Tamil Nadu GK & Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Tamil Nadu Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Tamil Nadu state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c in Tamil and Telugu Language.
Tamil Nadu GK & Current Affairs 2018
The following Tamil Nadu General Knowledge & Current Affairs 2018 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) question answers will be updated every month. This will helps all the candidates for preparing any Tamil Nadu govt. Jobs 2018 even Tamil Nadu state basis exam, where question comes from Tamil Nadu states only like TN-TET.
Tamil Nadu GK (General Knowledge)
26 January 1950
Number of Districts
Name of Governor
Current Chief Minister
Edappadi K. Palaniswami
|Area & Rank||50,220 sq mi – 11 Rank|
Tamil Nadu GK Question Answers
Where the first Bhakti movement was originated?
- The Bhakti movement originated in Tamil Speaking region of south India and spread northwards through India.
Which national park has the largest elephant population in India?
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve has the largest elephant population in India.
Which state has the largest strength of women police personnel?
- Tamil Nadu police has the largest strength of women police personnel and women police stations in the country.
How much reservation is in educational institutions of Tamil Nadu State?
- Tamil Nadu now has 69 per cent reservation in educational institutions for socially backward section of the society, the highest among all Indian states
QUICK FACTS ON Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu is the eleventh largest state in India by area and the sixth most populous state in India.
- Tamil Nadu is the second largest state economy in India with ₹4789 billion (US$71 billion) in gross domestic product.
- The state has the highest number (10.56 per cent) of business enterprises and stands second in total employment (9.97 per cent) in India
- Tamil Nadu was ranked as the third most developed state in India based on a “Multidimensional Development Index” in a 2013 report.
- The Tamil Nadu Police Force is over 140 years old. It is the fifth largest state police force in India.
- Tamil Nadu top among Indian states with about 100 per cent Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in primary and upper primary education.
- The Midday Meal Scheme programme in Tamil Nadu was first initiated by Kamaraj, then it was expanded by M G Ramachandran in 1983.
Tamil Nadu Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers
Which bank is to acquire a Tamil Nadu based microfinance institution (MFI) called Grama Vidiyal? (July)
- Ans: IDFC Bank
In which place Union Cabinet approved to setting up of major port to become a trans-shipment hub for the global East-West trade route? (July)
- Ans: Enayam
Which state tops both the list in terms of number of domestic and foreign tourist Visits during 2015 report released by the Market Research Division of Ministry of Tourism? (June)
- Answers : Tamil Nadu
__________________ in Tamil Nadu rail track to become first green corridor by the end of this month. (May 2016)
- Answer – Manamadurai-Rameswaram
Who has sworn-in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister on the row of Continuous Second Time by claiming 134 seats in 232 seats? (May 2016)
Answers : J Jayalalitha
The Mukurthi National Park is located in ________ (May 2016)
- Answers : Tamil Nadu
The Election Commission of India has decided to call off the elections to the two Tamil Nadu constituencies. Name the Constituencies? (May 2016)
- Answers : Thanjavur and Aruvakurichi
Which automobile company gets a place for itself in the Special Economic Zone of Tamil Nadu? (March 2016)
- Ford Motors
Internet services to every household has been launched by which of the following state govt? (March 2016)
- Tamil Nadu government today launched internet services to every household through the state-owned Arasu Cable TV Corporation.
Bull taming sport “Jallikattu” is related to which of the following state? (January 2016)
- Tamil Nadu. Jallikattu is also known as Eruthazhuvuthal, is a bull taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day.
Which of the following was the long-standing and distinguished football administrators of the Tamil Nadu has been recently passed away? (November 2015)
- Tamil Nadu
Which Ports is going to acquire Larsen & Turbo’s (L&T) Kattupalli Port in Tamil Nadu? (November 2015)
- Adani Ports
K Prithika Yashini is set to become India’s first transgender police officer in which state? (November 2015)
- Tamil Nadu
Recently, where is Butterfly Park inaugurated which includes 200 species of plants and trees and have a conductive atmosphere for the butterflies? (September 2015)
- Tamil Nadu
Don not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by