Current Affairs Quiz : July 01 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 01 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on First July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 01 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 01 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 01 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July012017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s latest communication satellite _______ was successfully launched on board Ariane apace rocket from Kourou in French Guiana on June 29, 2017.
A. GSAT- 18
B. GSAT- 17
C. GSAT- 19
D. GSAT- 20
Answer – B- GSAT- 17 – Explanation: NASA has achieved a significant milestone in its effort to make supersonic passenger jet travel over land a real possibility by completing the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport or QueSST aircraft design. QueSST is the initial design stage of NASA’s planned Low Boom Flight Demonstration (LBFD) experimental airplanIndian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s latest communication satellite GSAT-17 was 29th June successfully launched around 2.00 am by a heavy duty rocket of Arianespace from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana. Configured around I-3K extended bus, the 3,477 kg GSAT-17 carries payloads in Normal C-band, Extended C-band and S-band to provide various communication services. e, otherwise known as an X-plane.
2. Recently a new cyber attack to WannaCry, carried out by Petya Virus, hit a terminal operated at which port in India?
A. Paradip Port Trust
B. Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
C. Visakhapatnam Port Trust
D. Kolkata Port Trust
Answer – B – Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust – Explanation: A new cyberattack similar to WannaCry has reached Asia after spreading from Europe to the US overnight, hitting businesses, port operators and government systems. A terminal operated by AP Moller-Maersk at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, a facility near Mumbai which is India’s biggest container port, was unable to load or unload because of the attack, according to the nation’s shipping ministry.
3. Recently Prime Minister Naqrendra Modi attended centenary celebrations of Sabarmati Ashram in:
Answer – A – Ahmedabad – Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Ahmedabad 29th June morning to inaugurate the Sabarmati Ashram centenary celebrations. At the ashram, the PM will attend an event marking the 150th birth anniversary of Shrimad Rajchandraji. PM Modi is on a two-day visit to his home state Gujarat and is scheduled to attend programmes in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Modasa and Gandhinagar.
4. Recently Delhi Development Authority was launched its new housing scheme with how many flats?
Answer – B – 12,000 – Explanation: The Delhi Development Authority (DDA)’s much-awaited new housing scheme with 12,000 flats launched by Union urban development minister M. Venkaiah Naidu at Vikas Sadan, the housing authority’s headquarters, on 30th June afternoon.
5. Recently joint Trade Committee Meeting between India and Myanmar was held in
C. New Delhi
Answer – C – New Delhi – Explanation: The 6th India Myanmar Joint Trade Committee (JTC) Meeting co-chaired by Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Commerce & Industry from India and Dr. Than Myint, Union Commerce Minister from Myanmar was held on 27th June 2017 at New Delhi. The Joint Trade Committee plays a key role in facilitating issues related to enhancement of the bilateral economic partnership between the two countries.
6. Recently former Puducherry CPI legislator and freedom fighter N Gurusamy died at the age of:
Answer – B – 95 – Explanation: Gurusamy was 95 years old and a champion of farm labourer’s and industrial workers rights. He was member of the territorial assembly between 1969 and 1973. He was also an awardee of the Centre’s Tamara Patra. He was the member of the Tamil Nadu CPI executive committee.
7. Which entity has achieved a significant milestone in its effort to make supersonic passenger jet travel over land a real possibility by completing the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport or QueSST aircraft design?
D. Russian Space Agency
Answer – B – NASA – Explanation: NASA has achieved a significant milestone in its effort to make supersonic passenger jet travel over land a real possibility by completing the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport or QueSST aircraft design. QueSST is the initial design stage of NASA’s planned Low Boom Flight Demonstration (LBFD) experimental airplane, otherwise known as an X-plane.
8. Recently which Country has voted to legalise same-sex marriage by 393 votes to 226?
Answer – A – Germany – Explanation: Germany’s parliament has voted to legalise same-sex marriage by 393 votes to 226, despite Angela Merkel opposing the move. The German Chancellor was seen voting with a red card, indicating a no vote, at the end of a heated debate in the Bundestag.
9. UK Prime Minister Theresa May is the leader of which political party?
A. Labour Party
B. Green Party
C. Democratic Unionist Party
D. Conservative Party
Answer – D – Conservative Party – Explanation: British Prime Minister Theresa May narrowly won a confidence vote in parliament on Thursday, showing her weakness after her Conservative Party lost its majority in a shock general election result earlier this month. Theresa Mary May (born 1 October 1956) is a British politician, who has served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party since July 2016.
10. Recently which Finance Organisation has committed USD 10 billion supports for infrastructure building and immediate development needs of less developed states in India?
A. Asian Development Bank
B. World Bank
C. New Development Bank
D. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer – A – Asian Development Bank – Explanation: The Asian Development Bank has committed USD 10 billion to support infrastructure building and to cater to the immediate development needs of less-developed States in India. This has been stated by ADB President Takehiko Nakao during his 3-day visit to India.
11. Recently BHEL signs with which Countries firm for manufacturing coaches for metro trains?
Answer – B – Japanese – Explanation: Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd BSE -0.44 % (BHELBSE -0.44 %) has entered into a technology collaboration agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd (KHI) of Japan for manufacturing of stainless steel coaches and bogies for metros. The agreement covers establishing design, engineering and manufacturing facilities at BHEL using Japanese technology. It will also entitle BHEL for all technology advances and upgrades.
12. Recently US to sell $366.2 million C-17 Globemaster aircraft to-
Answer – A – India – Explanation: The Trump administration’s decision to sell one C-17 transport aircraft to India by the US will improve its capability to meet current and future strategic airlift requirements, the Pentagon has said.
13. Recently who among the following has been conferred with the ‘Best astrologer of the world’ award at the ‘Russian India economics dialogue’ round – table meet held in Moscow, Russia?
A. TS Jayanth Reddy
B. TS Vijay Menon
C. TS Ankur Nair
D. TS Vineeth Bhatt
Answer – D – TS Vineeth Bhatt – Explanation: Hyderabad -based astrologer and numerologist TS Vineeth Bhatt has been conferred with the ‘Best astrologer of the world’ award at the ‘Russian-Indian economic dialogue’ round-table meet held in Moscow.
14. Recently who among the following was appointed as India’s ambassador to Greece?
A. Sujata Kulkarni
B. Shamma Jain
C. Ankita Sing
D. Manisha Bhandari
Answer – B – Shamma Jain – Explanation: Shamma Jain is a 1983 – batch Indian Foreign Service officer. Jain is Currently serving as Indian envoy to Panama. She had earlier served as ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire. Shamma Jain succeeds M Manimekalai as Indian envoy in Greece.
15. Recently Van Niekerk breaks ____________ meter World record at Golden Spike Meet.
Answer – A – 100 – Explanation: Wayden Van Niekerk breaks the World Record in 300m at Golden Spike Meet. Wayden Van Niekerk ran 30.81 at the Ostrava Golden Spike Meet in the Czech Republic to break Michael Johnson’s previous world record in the 300m of 30.85.