Xavier Aptitude Test 2018 (XAT 2018) is one of the most popular National level Admission/Entrance test among the MBA aspirants all over India. The test is conducted to select the most appropriate students for XLRI management education.
- 1 XAT 2018
- 2 XAT 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- 3 Old Question Papers
- 4 XAT 2018 Books / Study Materials:
- 5 XAT Essay Topics
- 6 XAT Admit Card 2018
- 7 XAT Result 2018
- 8 XAT MBA 2018 Answer Keys
- 9 XAT 2018 Dates
- 10 XAT Contact Details
- XAT 2018 is one of the prestigious and very famous National level entrance exam for the students who are willing to join in MBA in XLRI Jamsedpur or management institutes all over the India.This exam is conducted by the Xavier Labour Research Institute in Jamshedpur which is otherwise called XLRI.
- The students should write this exam in order to get admission in a reputed college. If a students gets good score in this exam then they can select a good business college all over India. As XAT 2018 exam is very famous and the students can get their admisssion in good colleges such as XIMB (Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar), LIBA (Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai), BIM (Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Trichy) etc.
XAT 2018 Exam Date
- XAT 2018 is conducted by XLRI School of Business and Human Resource Jamsedpur, Jharkhand. Geerally XAT conducted in the month of January. Last year it was held on 4th January.
XAT 2018 Online Application
- The submission of On-Line application form through website can be made from August. Candidates can apply for XAT 2018 only “Online”. The Information Brochure will be available ON LINE on the websites.
- Visit www.xatonline.net.in and click “XAT 2018 Registration” . Fill preliminary information and submit it.
- After submission of these details applicant receives XAT ID by email. Create own password.
- Login to XAT account and fill educational and other details and choose the test city.
- The fee for XAT 2018 is Rs. 1000/– (Rupees One Thousand only) for all applicants.
- Applicant is required to upload his/her scanned digital photograph and signature (refer section A (II} for the process of uploading the photograph and signature}.
- Print confirmation page for your reference. In future for all correspondence with XAT office quote your XAT ID
XAT 2018 Eligibility
For two year Management Programmes
- Candidate who have completed Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university are eligible to apply. Those completing their final examination may also apply.
One year General Management Programme
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university in India/abroad. He/she should be employed in a full-time job and must have at least five years of relevant managerial experience as on March after completion of graduation.
Four year Fellow Programme in Management
- Candidate should have master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) with the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) obtained after a minimum of 10+2+3 years of education or a professional qualification like CA/ICWA/CS with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) or B.E./B.Tech degree or equivalent with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) and two years of relevant work experience
XAT 2018 Courses
- Business Management (BM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- General Management Programme (GMP)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
XAT 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- XAT 2018 usually comprises 3 sections – duration for XAT 2018 is 120 minutes.
- One section is Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability questions. Another section is Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Data Interpretation questions and the Third section is General Awareness Questions.
- Students are expected to write an essay of about 250-300 words in 20 minutes.
- There is negative marking in XAT 2018. Marks for correct answer: +1, Marks for wrong answer: -1/3.
XAT 2018 Syllabus
Candidates should have sound knowledge of following topics.
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
- Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come). Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Science, History, Geography, International organisations
Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Old Question Papers
XAT Previous Year Question Papers Answers:
- Here you can find all of the XAT previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for MBA Entrance Exam preparation. This Year on 2015 XAT test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has XAT Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
XAT Sample Question Papers 2018
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for XAT Test Exam 2018. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This XAT sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in XAT Entrance related exams.
XAT Online Practice Test:
- XAT MCQ Questions Answers for MBA Entrance Test. This mock test having full question SET each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of XAT question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
XAT 2018 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for Xavier Aptitude Test 2018 (XAT 2018) For Admission to Masters in Business Administration and Diploma courses 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for XAT Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for XAT 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best XAT books in online you can check below.
XAT Essay Topics
- 1999 “Television really is, another eye so you can see anywhere, another part of your heart so you can feel and care about things you never felt and cared about before, another ear to hear strange music…. The first and only
- 2000 Ships are safer in the harbour. But they are not meant for the same.
- 2001 “Economic Growth without distributive justice can only lead to violence
- 2002 “Indian Economy in the Post WTO Era.”
- 2003 To give real service, one needs to add something that cannot be bought or measured, like sincerity and integrity.
- 2004 Asked at the age of 83, as to which of his project would he choose as his master piece, Frank Lloyd wright, the architect answered, “The next one”
- 2005 More than one billion Indians: A gigantic problem or a sea of opportunities.
XAT Admit Card 2018
- The XLRI will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of XAT 2018, along with a certificate which would be dully signed and attested from either Principal of last attended School/Executive Magistrate.
- Candidates are required to download XAT admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidate may please note that XAT 2018 admit cards will not be sent by the post.
- The XAT 2018 admit cards will be available on XLRI website from before 15 days of exam. Candidate must not mutilate the Admit Card or change any entry made therein.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their XAT Admit Cards in good condition till admission in all the Institutes under XLRI
XAT Result 2018
- After, all the Question Booklets and OMR Response Sheets are received by the XLRI the evaluation shall be done using OMR machine.
- After evaluation, result shall be declared Rank-wise, Roll No. wise and category wise.
- The Ranking shall NOT be solely based on the result of XAT-2018 and shall not be valid for admission.
- This Ranking will be drawn to give an approximate idea to the candidate with regard to his/her relative position only based on XAT-2018.
- The XAT result 2018 will be available on University website XLRI.
- XAT Rank Card 2018: Candidates can download the rank card from the XLRI website www.xatonline.net.in.
XAT MBA 2018 Answer Keys
- Candidates those who appeared for the XAT 2018 can check the answers on the main web portal of the XLRI. JbigDeaL will provide you direct link and steps to get the XAT Answer Keys 2018. You can download the XAT MBA 2018 PDF file on the main web portal of the XLRI .
- How to Download XAT Answer Keys 2018 :
- Candidates firstly have to visit the XLRI for download XAT MBA Answer Keys.
- Then after reaching the web portal click on the XAT 2018.
- Then click on the XAT Answer Keys 2018.
- Now select your subjects “XAT Answer Keys” ” General Knowledge” which you want to get the solutions of XAT 2018. All Booklet SET of the XAT 2018 will be open in the PDF format.
- Download and Save the XAT Answer keys solutions 2018 in your system.
XAT 2018 Dates
- Online XAT Registration : August 12 – December 08, 2014
- Online XLRI Programme Registration : September 02 – December 21, 2014
- XAT Confirmation page to be received by XAT Office: Last date November 27, 2014
(Only those who are paying through demand draft,
candidate paying through online and cash need not send the confirmation page)
- XLRI confirmation page to be received by Admissions Office : December 26, 2014
(All candidates applying to XLRI programmes should send the confirmation page to XLRI Admissions office)
- XAT 2015 Admit card : Could be downloaded during December 18 – 31, 2014
- XAT 2015 to be held on : Sunday, January 04, 2015
- Mailing of XAT Score card : January 31, 2015
Should it be deemed necessary in the interest of the Institute and/or of the profession, the Institute reserves the right to make any modifications in the items contained in this bulletin as and when required without prior notice. • All matters of dispute in this regard will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Jamshedpur only.
XAT Contact Details
|Address||XLRI Jamshedpur Circuit House Area (East)|
Jamshedpur – 831 035 Jharkhand, India.
|Test Period||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2018) is generally held in Month of January|