Current Affairs Question Answers (MCQ) August 2013 Objective Question with Answers Free Download PDF GK (General Knowledge).
5 August 2013
• US temporarily closed diplomatic missions after intercepting al-Qaeda threats.
• Zimbabwe parliamentary election 2013: Zanu-PF, the party of Robert Mugabe declared winner.
• China blocked import of milk powder from New Zealand.
• Hassan Rouhani sworn in as the new president of Iran.
6 August 2013
• Colombo South Harbour declared open by Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse.
• Konkan Railway to scrap Skybus project.
• Supreme Court rejected Abu Salem’s plea for quashing all proceedings against him.
• Former Turkish army chief among 19 people handed life term for coup plot.
7 August 2013
• Japan unveiled its biggest warship called Izumo.
8 August 2013
• India announced 150 thousand Dollar assistance to Afghan bomb attack victims.
• Japan pledged huge spending cuts amounting to 83 Billion US Dollars.
9 August 2013
• Royal Yacht Squadron Club lifted its 200-year ban on women members.
• US Presidential Medal of Freedom to be conferred on Bill Clinton & Oprah Winfrey.
• International Day of the World’s Indigenous People observed on 9 August.
10 August 2013
• IEA warned that oil supplies from OPEC may decline.
• Sri Lankan President felicitated tribal community, the Veddas on World Indigenous Peoples Day.
11 August 2013
• One lakh people applied to go on one-way trip to Mars under Mars One Project.
Q1. Name the Double Trap shooter of India who was recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award 2013?
Ans. Ronjan Sodhi
Note: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is India’s highest honour for a sportsperson. Sodhi had won two silver medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and a gold medal at the 2010 Asian Games. In 2011, he became the first Indian to successfully defend a World Cup title.
Q2. Name the first ever indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier launched by India on 12 August 2013?
Ans. INS Vikrant
Note: Click Here to read more. INS Vikrant has a length of 260 metres and it is 60 metres wide. Vikrant is scheduled for extensive trials in 2016 before being inducted into the Navy by 2018 end.
Q3. Name the indigenously-developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile successfully test-fired by India on 12 August 2013?
Note: Prithvi-II s the first missile to be developed under India’s prestigious Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP). It is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1000 kg of warheads. It has a range of 350 km.
[indeed-social-locker sm_list=’fb,tw,go1,li’ sm_template=’ism_template_1′ sm_list_align=’horizontal’ sm_display_counts=’false’ sm_display_full_name=’true’ locker_template=2 sm_d_text='<p><img class=” aligncenter” src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/current-affairs-lock-min-1.png” alt=”” data-mce-src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Share-and-Unlock-min.png”></p>’ ism_overlock=’default’ ]
Be the first to leave a review.