Current Affairs Quiz : January 12 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on January 12 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twelfth January 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : January 12 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : January 12 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : January 12 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state Government Launches Student Startup and Innovation Policy?
Answer: A – Gujarat – Explanation – The Gujarat government has introduced India’s first Student Startup and Innovation Policy to provide financial support to enable the students in developing their innovative ideas
2. Which state Government Launches Country’s Largest WiFi Service?
A. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C – Maharashtra – Explanation – Maharashtra Government led by Chief Minister Devandra Fednavis launched India’s largest Public wifi service, “MumbaiWifi” to digitally empower the residents of the state.
3. ___________________ Minister of India announces Non Fare Revenue Policy to boost Additional Revenue.
A. Finance Minister
B. Railway Minister
C. Home Minister
D. Transport Minister
Answer: B – Railway Minister – Explanation – Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhu on January 10, 2017 launched a Non Fare Revenue Policy to boost up additional revenue and reduce its dependence on traditional revenue system such as passenger and freight traffic.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates Nobel Prize exhibition in which state recently?
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A – Gujarat – Explanation – PM Modi inaugurated the Nobel Prize exhibition ‘Ideas Changing the World’ at Nobel Prize exhibitionScience City in Ahmedabad, Gujarat as a part of the 8th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS). PM also met 9 Nobel laureates from across the globe.
5. In which state recently 20th National Conference for e-Governance Held?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Jammu & Kashmir
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D – Andhra Pradesh – Explanation – The 20th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) was held from January 9-10, 2017 in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Recently European sociologist Zygmunt Bauman dies in UK at age ___________________.
Answer: B – 91 – Explanation –The most prominent and prolific European sociologists, Zygmunt Bauman has died at the age of 91.He was a strong moral voice for the poor and dispossessed in a world upended by globalisation.
7. Name the former German President who dies recently at aged 82.
A. Roman Herzog
B. Karl Carstens
C. Richard von Weizsacker
D. Johannes Rau
Answer: A – Roman Herzog – Explanation – Former German president Roman Herzog passed away in Berlin, Germany on January 10, 2017. He was 82
8. Name the Russian Gymnast who recently announced her retirement?
A. Yana Kudryavtseva
B. Svetlana Khorkina
C. Anna Chepeleva
D. Ksenia Semenova
Answer: A – Yana Kudryavtseva – Explanation – Russian rhythmic gymnast, Yana Alexeyevna Kudryavtseva, announced her retirement at the age of 19, following several leg injuries including a fracture in the left foot during Yana Kudryavtsevathe 2016 World Cup in Kazan, Russia.
6. Which of the following bank becomes Third Lender to Use Block Chain Solution?
A. HDFC Bank
B. Yes Bank
C. Dena Bank
D. Axis Bank
Answer: D – Axis Bank – Explanation – Following ICICI and Yes bank, the private sector lender Axis Bank has also joined the group as the third bank to use block chain solutions in its operations.Third largest Private sector bank led by Shikha Sharma has tied up with fintech firm Ripple to offer the solution.
10. Find out the Airbus mention below which is recently launch by German airline company Lufthansa?
Answer: A – A350 – Explanation – German airline company Lufthansa has become the first carrier to launch commercial operations with Airbus A350 to India after it announced that the first flight to Delhi from Munich on this aircraft will be operated on February 11, 2017.
11. Name the person who recently received the Best FIFA Men’s Coach Award for 2016?
A. Claudio Ranieri
B. James Franklin
C. Charlie Strong
D. Steve Spurrier
Answer: A – Claudio Ranieri – Explanation – Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri has been named as the Coach of the Year at the FIFA Football Awards in Zurich.
12. Who is the recipient of FIFA lifetime achievement Award for 2016?
A. Jamie Vardy
B. Gareth Bale
D. Andres Iniesta
Answer: C – Falcao – Explanation – Radamel Falcao made his perfect ending of his career after being the 2016 recipient of the FIFA Award for an Outstanding Career.
13. How many Indian-American Scientists were selected for Presidential Awards recently be US President Obama?
Answer: D – Four – Explanation – Four Indian–American scientists have been selected by the US President Barack Obama on January 10, 2017 for the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
14. Name the e-Commerce company who recently appoints Kalyan Krishnamurthy as new CEO?
Answer: B – Flipkart – Explanation – Kalyan Krishnamurthy has been named the new Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Flipkart on January 9, 2017. He will replace Sachin Bansal who will retain his position and work closely with Binny Bansal to drive businesses in areas such as fintech, private brands, business-to-business services, and logistics
15. Who is the author of the book “Akhada” which was released last month?
A. Tarun Vijay
B. Sourabh Duggal
C. Neha Sharma
D. Somaya Dey
Answer: B – Sourabh Duggal – Explanation – Akhada is the authorized biography of Mahavir Singh Phogat, a former wrestler and a coach. The book is written by sports journalist Sourabh Duggal and was released on 21 December 2016 at the Chandigarh Press Club.