This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on August 18 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Eighteen August 2016 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : August 18 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz August 18 2016
Current Affairs Quiz : August 18 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : August 18 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently who appointed as the new governor of Manipur?
- A. Najma Heptulla
- B. K. Paul
- C. Syed Ahmed
- D. Shanmuganathan
Ans:- A – Najma Heptulla – Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed former Union Minister Najma Heptulla (76) as Governor of Manipur. She had served as Union Minority Affairs Minister in the Union Cabinet of NDA Government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. But she had resigned in July 2016.
2. Recently who won the Los Cabos Open Men’s doubles title in Mexico?
- A. Jonathan Erlich and England’s Ken Skupski
- B. Purav Raja and Divij Sharan
- C. Barnard Tomic and Feliciano Lopez
- D. Ivo Karlovic and Jeremy Chardy
Ans:- B – Purav Raja and Divij Sharan – Explanation – India’s tennis doubles pair of Purav Raja and Divij Sharan on 16 August 2016 clinched the Abierto Mexicano Los Cabos title in Mexico. The duo defated Israel’s Jonathan Erlich and England’s Ken Skupski by a score of 7-6(4), 7-6(3).
3. Recently who won the gold in Floor Exercise event at Rio Olympics?
- A. Alexandra Raisman
- B. Amy Tinkler
- C. Simone Biles
- D. Alexandra Biles
Ans:- C – Simone Biles – Explanation – Simone Biles of USA on 16 August 2016 won gold in the Floor Exercise event at Rio Olympics. The 19-year-old gymnast performed a tumbling routine on the floor, scoring an incredibly high score of 15.966.
4. Recently Assam Assembly passed Assam Amusements and Betting Tax (Amendment) Bill, ___________?
- A. 2014
- B. 2013
- C. 2012
- D. 2016
Ans:- D – 2016 – Explanation – The Assam Assembly on 13 August 2016 passed the Assam Amusements and Betting Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2016. This bill will reduce the service charge of cinema tickets with an aim to boost to the local film industry. The government, however, raised the entertainment tax on cinema tickets by up to ten percentile points.
5. Recently Uttar Pradesh Government approved a Metro Rail Project for which city?
- A. Allahabad
- B. Kanpur
- C. Agra
- D. Lucknow
Ans:- A – Allahabad – Explanation – Akhilesh Yadav led cabinet meeting of Uttar Pradesh government approved a Metro Rail project for Allahabad on August 17. This metro trainWork is already underway on the Metro Rail in Lucknow and the Detailed Project Report for Varanasi and Kanpur have already been approved Akhilesh Yadav.
6. Recently which state has became the 3rd state to ratified Constitutional amendment bill on GST?
- A. Bihar
- B. Assam
- C. Jharkhand
- D. Rajasthan
Ans:- C – Jharkhand – Explanation – The Jharkhand Assembly passed the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill and became the third state to ratify the bill after Assam and Bihar on august 17. The Bill was ratified unanimously during the one-day extension of the Monsoon Session convened to discuss and ratify it.
7. Recently India and Bangladesh jointly make a film on 1971 war to mark the _____________ birth anniversary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman?
- A. 75th
- B. 60th
- C. 50th
- D. 100th
Ans:- D – 100th – Explanation – India and Bangladesh jointly set to produce a documentary on the 1971 War of Independence of Bangladesh to mark the 100th birth anniversary of its Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 2020.
8. Recently which country opened world’s longest, highest glass bridge?
- A. China
- B. Japan
- C. Korea
- D. United States
Ans:- A – China – Explanation – The 430-metre long and six metre wide Glass Bridge set to be the world’s longest and highest glass bridge will open to visitors in Hunan province of China. Besides it set 10 world records spanning its design and construction.
9. Recently which country approved for the establishment of the Second Phase of the World’s biggest offshore Wind Farm?
- A. United States
- B. United Kingdom
- C. Russia
- D. Japan
Ans:- B – United Kingdom – Explanation – United Kingdom Ministers approved the second phase of the world’s biggest offshore wind farm. Hornsea Project Two will include 300 turbines spread across 300 square miles, 55 miles off the cost of England in the North Sea. With an estimated energy capacity of 1.8 gigawatts, the project could provide enough power for 1.6 million homes.
10. Recently which Indian company tied up with Amsterdam-based fashion brand Scotch & Soda?
- A. Snapdeal
- B. Flipcart
- C. Reliance Brands
- D. Yepme
Ans:- C – Reliance Brands – Explanation – Reliance Brands, a part of Reliance Industries Group declared a long-term master franchise agreement with Amsterdam-based fashion brand Scotch & Soda. The company stated the newly formed partnership will leverage Reliance Brands’ in-depth expertise of the premium retail market in India coupled with Scotch & Soda’s global expansion drive.
11. Recently who honored with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award 2016?
- A. Pandit Birju Maharaj
- B. Makhanlal Chaturvedi
- C. Rahul Sankrityayan
- D. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
Ans:- D – Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma – Explanation – Sursagar Society of Dilli Gharana has announced that Santoor maestro Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma will be conferred upon with the annual Sangeet Martand Ustad Chand Khan Lifetime Achievement Award 2016. Shivkumar Sharma is the master instrumentalist of the Santoor, after some years as a vocalist. He is credited with making the Santoor a popular Classical Instrument.
12. Recently who appointed as the new Governor of Punjab?
- A. P. Singh Badnore
- B. Najma Heptulla
- C. K. Paul
- D. Syed Ahmed
Ans:- A – V.P. Singh Badnore – Explanation – The Centre on 17-08-2016 appointed former Rajya Sabha MP and BJP leader VP Singh Badnore as the Punjab Governor. The 68 years old Badnore, who hails from Rajasthan, is also associated with Mayo College, Ajmer.
13. Recently who appointed as the new Governor of Assam?
- A. Syed Ahmed
- B. Banwarilal Purohit
- C. K. Paul
- D. P. Singh Badnore
Ans:- B – Banwarilal Purohit – Explanation – Banwarilal Purohit was a Member of Parliament from the Nagpur (Lok Sabha constituency) three times, twice as a Congress member, once as a BJP member. In 1984, he was elected to the 8th Lok Sabha as member of Congress Party. He was re-elected in 1989 on Congress ticket.
14. Recently who appointed as the new Lieutenant- Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- A. Syed Ahmed
- B. Banwarilal Purohit
- C. Jagdish Mukhi
- D. K. Paul
Ans:- D -Jagdish Mukhi – Explanation – Jagdish Mukhi is a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. He was born in 1942 in Dajal, Dera Gazi Khan. Mukhi is a former minister of finance, Planning, Exercise and Taxation and Higher Education in the Delhi Government.
15. Recently which country became the number-one ranked side on the ICC MRF Tyres Test Team Rankings?
- A. India
- B. New Zealand
- C. Australia
- D. Pakistan
Ans:- A – India – Explanation – After Indian team has victorious campaign against West Indies which is underway, Virat Kohli led side have become the number-one ranked side on the ICC MRF Tyres Test Team Rankings, while Pakistan have moved into the second position.
16. Recently the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has developed a kit for onsite determination of toxic Hexavalent Chromium in _____________?
- A. Milk
- B. Drinking Water
- C. Tea
- D. Cold drinks
Ans:- B – Drinking Water – Explanation – the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has developed a kit for onsite determiniation of toxic Hexavalent Chromium Cr(VI) in drinking water. The detection kit is simple, user friendly, quick and cost effective kit for determination of Cr(VI) in drinking water.
17. Recently which Indian freestyle wrestler won India’s first medal at the Rio Olympic 2016?
- A. Geetika Jakhar
- B. Geeta Phogat
- C. Sakshi Malik
- D. Babita Kumar
Ans:- C – Sakshi Malik – Explanation – Freestyle wrestler Sakshi Malik (23) won the India’s first medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics games by clinching the bronze in the 58 Kg category. With this victory she created history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal. It was India’s overall 25th medal in Olympic Games.
18. Recently which world’s largest aircraft embarked its maiden flight at an airfield in Cardington in central England?
- A. Airlander 10
- B. Airlander 15
- C. Airlander 20
- D. Airlander 25
Ans:- A – Airlander 10 – Explanation – The world’s largest (longest) aircraft the Airlander 10 has embarked its maiden flight at an airfield in cardington in Central England. It is a hybrid airship made by Hybrid Air Vehicles in United Kingdom.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: August 18 2016
Do not forget to check the following topics