)
- Month Wise Latest General Knowledge (GK) Question Answers 2016
- Reasoning & Aptitude Question Answers
- General English Language Question Answers