Current Affairs Quiz : July 18 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 18 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Eighteen July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 18 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 18 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 18 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July182017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently minister of Railways inaugurates Sindhudurg leg of the Science Express in which state of India?
Answer: A – Maharashtra – Explanation: The IX Phase of the prestigious Science Express exhibition train which is on a nationwide tour since February 17, 2017 reached Sindhudurg in Maharashtra on July 17, 2017. This phase of train is being referred as ‘Science Express Climate Action Special (SECAS) – II’ as it conveys message about global challenge related to climate change.
2. Recently J&K government has launched a first ever ‘Culture of Cruise’, a weekly cultural programme at which lake?
A. Anchar Lake
B. Gadsar Lake
C. Dal Lake
D. Krishansar Lake
Answer: C – Dal Lake – Explanation: The Jammu and Kashmir has launched a first ever ‘Culture of Cruise’, a weekly cultural programme at Dal lake on 16th of July 2017. The J&K Academy of Art, Culture and Languages (JKAACL)in association with the tourism J-K govt launches weekly festival ‘Cultrue of Cruise ‘at Dal Lake department of Kashmir launched the event.
3. Recently GSI discover millions of tones of precious metals and minerals in Indian waters, what is the full form of GSI?
A. Geological System of India
B. Geological Survey of India
C. Geographical Survey of India
D. Geometric Solution of India
Answer: B – Geological Survey of India – Explanation: Scientists from the Geological Survey of India (GSI) have discovered the presence of millions of tonnes of precious metals and minerals deep under the waters that surround peninsular India. The huge presence of marine resources was first identified off Mangaluru, Chennai, Mannar Basin, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and around Lakshadweep in early 2014.
4. Recently India and which country have signed a MoU to develop a village in Anuradhapura District?
A. Sri Lanka
Answer: A – Sri Lanka – Explanation: India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU to develop a village in Anuradhapura District. The total estimated cost is Rs 30 crores Sri Lankan rupees.
5. Recently scientists from the University of _____________ have developed super-stretchy and strong artificial silk.
Answer: B – Cambridge – Explanation: Scientists from the University of Cambridge have developed super-stretchy and strong artificial silk. It is composed almost entirely of water, which may be used to make eco-friendly textiles and sensors.
6. Recently Oscar winner Martin Landau has died at the age of _____________
A. 80 years
B. 93 years
C. 85 years
D. 89 years
Answer: D – 89 years – Explanation: Oscar-winning Actor Martin Landau has died at the age of 89, announced on 17th of July 2017.He was an American film and television actor. Martin Landau has been acting since the early 1950s making his professional acting Oscar Winner Martin Landau Passes away at 89debut on the sitcom The Goldbergs, starring Gertrude Berg and Eli Mintz.
7. Which day observed International Justice Day?
A. 17th July
B. 15th July
C. 12th July
D. 10th July
Answer: A – 17th July – Explanation: International Justice Day has been observed on 17th July. It marks the 19th anniversary of the 1998 Rome Statute, the founding treaty that created the International Criminal Court (ICC).
8. Recently Singapore ____________ has been rated as the world’s best _____________ in a survey by the Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine.
A. Rail Line
B. Air Line
C. Water Line
D. Road Way
Answer: B – Air Line – Explanation: Singapore Airlines has been rated as the world’s best airline in a survey by the Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine.
9. Recently which company developed the country’s first bio-CNG (bio-methane) bus?
A. Tata Motors
B. Ashok Leyland
C. New Holland
D. None of the above
Answer: A – Tata Motors – Explanation: Auto major Tata Motors has developed the country’s first bio-CNG (bio-methane) bus on 17th of July 2017. The buses were showcased at the Urja Utsav organized by oil ministry.
10. Who will be the new Chief Justice of Nepal?
A. Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli
B. Justice Sushila Karki
C. Justice Ram Kumar Prasad Shah
D. Justice Damodar Prasad Sharma
Answer: A – Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli – Explanation: Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli will be the new Chief Justice of Nepal announced on 17th July 2017. A special programme is organised at the office of the President in Sheetal Niwas and President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to CJ Parajuli.
11. Recently which two leaders of Jammu & Kashmir took oath as the Member of Parliament (MP) in the Lok Sabha?
A. Mr. Abdul Haq Khan & Mr. Bali Bhagat
B. Mr. Lal Singh & Mr. Sajad Gani Lone
C. Farooq Abdullah & PK Kunhalikutty
D. Mr. Chering Dorjay & Chowdhary Zulfkar Ali
Answer: C – Farooq Abdullah & PK Kunhalikutty – Explanation: National Conference patron and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah and Indian Union Muslim League’s PK Kunhalikutty took oath as the Member of Parliament (MP) in the Lok Sabha on 17 July 2017.
12. Recently who wins the Men’s Singles Wimbeldon Championship 2017?
A. Roger Federer
B. Marine Cilic
C. Lulkasz Kubot
D. Mate Pavic
Answer: A – Roger Federer – Explanation: Roger Federer cruised to his eighth Wimbledon title and 19th major by beating a hobbling and emotional Marin Cilic 6-3, 6-1, 6-4 in a disappointing final on 16th July 2017. Federer has made history again. Eight Wimbledon titles in the bag, now it’s time for him to win his 20th grand slam title.
13. The name of the Mercedes driver who recently won his fourth successive British Grand Prix for a record-equaling fifth time at the silver stone?
A. Michael Schumacher
B. Lewis Hamilton
C. Sebastian Vettel
D. Fernando Alonso
Answer: B – Lewis Hamilton – Explanation: Lewis Hamilton Mercedes driver won his fourth successive British Grand Prix for a record-equaling fifth time at the Silverstone on 16th of July 2017. With the win, Hamilton equals Jim Clark and Alain Prost record with five British GP career wins.
14. Recently who won the first National Master Snooker tournament title which was held in Chennai?
A. Pankaj Advani
B. Om Agarwal
C. Manish Jain
D. H Manudev
Answer: D – H Manudev – Explanation: H Manudev from Karnataka won the first National Masters snooker tournament title in Chennai on July 16, 2017. He defeated former Asian champion, Alok Kumar.
15. In India who recently receives the first copy of the book ‘Future of Indian Universities: Comparative and International Perspectives’?
A. Pranav Mukherjee
B. Narendra Modi
C. Arun Jately
D. Amit Sah
Answer: A – Pranav Mukherjee – Explanation: The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee receives the first copy of the book ‘Future of Indian Universities: Comparative and International Perspectives’ at a function to be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 17th July 2017.