CBSE NET Paper 1 Exam (General Paper ) – Syllabus, Previous Year Papers, Answer Keys: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) behalf of UGC conducted UGC NET Paper 1 on General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude exam. For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only OR Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both.
CBSE NET Paper 1 Exam 2017
- Paper-I – (Common for ALL) shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty).
- In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
Subjects: General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the test is aimed at assessing the teaching and general/research aptitude as well as their awareness. They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning. The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of interaction between people, environment and natural resources and their impact on quality of life. The details are given in the following sections:
- i) Each section gets equal weight age : five questions and 10 marks from each section.
- ii) Whenever pictorial questions are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by equal number of questions should be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
- ⇒Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- ⇒Learner’s characteristics;
- ⇒Factors affecting teaching;
- ⇒Methods ofteaching;
- ⇒Teaching aids;
- ⇒Evaluation systems.
- ⇒Research: Meaning, characteristics and types;
- ⇒Steps of research;
- ⇒Methods of research;
- ⇒Research Ethics;
- ⇒Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium;
- ⇒Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
- ⇒A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
- ⇒ Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
E. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- ⇒Understanding the structure of arguments;
- ⇒Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- ⇒Verbal analogies: Word analogy- Applied analogy;
- ⇒Verbal classification;
- ⇒Reasoning Logical Diagrams : Simple diagrammatic relationship, multidiagrammatic relationship;
- ⇒ Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;.
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
- ⇒ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses;
- ⇒General abbreviations and terminology;
- ⇒Basics of internet and e-mailing.
I. People and Environment
- ⇒People and environment interaction;
- ⇒ Sources of pollution;
- ⇒ Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- ⇒Natural hazards and mitigation
J. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India; formal and distance education; professional/technical and general education; value education: governance, polity and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
Old Question Papers
UGC NET General Paper I Previous Year Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the UGC NET Paper I General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for phd / JRF Entrance exam 2017 preparation. This Year on 2015 UGC NET Paper 1 written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has UGC NET Paper 1 Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
UGC NET Paper I 2015 Practice Test:
- UGC NET Paper 1 Questions Answers for JRF / LS Entrance . This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude question answers quiz.
UGC NET Paper 1 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude Junior Research Fellowship examination Test 2017 For Joining into JRF or LS 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for UGC NET Part 1 Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for UGC NET Paper I 2015 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best UGC NET Paper 1 books in online you can check below.
UGC NET Paper 1 Answer Keys
- After the declaration of result of UGC-NET 2015 Examinations held in June, 2015 and December, 2014, some candidates missing their JRF and eligibility for Lectureship with a narrow margin had expressed their grievances with regard to a few answer key(s) in their subject and requested the UGC to re-examine these answer keys.
- JbigDeaL will provide you direct link and steps to get the UGC NET Paper I Answer Keys 2015. You can download the UGC NET Paper I Answer Keys 2017 PDF file on the main web portal of the CBSE NET.
- All are aware that from UGC-NET Exam Held twice every year, the UGC has started uploading the Paper I answer keys of all SET (W, X, Y, Z) on its website in order to bring transparency in the system. Thereafter, the online feedback is invited from the candidates regarding the questions and the paper 1 keys.
Download UGC NET Paper 1 Answer Keys
UGC NET Paper 1 Sample Paper
- In UGC NET exam Paper 1 i.e General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude exam question papers having different types of question unlike subject paper, the question comes from different domains and this paper is common is for students.
UGC NET Teaching Aptitude Model Question Paper
1. Which one of the following is the main objective of teaching?
- (A)To give information related to the syllabus.
(B) To develop thinking power of students.
(C) To dictate notes to students.
(D)To prepare students to pass the examination.
2. Which one of the following is a good method of teaching?
- (A) Lecture and Dictation
- (B) Seminar and Project
- (C) Seminar and Dictation
- (D) Dictation and Assignment.
3. Teacher uses teaching aids for
- (A) Making teaching interesting
- (B) Making teaching within understanding level of students.
- (C) Making students attentive.
- (D) The sake of its use.
4. Effectiveness of teaching depends on
- (A) Qualification of teacher.
- (B) Personality of teacher.
- (C) Handwriting of teacher.
- (D) Subject understanding of teacher
5. Which of the following is not characteristic of a good question paper?
- (A) Objectivity
- (B) Subjectivity
- (C) No use of vague words
- (D) Reliable.
UGC NET Research Aptitude Model Question Paper
1. A researcher is generally expected to:
- (A) Study the existing literature in a field
- (B) Generate new principles and theories
- (C) Synthesize the ideas given by others
- (D) Evaluate the findings ofa study.
2. One of the essential characteristics of research is:
- (A) Replicability
- (B) Generalizability
- (C) Usability
3. The Government of India conducts Census after every 10 years. The method of research used in this process is :
- (A) Case study
- (B) Developmental
- (C) Survey
- (D) Experimental
4. An academic association assembled at one place to discuss the progress of its work and future plans. Such an assembly is known as a..
- (A) Conference
- (B) Seminar
- (C) Workshop
- (D) Symposium
5. An investigator studied the census data for a given area and prepared a write up based on them Such a write-up is called:
- (A) Research paper
- (B) Article
- (C) Thesis
- (D) Research report
UGC NET Reading Comprehension Model Question Paper
Read the following passage and answer the question Nos. 1 to 5
The Constitution guarantees every citizen the fundamental right to equality. Yet after 50 years of independence, just one perusal of the female infant mortality figures, the literacy rates and the employment opportunities for women is sufficient evidence that discrimination exists. Almost predictably, this gender, bias is evident in our political system as well. In the 13th Lok Sabha, there were only 43 women :MPs out of a total of 543; it is not a surprising figure, for never has women’s representation in Parliament been more than 10 per cent.
Historically, the manifestos of major political parties have always encouraged women’s participation. It has been merely a charade. So, women’s organizations, denied a place on merit, opted for the last resort: a reservation of seats for women in parliament and State Assemblies. Parties, which look at everything with a vote bank in mind, seemed to endorse this. Alas, this too was a mirage.
But there is another aspect also. At a time when caste is the trump card, some politicians want the bill to include further quotas for women from among minorities and backward castes. There is more to it. A survey shows that there is a general antipathy towards the bill. It is actually a classic case of doublespeak : in public, politicians were endorsing women’s reservation but in the backrooms of Parliament, they were busy sabotaging it. The reasons are clear: Menjust don’t want to vacate their seats of power.
1. The problem raised in the passage reflects badly on our
- A) Political system
- B) Social behaviour
- C) Individual behaviour
- D) Behaviour of a group of people
2. According to the passage, political parties have mostly in mind
- A) Economic prosperity
- B) Vote bank
- C) People’ welfare
- D) Patriotism
3. “Trump Card” means
- A) Trying to move a dead horse
- B) Playing the card cautiously
- C) Sabotaging all the moves by others
- D) Making the final jolt for success
4. The sentence “Menjust don’t want to vacate their seats of power” implies
- A) Lust for power
- B) Desire to serve the nation
- C) Conviction in one’s own political abilities
- D) Political corruption
5. What is the percentage of women in the Lok Sabha
- A) 10
- B) 91
- C) 43
- D) 1
UGC NET Communication Model Question Paper
1. Informal communication network within the organization is known as
- (A) Interpersonal communication
- (B) Intrapersonal Communication
- (C) Mass Communication
- (D) Grapevine Communication
2. TV Channel launched for covenng only Engineering and Technology subjects is known as
- (A) Gyan Darshan
- (B) Vyas
- (C) Eklavya
- (D) Kisan
3. In which state the maximum number of periodicals are brought out for public information:
- (A) Uttar Pradesh
- (B) Tamil Nadu
- (C) Kerala
- (D) Punjab
4. The main objective of public broadcasting system i.e. Prasar Bharti is
- (A) Inform, Entertainment & Education
- (B) Entertain, Information & Interaction
- (C) Educate, Interact & entertain
- (D) Entertainment only
5. The competency of an effective communicator can be judged on the basis of:
- (A) Personality of communicator
- (B) Experience in the field
- (C) Interactivity with target audience
- (D) Meeting the needs of target audience.
UGC NET Reasoning Model Question Paper
1. Which one of the following belongs to the category of homogeneous data:
- (A) Multi-storeyed houses in a colony.
- (B) Trees in a garden
- (C) Vehicular traffic on a highway
- (D) Student population in a class.
2. In which of the following ways a theory is not different from a belief?
- (A) Antecedent – consequent
- (B) Acceptability
- (C) Venerability
- (D) Demonstrability
3. The state – “Honesty is the best policy” is
- (A) A fact
- (B) An value
- (C) An opinion
- (D) A value judgement
4. Which one is like pillar, pole and standard?
- (A) Beam
- (B) Plank
- (C) Shaft
- (D) Timber
5. Following incomplete series is presented. Find out the number which should come at the place of question mark which will complete the series: 4, 16, 36, 64 ?
- (A) 300
- (B) 200
- (C) 100
- (D) 150
Information and Communication Technology Sample Question
1. ICT stands for
- (A) Information common technology
- (B) Information and communication technology
- (C) Information and computer technology
- (D) Inter connected technology
2. A Computer can
- (A) Process both quantitative and qualitative information.
- (B) Store huge information
- (C) Process information and fast accurately
- (D) All the above.
3. Satellite Communication works through
- (A) Radar
- (B) Transponder
- (C) Receptor
- (D) Transmitter
4. A computer is that machine which works more like a human brain. This definition of computer is
- (A) Correct
- (B) Incorrect
- (C) Partially correct
- (D) None of the above.
5. Information and communication technology includes
- (A) E-mail
- (B) Internet
- (C) Educational television
- (D) All the above.
UGC NET Paper I People and Environment Sample Question
1. It is believed that our globe is warming progressively. This global warming will eventually result in.
- (A) increase in availability of usable land.
- (B) uniformity of climate at equator and poles.
- (C) Fall in the sea level
- (D) melting of polar ice.
2. In which parts of India ground water is affected with arsenic contamination?
- (B) Andhra Pradesh
- (D) West Bengal
3. Sunderban in Hooghly delta is known for
- (A) Grasslands
- (B) Conifers
- (C) Mangroves
- (D)Arid forests
4. Sardar Sarover dam is located on the river
- (A) Ganga
- (B) Godavari
- (C) Mahanadi
- (D) Narmada
5. Which one of the following trees has medicinal value?
- (A) Pine
- (B) Teak
- (C) Neem
- (D) Oak
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity And Administration Sample Question
1. Which one of the following is not considered a part of technical education in India:
- (A) Medical
- (B) Management
- (C) Pharmaceutical
- (D) Aeronautical
2. Which of the following is a Central university
- (A) Mumbai University
- (B) Calcutta University
- (C) Delhi University
- (D) Madras University
3. Identify the main Principle on which the Parliamentary System operates.
- (A) Responsibility of Executive to Legislature
- (B) Supremacy of Parliament
- (C) Supremacy of Judiciary
- (D) Theory of Separation of Power
4. The reservation of seats for women in the Panchayat Raj Institutions is:
- A) 30% of the total seats
- B) 33% of the total seats
- C) 33% of the total population
- D) In proportion to their
- UGC NET 2015 Exam
- 1 Scope of UGC NET Exam
- 2 UGC NET 2015 Exam
- 3 UGC NET 2015 Exam Eligibility
- 4 UGC NET 2015 Exam Pattern
- 5 UGC NET 2015 Syllabus
- 6 Old Question Papers
- 7 UGC NET 2015 Books / Study Materials:
- 8 UGC NET 2015 Admit Card
- 9 UGC NET Result 2015
- 10 UGC NET 2015 List of Subjects
- 11 UGC NET Exam Cut off 2013
Last Updated on by