State Bank of India- SBI and Associate banks Interview Questions Answers 2015-2016. The following Interview question answers is based on the Previously asked question in interviews 2015-2016. You can also check HR interview question Answers.
SBI Interview Questions Answers
These SBI Interview Question Answers can be useful for various post like Clerk or clerical cadre, PO, and Specialist Cadre Officers, e.t.c of SBI and Its associate Banks Recruitment exam. We have found some SBI interview question based on last 10 years. But unfortunately we do not have the answers for each interview question. But I am sure the answer can be found in Online.
SBI Interview Questions Answers
There are some basics HR question which normally asked by every interview during the interview, the following interview question should be prepared intelligently by your self.
- Interview Question : Tell me about yourself?
- Why should I hire you?
- What is your long-range objective?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- Tips : How to prepare an Interview?
Interview Questions [on SBI]
- What is the role of a clerk / PO / Officer in bank?
- What is EXIM BANK
- What are the loan products of State bank of India?
- Define Banking and what are the other services provided by the banks?
- What are the services generally provided by a bank’s branch?
- What are the loan products of SBI?
- Tell us something about SBI that you know?
- What are the other services provided by the bank?
- Recently what award has been given to SBI?
- How many number of SBI branches are present in India?
- How many number of SBI branches are there in West Bengal (or the state’s where the interview supple to take place)?
- What are the minimum documents are required to open a Saving A/c and a Current A/c in a bank?
- Why Nominee is important to open any A/c in Banks?
How many Associate Banks of SBI bank is present?
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- Recent news about SBI?
- What is A holding company?
- What are the main Functions of RBI?
SBI Interview Questions [on Real Banking Life]
- Why you have you chosen banking?
- You used a word ‘career growth’, How will you measure it? What is the highest position in banking?
- Why don’t you try for private companies instead of coming to banks?
- If you are asked to reach 5 lac target within a specific period what will be your actions?
- You are late by one minute. What will you do?
- If there are some customers quarrelling in your office what would you do?
- How will you find out the misappropriation in accounts?
- What is the penal interest charged in your bank? Have you ever refunded it?
- Who issues guidelines for providing loans and what is the loan amount percentage for priority sector advances?
- If you are posted in a village will you go?
- What will you do in case if you are posted away from home?
- If 15 tasks are given at a time what will you do?
- How technology is improved in banking?
- If a customer approaching you is in a bad temper then what would you do?
- If you take home loan for 10 lacs and what is the margin?
- By sitting at home how can you send money?
SBI Interview Questions [on HR]
- Tell us about you?
- What does your name mean?
- Tell us about your family?
- Tell us about your days at Kolkata (or the place where the interview will be conducted?
- Tell us about your Educational background?
- Tell us about your work experience?
- What are the Exotic birds ( Since it was mentioned in hobbies)?
- Tell us about your attitude?
- Why did you choose banking when salary is less here?
- Once You are posted and if your husband/wife is located to some other location how will you manage?
- If you are posted in a village will you be ready to go? An how will take care of your children?
- What is your father (job) ?
- What is your husband doing?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your native famous for?
- What are the leadership qualities?
- How your strengths will be useful to bank?
- What is Job satisfaction?
- Who is your role model? Tell me about him or her?
- What will be Your attitude towards customers in bank?
- How YOU prepared for interview?
- What is the meaning of your name and tell us a famous personality having you name? (If your name is Ashvarya- you may have to tell about her.)
- If you are a team leader how will you share your success?
SBI Interview Questions [on Current Affairs]
- Tell us about economy of India.
- Electronics has given technologies to bank. What are they? Explain?
- What is the front news in today’s Hindu paper?
- Last 3 days news?
- What are the problems in CIBIL updation? How will you convince your angry customer whose name is default list even after repayment of complete loan?
- Tell us about this state’s current Chief Minister?
- What is your opinion about the certainty of profits in IT companies?
- Name some top IT companies?
- Who is the first president of INDIA?
- Tell us something about history of our freedom movement?
- At present who is the prime minister of India?
- What is the difference between Miss and Mistress?
- Say something about Indian political system?
- What type of government is ours?What is democracy?
- What is communism?
- What is secularism?
- What is Digital India?
- What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
- What is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana?
- What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
- What is Kisan Credit card?
- Your opinion in Make in India?
- What’s MUDRA bank yojana
SBI Interview Questions [on Accounting & Banking]
- What’s Monetary policy?
- What is meant by bossism?
- What’s SLR?
- What’s CRR?
- What is BRS?
- What is cash misappropriation?
- What is ILO and what are its functions?
- What is a listing in BSE?
- What is liquid ratio?
- What is current ratio?
- What is profit ratio?
- What is profitability ratio?
- What is NSDL?
- What is SEBI?
- What is foreign exchange?
- What is the savings interest in Japan?
- What is BPL?
- What is RTGS?
- What is IISC Code?
- What is SWIFT Code?
- What is NEFT?
- What is Minimum savings bank interest and who fixes it?
- What is the validity period of a cheque?
- What is Repo rate?
- What is inflation?
- What is meant by Double entry?
- What’s Collection of Bills?
- Lending of Lockers?
- What’s Selling gold coins,insurance,mutual funds?
- What’s Net-banking?
- What’s Credit card?
- What’s Demat A/c?
- What’s Purchase and selling of foreign currency?
- What’s Merchant Banking?
- Define BPL?(explain in terms of numerical values-refer to planning commission website)
- What does the term weaker section mean?
- Define banking?
- What is banking?
- What is PIN?
- What is marketing?
- What is plastic money?
- What is CIBIL?
- What is an ATM card?
- What is credit card?
- What is debit card?
- What is the difference between cheque and Demand draft?
- What is KYC?
- What are debentures?
- What is CAG?
- What is IRDA?
- What is SEBI? What is a Share? Why it is issued?
- What is a Limited company?
- What is a balance sheet?
- What are current assets?
- What are current liabilities?
- What is debt equity ratio?
- What do you mean by limited liability?
- In terms of international banking what is Letter of credit?
- What is NEFT?
- What is Rural Banking?
- What is the RRB that comes under SBI?
- Who is a authorised Dealer?
- What is Foreign exchange?
- What is GDP?
- What do you know about Bio metric ATM?
- What is Profit and loss account ?
- Types of accounts Banks?
SBI Interview Questions with Answers
What is meant by Cheque?
- It is a negotiable instrument. It is an order by the Account holder to bank to pay certain amount to certain person.
What is meant by DD?
- It is a banker’s chq to the branch of same bank to pay specific amount to specific person or order.
Difference between Cheque & DD
| || |
CTS (Cheque Truncation System)
- Instead of sending physical form, the electronic replica form is sent to the clearing house
Crossing of Cheque
- When two lines are crossed on left hand side top-corner of a Cheque, it cannot be encashed over the counter.it needs to routed through an account..
A/c payee crossed chaque?
- It should be credited to payee’s account only.
What are the things shown in chaque?
- To whom should be paid
- Amount in numbers and words
- IFSC & MICR Code
- Time period (it is valid for 3 Months)
- Chq no
- Space for Customer Signature
Types of Deposits A/c
- 1) Demand Deposits
- a) Saving A/c
- b) Current A/c
- It has fixed maturity period, higher interest is paid.eg RD, Fixed Deposit
Loans Priority sector loans (40% of Total Advances)
- MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises)
- Small Scale Business
- Transport sector loans
- Self help group
- SC, ST loans
- Govt. scheme lending
- Education loan
- Home loan
- Large industrial loans, large business loans, corporate loans. e.g. Personal loan.
Types of Loans
- Working Capital Loan-ex: OCC,KCC AND OVERDRAFTS
- Term Loan: EX: HOME LOANS
What is CBS?
- CBS is Core Banking System. A branch customer becomes the bank customer. All the branches of a bank connected to each other through central server.
What is RBI?
- RBI is Reserve Bank of India.
Functions of RBI?
- Its Bankers’ Bank
- Banker to the Govt. of India
- Control the Banking system and credit
- Execute monetary policy
- Manages the foreign reserves
- Issues currency
Credit Policy ( Always go to RBI official web site to know about the present rates.)
- CRR is Cash Reserve Ratio. ALL BANKS in India should maintain 4% of their total deposits in RBI in the form of cash
- SLR is Statutory Liquidity Ratio. Banks in India should maintain 23% of their total deposits in RBI in the form of bonds, gold & cash.
- It is a lending rate of RBI. It is now 7.75%. (The rate is applied for LAF-Liqidity Adjustment Fund, which banks use for their day to day shortage)
Reverse Repo Rate
- It is a deposit interest rate of RBI. It is now 7.75%.
Bank rate :8.75% ( Banks avail this facility against their outstanding of bills receivable)
What is Inflation?
- decrease in Currency values and increase in Prices level is called inflation.
How Inflation is Controlled by RBI?
- When ever inflation goes up, RBI intervenes to control the money supply.
- They raise Repo Rate. They may raise CRR & SLR
- When ever Repo,CRR & SLR are raised, banks also raise the Interest rates.
- When ever bank raises the interest rates, people avoid taking loans from banks. So automatically money supply comes down & inflation also goes down.
What is SHG?
- Women empowerment, Eradication of poverty
- THEY save among them selves and lend among them selves. After six month they can borrow money from Banks; Govt. also gives subsidy.
- He is the representative of RBI. He is appointed by RBI for the sole purpose of redressal of complaints.
- It is a scheme to bring all the people especially urban poor,village poor & BPL (Below Poverty Line) into the banking stream, public sector banks are asked to go to the door steps of these people to open a account with minimum KYC norms.