Current Affairs Quiz :May 10 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on May 10 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Tenth May 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : May 10 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz May 10 2017
Current Affairs Quiz :May 10 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :May 10 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently by whom country’s first bio refinery plant inaugurated in Pune?
A. Narendra Modi
B. M. Venkaiah Naidu
C. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
D. Arun Jaitley
Answer: A – Narendra Modi – Explanation – On May 7, 2017, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highway, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated India’s first bio refinery plant for renewable fuels and chemicals at Rahu in Pune district of Maharashtra.
2. Recently CRPF command headquarters shifted from Kolkata to __________________.
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. New Delhi
Answer: B – Chhatisgarh – Explanation – Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has shifted its strategic antiMaoist command headquarters from Kolkata to Chhattisgarh.
3. Which state government has decided to start door to door survey to collect data of every resident and issue smart IDs to every house?
B. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C – Haryana – Explanation – Haryana government has decided to gather a detailed data of every resident and issue smart IDs for every house in Haryana.
4. Which of the following organization has planning to host book fair in panchayats?
A. Government Book Trust
B. International Book Trust
C. State Book Trust
D. National Book Trust
Answer: D – National Book Trust – Explanation – The National Book Trust (NBT) is planning to launch Panchayat Pustak Mela with the aim of organising regular book fairs in rural areas across the country. The main objective behind introducing this new scheme at the panchayat level is to encourage the growth of reading habit in villages.
5. Name the Union Minister who has announced a new doctrine SAMADHAN to tackle of Left Wing Extremism.
A. Raj Nath Singh
B. Suresh Prabhu
C. Ravi Shankar Prasad
D. Ramvilas Paswan
Answer: A – Raj Nath Singh – Explanation – The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 8 May 2017 announced a new doctrine, SAMADHAN. The doctrine was announced during the Review Meeting of Left Wing Extremism affected States which was chaired by Rajnath Singh.
6. Which country is the 6th biggest private spenders on health among low-middle income nations?
Answer: A – India – Explanation – According to an India Spend analysis of two recent studies by The Lancet, a British medical journal, Indians were the 6th biggest private spenders on health in the low middle income group of 50 nations in year 2014.
7. What is the name of major military exercises launched by Jordan and US jointly?
A. Hand in Hand
B. Eager Lion
D. None of these
Answer: B – Eager Lion – Explanation – The 7,400 troops from 20 nations are taking part in Eager Lion military drills. It is the largest and most complex until now.
8. Recently in which country new Butterfly Species found for 1st time in 109 years?
D. Sri Lanka
Answer: C – Israel – Explanation – A new butterfly species found in Israel. It is the first such finding from the region in over a century according to the scientists.
9. Recently at the age of _______________ legendary Sitarist Rais Khan was died.
Answer: D – 77 – Explanation – Renowned Sitar maestro Ustad Rais Khan passed away on 6 May 2017 in Karachi, Pakistan. He was 77. Ustad Rais Khan was born in Indian city of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, on 25 November 1939.
10. Recently who has been conferred the first ever Genderless Acting Award?
A. Emma Watson
B. Amanda Seyfried
C. Daniel Radcliffe
D. Dan Stevens
Answer: A – Emma Watson – Explanation – Harry Potter fame star, Emma Watson was conferred the first ever ‘Genderless Acting Award’ for Best Actor category on 7 May 2017 at the annual MTV Movie and TV Awards ceremony held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.
11. Recently Presidential awards for classical Tamil presented for the years-
D. All the above
Answer: D – All the above – Explanation – On May 9, 2017, the President of India, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee presented the ‘Presidential Awards for Classical Tamil’ for the years 201314, 201415 and 201516 at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
12. Which of the Insurance Company has launched India’s first insurance product that can be bought at PoS?
A. Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Limited
B. Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited
C. Exide Life Insurance
D. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company
Answer: B – Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited – Explanation – Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has launched India’s first insurance product that can be bought at a point of sale (PoS). The product has been named ‘PoS Saral Nivesh’. It is the first product to be approved by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India’s guidelines on point of salelife insurance products.
13. Recently with Cashkaro.com which bank has ties up to launch card-linked offers?
A. HDFC Bank
B. Yes Bank
C. Syndicate Bank
D. ICICI Bank
Answer: B – Yes Bank – Explanation – Private sector bank Yes Bank announced its tieup with Cashkaro to launch India’s first Card Linked Offers (CLO) cashback proposition.
14. Recently Bharti Airtel and ___________________ ties up to offer integrated digital services.
A. Ola Cabs
B. Meru Cabs
Answer: A – Ola Cabs – Explanation – Telecommunications services provider Bharti Airtel on 8 May 2017 partnered with taxi app aggregator Ola Cabs to offer a range of exciting digital services to customers. Both the companies will collaborate to deliver enhanced convenience for customers by leveraging the strengths of their respective portfolios.
15. Recently with which company Jharkhand government has signs MoU for cloud based citizen services?
Answer: C – Oracle – Explanation – The Government of Jharkhand and Oracle has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cloudbased citizen service.