Current Affairs Quiz : August 17 2016 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on August 17 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Seventeen August 2016 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : August 17 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz August 17 2016
Current Affairs Quiz : August 17 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : August 17 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which Malayalam script writer was passed away?
A. TA Rasaq
D. V. Balakrishnan
Ans:- A – TA Rasaq – Explanation – Prominent Malayalam script writer TA Rasaq passed away on 15 August 2016 in Kochi following a brief illness. He was 58. He had worked for more than thirty films in Malayalam beginning from 1991.
2. Recently prominent Punjabi writer Gurdial Singh passed away, in that time he was the age of ___________ years old?
Ans:- B – 83 – Explanation – Prominent Punjabi writer and Jnanpith awardee Gurdial Singh passed away on 16 August 2016 in Bathinda, Punjab. He was 83. Singh was known as a Spartan who has taken it all in his stride in the literary world.
3. Recently which language became the official language of the Odisha Government from 16-08-2016?
Ans:- C – Odia – Explanation – On a final breath, Odia will be used as the official language in all transactions of the Odisha government from August 16, 2016. According to the amendment of the Orissa Official Language Act 1954, all government letters, files will be carried in Odia language.
4. Recently which state government re launched girl child development scheme as Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri?
B. Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- D – Maharashtra – Explanation – Maharashtra government re launched its “Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri” scheme in order to achieve its objective of improving the skewed girl child ratio in the state. This scheme is broadly divided into two parts. The couple has gone for family planning operation after the birth of the first girl child and the couples have opted for the family planning operation after the birth of the second girl child.
5. Recently Tata Power Solar commissioned 100 Mw project in which state of India?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- A – Andhra Pradesh – Explanation – The 100 MW project was commissioned using domestically manufactured cells and modules, thus fitting in with the government’s ‘Make in India’ mission, and makes a huge addition to Tata PowerSolar’s PV portfolio in India.
6. Recently Larsen & Toubro gets Maharashtra Government contract to convert which city into smart city?
Ans:- D – Nagpur – Explanation – Larsen & Toubro to be the implementation partner to make Nagpur as smart city. It is the country’s first large-scale integrated smart city. L&T’s business unit ‘Smart World and Communication‘ will execute the project that entails laying of 1200 km of optical fiber network.
7. Recently the first speaker of Delhi Assembly Charti Lal Goel passed away, in that time he was the age of ___________ years old?
Ans:- B – 89 – Explanation – Former speaker of the Delhi Assembly Charti Lal Goel passed away. He was 89. He was the father of Delhi Sports Minister Vijay Goel. He was the first speaker of Delhi assembly. He was a founder member of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh in 1951.
8. Recently the India Nuclear Insurance Pool (INIP) unveiled India’s ____________ Nuclear Suppliers’ Insurance Policy?
Ans:- C – 1st – Explanation – The India Nuclear Insurance Pool (INIP) on 12 August 2016 unveiled India’s first Nuclear Suppliers’ Insurance Policy. New India Assurance Company Limited and INIP will issue the policy and administer the claims on behalf of the pool.
9. Recently who broke world record to win gold in Hammer throw at Rio Olympic?
A. Anita Wlodarczyk
B. Tatyana Lysenko
C. Aksana Miankova
D. Zheng Wang
Ans:- A – Anita Wlodarczyk – Explanation – Poland’s Anita Wlodarczyk on 15 August 2016 broke her own women’s hammer world record to win the gold medal at the Rio Olympics. Wlodarczyk’s winning mark was 82.29m.
10. Recently which tennis player won the gold medal in men’s singles tennis category in Rio Olympics?
A. Harold Bache
B. Andy Murray
C. Frank Hadow
D. Geoffrey Paish
Ans:- B – Andy Murray – Explanation – Andy Murray of Great Britain on 14 August 2016 won the gold medal in men’s singles tennis category in Rio 2016 Olympic Games. To win the title, he defeated Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro 7-5 4-6 6-2 7-5 in the final match held at the Olympic Tennis Centre in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
11. Recently who won the gold in the men’s omnium cycling track at the Rio Olympics?
A. Mark Cavendish
B. Lasse Norman Hansen
C. Elia Viviani
D. Mark Viviani
Ans:- C – Elia Viviani – Explanation – Italy’s Elia Viviani on 15 August 2016 won gold in the men’s omnium cycling track at the Rio Olympics. On the other hand, Great Britain’s Mark Cavendish won the silver and Lasse Norman Hansen of Denmark took the bronze.
12. Recently who won the gold in women’s 3000 metres steeplechase at Rio Olympic?
A. Hyvin Kiyeng Jepkemoi
B. Emma Coburn
C. Emma Jepkemoi
D. Ruth Jebet
Ans:- D – Ruth Jebet – Explanation – Bahrain’s Ruth Jebet on 15 August 2016 clinched gold in women’s 3000 metres steeplechase. It is Bahrain’s first ever Olympic gold medal. Jebet won the race in the second-quickest time in history. She clocked a time of eight minutes 59.75 seconds, narrowly outside of Russian Gulnara Samitova-Galkina’s world record of 08:58.16.
13. Recently which state has became the 2nd state to ratified Constitutional amendment bill on GST?
D. Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- A – Bihar – Explanation – The Bihar State Legislatature has unanimously ratified the Constitution (122 Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 for introduction of Goods and services Tax (GST) regime in the country. The Bill was moved by the State Commercial Taxes Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav which was unanimously adopted by both of the houses.
14. Recently former FIFA President Joao Havelange was passed away, in that time he was the age of ___________ years old?
Ans:- B – 100 – Explanation – Joao Havelange, former president of Federation International the Football Association (FIFA), the global governing body of football passed away in Rio de Hanerio, Brazil. He was 100.
15. Recently A R Rahman honored with ____________ award?
A. Bharat Ratna
B. Banga Ratna
C. Tamil Ratna
D. Maharashtra Ratna
Ans:- C – Tamil Ratna – Explanation – Noted music composer A.R. Rahman on 15 August 2016 was honored by the Tamil Ratna Award. The award was presented by New York based Tamil Sangam. Rahman was bestowed with the honor after his concert at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) chamber.
16. Recently Union Government allowed online authentication using ____________ for new mobile connection?
A. Voter Identity Card
B. PAN Card
C. Ration Card
D. Aadhaar Card
Ans:- D – Aadhaar Card – Explanation – The Union Government has allowed online authentication using Aadhaar for new mobile connections. In this regard department of Telecom (DoT) has issued guidelines for Aadhar Electronic-Know Your Customer (e-KYC).
17. Recently which country has ranked world’s top exporter of information, communication, and technology?
Ans:- C – India – Explanation – India has been ranked the world’s top exporter of information and communication technology in a UN agency report that recommended that the country leverage this lead to innovate in emerging areas where biology and materials sciences intersect with computing.
18. Recently first SAARC Youth Parliamentarians conference began in which country?
A. Islamabad, Pakistan
B. New Delhi, India
C. Dhaka, Bangladesh
D. Kathmandu, Nepal
Ans: – A – Islamabad, Pakistan – Explanation – The first South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) youth Parliamentarians Conference on ‘Peace and Harmony for Development’ was held in Islamabad, Pakistan. The rwo-day (From August 16 to 18, 2016) intends to offer young Parliamentarian’s narrative as a prelude to the 19th SAARC summit to be hosted by Pakistan in November 2016.
19. Recently which scientist awarded with A P J Abdul Kalam award?
A. Nitya Anand
B. P Shanmugam
C. Pranav Mistry
D. Ranajit Chakraborty
Ans:- B – P Shanmugam – Explanation – Central Leather Research Institute’s (CLRI) Principal Scientist P Shanmugam on 15 August 2016 bagged the APJ Abdul Kalam Award for his meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu. The award consists of a certificate, 5 lakh rupees cheque and a 8 gram gold medal.
20. Recently which football player announced comeback from international retirement?
A. Cristiano Ronaldo
B. Andres Iniesta
C. Lionel Messi
Ans:- C – Lionel Messi – Explanation –Lionel Messi has announced his return to Argentina’s national team, ending his short-lived retirement from international football. Messi called it quits after missing a penalty in the shootout defeat to Chile in the Copa America final. “I see that there are a lot of problems in Argentina football and I don’t want to create more,” Messi said in a statement.