Tripura GK & Current Affairs 2017 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Tripura Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Tripura state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c.
Tripura GK & Current Affairs 2017
- The following Tripura General Knowledge & Current Affairs 2017 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) question answers will be updated every month. This will helps all the candidates for preparing any Tripura govt. Jobs 2017 even Tripura state basis exam, where question comes from Tripura states only like TRBT-TET .
Tripura GK (General Knowledge).
21 Jan. 1972
Number of Districts
Name of Governor
Current Chief Minister
|Area||10, 491.69 sq.km.|
|Population||36,73,917 (as per Census 2011 )|
|Official Languages||Bengali, Kokborok and English|
|Other Languages||Mogh, Chakma, Halam, Garo, Bishnupriya Manipuri, Manipuri, Hindi, Oriya etc.|
|Temperature||Summer :20 to 36° C.|
Winter :7 to 27° C. Winter 2°. C Min
|Rainy Season||June to September|
|Average Rainfall||2500 mm per annum|
|Highest Rainfall||2855 mm (Kamalpur)|
|Lowest Rainfall||1811 mm (Sonamura)|
|Literacy Rate||87.8% (as recorded in 2011 Census). As per recent data, the literacy rate is around 96%.|
Tripura GK Question Answers
What is Hill Tippera?
- The area of modern ‘Tripura’ was ruled for several centuries by the Tripuri dynasty. It was the independent princely state of the Tripuri Kingdom under the protectorate of the British Empire which was known as Hill Tippera.
What’s the meaning of Tripura?
- The name Tripura is Sanskrit, meaning “three cities” (corresponding exactly to the Greek Tripolis)
Who ruled by princely state of Tripura?
- The former princely state of Tripura was ruled by Maharajas of Manikya dynasty.
When Tripura was accorded the status of a ‘C’ category state?
- On January 26, 1950 Tripura was accorded the status of a ‘C’ category state and on November 1, 1956 , it was recognized as a Union Territory.
- 1. Total number of Households has increased from 664334 in 2001 to 855556 in 2011 (increased by 28.8%) whereas total Population increased from 3199203 in 2001 to 3673917 in 2011 (increased by 14.8%).
- 2. Sex Ratio is 960 (in 2001 it was 948); in all India scenario it is 943.
- 3. Population in the group 0-6 increased from 436446 in 2001 to 458014 in 2011 (increased by 5%).i. Schedule Cast Population is 17.8% of total population. Sex ratio was 962 in 2001 which had increased to 959 in 2011.ii. Schedule Tribe Population is 31.8% of total Population. Sex ratio was 970 in 2001; now in 2011 it is 983 (for rural 982 and urban 1017).
- 4. Literacy rate, as per the 2011 Census was 87.22% (against 73.19% in 2001). By 08.09.2014, literacy rate of the state reached upto 96.82 percent. Male-Female Literacy gap reduced to 7 percent which was the highest reduction in the country during the 2001-2011 decade, thus fetching the State Decadal Literacy Award.
Current Affairs 2017 Question Answers
Who is sworn-in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh during the leave of absence of incumbent Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa?
- Tathagata Roy
Governor of Tripura Tathagata Roy was took charge as the acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh. He has been given the additional charge of Governor of Arunachal Pradesh during the leave of absence of incumbent Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Ajit Singh had overseen the oath of office to Tathagata Roy as per the provisions of Article 159 of Constitution of India
Do not forget to check the following topics
Be the first to leave a review.