TIFR GS Physics Exam 2017 : TIFR GS Admission 2017 Tata Institute of Fundamental Research also know as Graduate School Admissions (GS-2017) for the admission into PHD in Physics and M.Sc PHD in Physics.
- 1 TIFR GS Physics Exam 2017
- 2 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 3 Old Question Papers
- 4 Address : Contact Details
TIFR GS Physics Exam 2017
- Candidates seeking for the admission into PHD in Physics and M.Sc PHD in Physics courses have to appear in TIFR GS Physics Exam 2017. It is conducted by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research at the Mumbai campus and various National Centres of TIFR.
TIFR GS Physics Admission 2017:
- The admissions procedure for Physics courses, consists of a written test (TIFR GS Entrance) and followed by interviews of shortlisted candidates.
TIFR GS Physics Exam Date:
- The test conducted by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is generally held in Month of December. Last year it was held on December 14, 2014.
- Next Exam Date : Sunday, December 13, 2015 Morning Session: 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
TIFR GS Physics Eligibility
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For I-Ph.D.:
♦ M.E./M.Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B.Tech./B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
♦ Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
- In addition,
I-Ph.D. candidates with four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. program.
Syllabus & Exam Pattern
TIFR GS Physics Exam Pattern
- Duration : Three hours (3 hours). This test consists of three parts, Section A, Section B and Section C. You must answer questions according to the instructions below :
Candidates applying for
Should Not Attempt
|Integrated Ph.D.||Section A and Section B||Section C|
|Ph.D.||Section A and Section C||Section B|
- The test contains multiple choice-type questions. Only ONE of the options given at the end of each question is correct. Section A contains 25 questions, Section B and Section C contain 15 questions each.
Marking shall be as follows :
- (i) If the answer is correct : +3 marks
- (ii) If the answer is incorrect : -1 mark
- (III) If the answer is not attempted : 0 marks
- (iv) If more than one box is marked : 0 marks
Note that negative marking as indicated above will be applicable.
TIFR GS Physics Exam Syllabus
- In general, the syllabus for the Admissions Tests in Physics (Written and Interview)
is typically a course of studies in Physics as the main subject in the Undergraduate
and Masters levels in an Indian University. The questions in the written test (multiplechoice type) and
- The interviews are distributed over the following areas: Classical Mechanics; Mathematics relevant to Physics; Electricity and Magnetism; Quantum Mechanics; Heat, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics; General Physics; Modern Physics; Electronics and Experimental Physics.
Old Question Papers
TIFR GS Physics Previous Year Papers with answers
- Hi we have found last 5 previous year question paper with answer keys for TIFR GS Physics Exam 2017 admission written test question papers, you can download TIFR GS Physics Previous Year Question Papers with solution for free in PDF files, check below the link for Physics question papers for year of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. if any candidate/student have last 10 year solution please share with us.
TIFR GS Physics Model Question Papers with answers
- Hi we have found some Physics model question papers which has been provided by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for better exam preparation.
[tnc-pdf-viewer-iframe file=”https://www.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Paper_Physics.pdf” width=”700″ height=”500″ download=”true” print=”true” fullscreen=”true” share=”true” zoom=”true” open=”true” pagenav=”true” logo=”true” find=”true” language=”en-US” page=”” default_zoom=”auto”]
- TIFR GS 2017
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Old Question Papers
- TIFR GS Result 2017
- TIFR GS Admit Card 2017
- Address : Contact Details
Address : Contact Details
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
|Phone||022-22782629/22782241/22782875 Fax: 022-22804555|
|Working hours:||Monday – Friday 09:00 a.m. – 05:30 p.m. Closed Saturdays and Sundays|