AFCAT Exam 2018 – Advertisement Notification www.careerairforce.nic.in – Air Force Common Admission Test 2018 Notification and Exam date : conducted by the Indian Air Force for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF. AFCAT 2018 www.careerairforce.nic.in Air Force Common Admission Test 2018 Notification and Exam date : conducted by the Indian Air Force for selection of office
- AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This test is conducted by the Indian Air Force for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF (except medicaland dental) viz.
- Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), for men & women
- Technical Branch (Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission) for men & women and
- Ground Duty Branch (Permanent Commission and Short Service Commission) for men & women.
AFCAT 2018 Notification & Exam Date
- AFCAT is conducted twice a year (in the month of February and August). The advertisement for the same is published in the months of December and June respectively.
AFCAT Selection Process
STEP 1 – RESPOND TO ADVERTISEMENT FOLLOWED BY WRITTEN TEST
For NDA and CDSE
- The advertisement for NDA is released twice a year in the months of May and December and for CDSE in the months of June and October by UPSC.
- Duly filled applications are to be sent to UPSC as given in advt.
- The written tests are conducted by UPSC only. For details visit www.upsc.gov.in
- AFCAT – Air Force Common Admission Test.
- For all entries other than NDA and CDSE and for all branches, candidates have to undergo the AFCAT.
- The test is conducted twice a year in February and September
- Advertisements inviting applications for AFCAT are out in June and December. Candidates are to apply as per the advertisement.
- The test is conducted all across India by the Indian Air Force
- 3. NCC entry
- Air Sqn NCC Senior division ‘C’ certificate holders are to apply through DG NCC/ respective NCC Air Squadron
- They would then appear for AFCAT
STEP 2 – SSB (Services Selection Board) TESTING
If you have successfully cleared Step 1, you will receive a Call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar and Mysore. At the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB), you undergo following tests in order to ascertain your suitability and gauge your potential as an Officer in the Indian Air Force.
- Stage I Testing
- Officer Intelligence rating Test
- Picture perception and Discussion Test
Stage I is a screening test. Those who qualify Stage-I are eligible to undergo Stage II testing. Stage I disqualified candidates are routed back after announcement of results
- Stage II Testing
All Stage I qualified candidates undergo following tests as part of Stage II testing during next three to four days
- Psychological Tests are written tests that are conducted by a Psychologist.
- Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
- Interview involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer.
These tests will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board.
The following is the schedule for OLQ Tests:
|Day 1||Phase I testing – Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test|
|Day 2||Group tests||Group tests||Group tests|
|Day 3||Group tests||Group tests||Group tests|
* Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is a unique test. It is aimed at assessing a candidate’s aptitude to be trained as a pilot. PABT is being used as an independent selection device to induct potential officers into Flying Branch of Indian Air Force. PABT comprises three tests viz Instrument Battery Test (INSB), Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT). Instrument Battery Test (INSB) is a paper pencil test and other two are machine tests. The Instruments Battery Test (INSB) comprises two parts. This test assesses assimilation of the briefing and the ability of an individual to read and interpret the dials of an instrument panel of an aircraft. The candidates who score the minimum laid down criteria are subjected to the machine test. The machine test includes Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT). These tests measure the psychomotor co-ordination skill of the individual. These tests are conducted on a single day and administered only once in life time.
At the Conference held on the last day, all the Assessors i.e. the Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer, discuss your personality and decide on whether to recommend you or not. Those recommended by the AFSBs will be required to fill up certain documents at the Boards and subsequently move to the next step.
STEP 3 – CONDUCT OF MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS
- If you are recommended by the Selection Board, you will be sent for the medical examination either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
STEP 4 – PREPARING ALL INDIA MERIT LIST
- An All India Merit List is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit. Based on the vacancies available in various branches / sub branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form
- How can I get the AFCAT Application Form– All applicants whose applications have been submitted by due date will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to be conducted on August 2018 (Sunday) at one of the examination centres.
- Important Dates- ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN ON DECEMBER AND WILL BE CLOSED ON July 2018.
- Candidates are also advised to fill up the online form properly. Clear instructions have been given on the website regarding filling up of the form. Please check all columns properly before submitting the form. Check and re-check the spelling of your name, father’s name, date of birth, postal address, email address etc.
- There is no fee / registration charges of any kind for applying / appearing in
the AFCAT. Please note that no money is charged or taken at any stage during the
entire selection process
AFCAT Eligibility | Qualification 2018
A candidates can appear to AFCAT 2018 Exam, he/she should have the following minimum educational qualification…
- (a) Age: 19 to 23 years as on 01 January 2018.
- (b) Educational Qualifications: Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together. .. for more details please refer to AFCAT Website.
- Women candidates may also apply for AFCAT.
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018
The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.. it consists of 100 questions. It is an objective test and the scheme of syllabus contains the following subjects.
All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking.
- (a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- (b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- (c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- (d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Old Question Papers
AFCAT Previous Year Question Paper with answer keys
- Here you can find all of the AFCAT Previous Year Question Papers are Free of Cost Students can download these papers for AFCAT Examination 2018 Preparation. Last Year AFCAT Exam written test conducted on January Candidates can get AFCAT Last 10 to 20 Years solution written tests on AFCAT exam question papers with answers keys solution in free pdf format.
Download Paper I
Download Paper II
AFCAT Question Paper 2011
AFCAT Question Paper 2012
AFCAT Question Paper 2013
AFCAT Question Paper 2015
AFCAT Question Paper Feb 2015
AFCAT Question Paper 2016
|coming soon||coming soon|
AFCAT 2018 Sample Question Papers
- JbigDeaL provides latest AFCAT Model Question Papers 2018 with answers and solution for AFCAT candidates so that students can make better preparation.
Sample Paper Answers
Guess Question Paper
Model Question Paper with Solution
Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades and Group ‘Y
AFCAT Exam Books/ Study materials
- There are so many books on Air Force Common Admission Test 2018 exam. The most important parts is which book will be best for you, we have tired to find some best books on AFCAT written test exam now its up you which books you prefer. All the AFCAT Exam books can also help you in any Sarkari Naukri Exam. Check below here is some latest books and study materials on AFCAT exam 2018.
|AFCAT Exam Books||AFCAT Study Materials|
|View Details||View Details|
AFCAT Exam Online Practice Test:
- AFCAT Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
AFCAT 2018 Hall Ticket | Admit Card Download
- All AFCAT Candidates can download AFCAT 2018 Hall Ticket | Admit Card from AFCAT Official Website before 25 days of the exam date.
- Candidates who have not made final submission to their online application will
not be able to generate their admit card.
- Once Admit card & Identity card is generated by AFCAT Cell, please log on to
our website www.careerairforce.nic.in. Go to the link CANDIDATE LOGIN and enter
your “user id” and “password”. Click on the option GENERATE ADMIT CARD.
- The photograph to be pasted on the Admit Card is to be Self-Attested. Do not
sign on the face of the photograph.
AFCAT Result 2018 | Score Card
- After completion of the AFCAT examination, the authority of AFCAT will announce the AFCAT Result 2018 on official website, . The entrance test will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability.
- The result when declared will be uploaded on the official website of Indian
Airforce “www.careerairforce.nic.in” Candidate to visit the website regularly. To check
your scores go to the website and click on icon “candidate login”. Use your registered e
mail address as your username and use password provided by AFCAT cell.
- There is no standard cut-off. It varies depending on various factors like the number of vacancies etc.
NDA (after Class XII, for males only). Entry through CDSE (after graduation, for males
only in IAF) is also conducted by UPSC. The UPSC exam for NDA / CDSE is primarily
for Flying Branch (Permanent Commission). For further details you may refer to the
AFCAT Address Website:
|Telephone Number||011- 23010231 extn 7645 and 7646|
|e-mail IDemail@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
- 1. For queries regarding clarifications on eligibility and advertisement, contact- ‘DISHA’.
- 2. For queries regarding AFCAT application, admit card and AFCAT centre, contact – AFCAT Cell
- 3. For any queries regarding SSB interview, including change of date (permitted only on extreme grounds) contact Air Force Selection Board for which detailed.
- 4. For clarification on submission of documents after recommendation/medical, merit list and joining instructions, contact- 011 – 23010231 Extn 7973
- Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan)
- Motilal Nehru Marg
- New Delhi – 110106
- Tele: 011 – 23013690
- 011- 23010231 Extn 7080
- Fax – 011 – 23017918
- E- Mail : email@example.com
- Tele Timings: 9 am – 1 pm & 2 pm – 5:30 pm (Lunch Break 1 pm – 2 pm)