UGC NET 2017 Exam Online wwwbsenet.nic.in conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) On behalf of UGC, For the month of June / December 2017 For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only OR Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both.
- 1 Scope of UGC NET Exam
- 2 UGC NET 2017 Exam
- 3 UGC NET 2017 Exam Eligibility
- 4 UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
- 5 UGC NET 2017 Syllabus
- 6 Old Question Papers
- 7 UGC NET 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- 8 UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
- 9 UGC NET Result 2017
- 10 UGC NET 2017 List of Subjects
- 11 UGC NET Exam Cut off 2013
Scope of UGC NET Exam
ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP
- Clearing of NET confers eligibility for lectureship upon Indian nationals, i.e. the NET qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer in all Indian universities/Institutes/colleges.
It was resolved in the UGC’s Commission Meeting held on 1.11.2001 that commencing from the SET examinations scheduled in or after June, 2002, the SET qualified candidates shall be eligible for appointment to the post of lecturer only in the universities/colleges belonging to the state from where they have passed the SET examination. The status of SET shall remain unchanged for SET examinations conducted prior to 1st June, 2002, that is, the candidates clearing SET were eligible for appointment to the post of lecturer anywhere in India.
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
- The candidates who qualify the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Examination of UGC/CSIR NET are also eligible for the post of lectureship. In addition they are also eligible to receive Fellowships (UGC/CSIR) under various schemes subject to the candidates finding their placement in the universities/IITs/other national organizations. The validity of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF award letter. The validity period of the offer has been raised from one year to two years for JRF Award Letters issued on or after 1st April, 2005. However, in case the candidates have already joined M.Phil. /Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship will be from the date of declaration of NET examination result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
UGC NET 2017 Exam
- On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test(NET) on June and December 2017 for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges.
- CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects (listed below) at 89 selected Cities of Examination spread across the country.
UGC NET Online 2017 Notification
- UGC conducts NET twice a year, i.e., in the months of June and December. The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively in the weekly journal of nation-wide circulation, viz, Employment News.
UGC NET 2017 Exam Date:
- University Grants Commission used to conducted NET exam twice in a year, from June 2017, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the NET (National Eligibility Test). Generally NET exam held in the month of June and December.
- Most recent NET exam date : 28th June
- Next NET exam date : December
UGC NET 2017 Online Application
- Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should read this notification carefully.
- For June month NET exam online application starts from April. This year UGC NET June 2017 online application was stated from 16th April 2017. For December month NET exam online application starts from October.
- The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (www.cbsenet.nic.in) and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page.
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below:-
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm (width) x 1.5 cm (height).
UGC NET 2017 Exam Eligibility
- For General category Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC.
- For ST/SC/OBC/PWD category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
Age Limit and Relaxation
(i)Junior Research Fellowship:
- Not more than 28 years as on 01.06.2017. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC/PWD category
(II) Assistant Professor:
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- There will be NO negative marking in UGC NET exam in any of the Paper. But previously there was negative marking in Paper I and II from (2002 to 2010). And Paper III was descriptive type instead of objective.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||01:15 Hours|
|II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||01:15 Hours|
|III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||02:30 Hours|
- Paper-I – (Common for ALL) shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty). In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
UGC NET 2017 Syllabus
- Unlike Paper I, Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
- For details UGC NET Subject wise syllabus check subjects list below
Old Question Papers
UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the UGC NET previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for phd / JRF Entrance exam 2017 preparation. This Year on 2017 UGC NET written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has UGC NET Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
UGC NET 2017 Practice Test:
- UGC NET Questions Answers for JRF / LS Entrance . This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of UGC NET question answers quiz.
UGC NET 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship examination Test 2017 For Joining into JRF or LS 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for UGC NET Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for UGC NET 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best UGC NET books in online you can check below.
UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
- It may be noted that the UGC NET 2017 Admit Card for June and December month exam will be uploaded on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in in the first week of June and December respectively, 2017.
- No admit cards will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their UGC NET 2017 Admit cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admission Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admission card
UGC NET Result 2017
- The result of June, UGC NET 2017 is declared generally in the month of October. Similarly December, UGC NET 2017 result is usually declared in the month of April. The UGC-NET results published in the Employment News are also available on UGC website.
- The result of the UGC NET 2017 to be held on June and December, 2017 will be made available on the websites: www.cbsenet.nic.in as and when it is declared. UGC NET exam result declared within the three month of the exam date.
- The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result. The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
- The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
How UGC NET 2017 Result will be made?
This will comprise of following steps:
Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NET for considering a candidate for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor:
- The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper –III as given below:
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – III|
|GENERAL||40 (40%)||40(40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer) PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepare subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
Step IV: A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from amongst the NET qualified candidates figuring in the merit list prepared under step III.
UGC NET 2017 List of Subjects
|Subject Code||Subject Name|
|00||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)|
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies|
|16||Hindustani Music (Vocal/Instrumental)|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy / Non Formal Education|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management|
|59||Library and Information Science|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism|
|66||Museology & Conservation|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature|
|73||Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (including Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotisha/Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/Mimamsa/Navya Nyaya/Sankhya Yoga/Tulanatmaka Darsana/ Shukla Yojurveda/ Madhv Vedanta/ Dharma Sastra/ Sahitya/ Purana-itihasa/Agama/Advaita Vedanta)|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture/Graphics/Applies Art/History of Art)|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health|
|87||Computer Science and Applications|
|90||International and Area Studies|
|92||Human Rights and Duties|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management|
|96||Karnatik Music (Vocal Instrument, Percussion)|
UGC NET Exam Cut off 2013
Be the first to leave a review.