This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 20 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentieth July 2016 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 20 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : July 20 2016 Question And Answers
- Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : July 20 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1.Recently who was appointed as Prime Minister of Australia?
- A. Malcolm Turnbull
- B. Tony Abbott
- C. Kevin Rudd
- D. Julia Gillard
Ans:- A – Malcom Turnbull – Explanation – Malcom Turnbull was sworn as Prime Minister of Australia for second term after a narrow victory in the federal election. He became the 29th Prime Minister of the country.
2. Who recently appointed as COO of HCL Technologies Ltd.?
- A. Anil Chanana
- B. Vineet Nayar
- C. Anant Gupta
- D. Vijay Kumar
Ans:- D -Vijay Kumar – Explanation – IT service company HCL Technologies Ltd. On July 16, 2016 said its president, infrastructure service, C.Vijay Kumar will take on additional responsibility as chief operating officer.
3. Recently which Indian company to set up bus assembly unit in Kenya?
- A. TATA
- B. Ashok Leyland
- C. Mahindra
- D. Bajaj
Ans:- B – Ashoke Leyland – Explanation – Hinduja Group’s Ashok Leyland to set up a bus assembly plant in Kenya with an investment of Rs. 70 crore as part of its global expansion plans. This plant will have an annual capacity of 1200 buses.
4. Recently which BJP leader resigned from Rajya Sabha?
- A. Mahesh Poddar
- B. J. Akbar
- C. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- D. Prabhat Jha
Ans:- C – Navjot Singh Sidhu – Explanation – Cricketer turned BJP leader in Punjub, Navjot Singh Sidhu resigned from the Upper House at a time speculations were rife that he might join the AAP party.
5. Recently who won the 10th Davis Cup men’s single?
- A. Young Kyu Lim
- B. Rohan Bopanna
- C. James Ward
- D. Andy Murray
Ans:- B – Rohan Bopanna – Explanation – Indian tennis star Rohan Bopanna defeated Hong Chung by a 3-6, 6-4 to win against 10th davis Cup Singles win.
6. Named the portal which was recently launched by Election Commission of India?
- A. SVEEP
- B. SVEEL
- C. SVEEM
- D. SVEEO
Ans:- A – SVEEP – Explanation – Election Commission of India has launched the SVEEP Portal in Hindi language with two other releases in the sidelines of the Conference of Chief Electoral Officers of States by Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi.
7. Recently who was appointed as new Vice President for South Asia in Western Union?
- A. Scott Coad
- B. Molly Shea
- C. Sohini Rajola
- D. Richard Williams
Ans:- C – Sohini Williams – Explanation – American financial services company Western Union has appointed Sohini Rajola as Regional Vice President who will be responsible for managing and developing the western Union business across India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives and Bhutan.
8. Who was the first Indian to won Mister World Title?
- A. Nicklas Pedersen
- B. Rohit khandelwel
- C. Fernando Alberto Alvarez
- D. Aldo Esparza Ramirez
Ans:- B – Rohit Khandelwel – Explanation – India’s contestant Rohit Khandewal won the coveted Mister World 2016 title on 19th July 2016. The grand finale of Mr. World 2016 was held at the Southport Theatre & Centre in Southport, U.K.
9. Recently who appointed as Managing Director of Cricket World Cup 2016?
- A. David Richardson
- B. Gregor Barclay
- C. James Sutherland
- D. Steve Elworthy
Ans:- D – Steve Elworthy – Explanation – Steve Elworthy, the former South Africa fast bowler, on 19th July 2016 was appointed the Managing director (MD) of the 2019 World Cup, which will be held in England and Wales.
10. Recently who won the 2W MRF Rally of Coimbatore?
- A. R Nataraj
- B. S D Viswas
- C. Abdul Wahid
- D. Abdul Manan
Ans:- C – Abdul wahid – Explanation – Abdul Wahid Tanveer of Team TVS July 2016 clinched the 2016 MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Rally Championship for two wheelers, as he extended his run to the fourth round at the MRF Rally of Coimbatore in the six round competitions.
11. Recently Garry Marshall passed away, he belongs to which profession?
- A. Film Director
- B. Singer
- C. Actor
- D. Film Producer
Ans: – A – Film Director – Explanation – Veteran filmmaker and TV personality Garry Marshall has died. He was 81. Marshall, who created some of the 1970s’ most iconic sitcoms including Happy days and The Odd Couple and went on the direct hit movies including Pretty Woman and the princess Diaries, passed away on 19th July 2016.
12. Named the coach which were recently Railway rolls out for general class?
- A. Deen Coach
- B. Deen Dayalu Coach
- C. Ordinary Coach
- D. Aam Admi Coach
Ans:- B – Deen Dayalu Coach – Explanation – To improve quality of travelling in general class, railways today rolled out its first modern unreserved coach ‘ Deen Dayalu’ with facilities like potable drinking water, mobile charging points and bio toilets among others to be used in mail and express trains.
13. Recently who has been suspended by Punjab’s ruling Shiromani Akali Dal?
- A. Tara Singh
- B. Babu Labh Singh
- C. Pargat singh
- D. Surjit Singh
Ans:- C – Pargat Singh – Explanation – Indian hockey team’s former captain and legislator from Jalandhar east constituency Pargat singh has been suspended by Punjub’s ruling shiromani Akali Dal. Source close to Mr Singh say that he will soon join the Aam Aadmi Party.
14. Recently which Indian medicine company received the final approval from the US health regulator USFDA for rosuvastatin calcium tablets used in lowering cholesterol?
- A. Sun Pharma
- B. Cipla
- C. Aurobindo Pharma
- D. Lupin Ltd.
Ans:- A – Sun Pharma – Explanation – Drug major Sun Pharma received the final approval from the US health regulator USFDA for rosuvastatin calcium tablets used in lowering cholesterol.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: July 20 2016
Do not forget to check the following topics