Current Affairs Quiz : October 01 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on October 01 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on First October2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : October 01 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : October 01 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :October012017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which ministry has notified the new Wetland (Conservation and Management) Rules 2017, in New Delhi?
A. Ministry of Rural Development
B. Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
C. Ministry of Environment
D. Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Answer: C – Ministry of Environment – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, the Union Environment Ministry notified the new Wetland (Conservation and Management) Rules 2017, in New Delhi. The new rules will replace the 2010 version of the Wetland rules. Wetlands are lands mid-way between terrestrial and aquatic eco-systems. The water table is usually near the surface or the land is covered by shallow water.
2. By what percent that Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) of India has been declined as per the report from Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin?
Answer: C – 8% – Explanation: On 29th September 2017, Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin was released, which stated that Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) of India has declined by three points (8%). IMR has reduced to 34 per 1000 live births in 2016, compared to the 37 per 1000 live births in 2015.
3. Recently where did the India’s first Mobile Congress held?
B. New Delhi
Answer: B – New Delhi – Explanation: On 27th – 29th September 2017, India’s first Mobile Congress, India Mobile Congress 2017, was held at New Delhi. More than 300 exhibitors, and hundreds of startups from India participated in the India Mobile Congress.
4. Recently who inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that links Leh to Karakoram, in Jammu and Kashmir?
A. Sushma Swaraj
B. Nitin Gadkari
C. Nirmala Sitharaman
D. Manohar Parikar
Answer: C – Nirmala Sitharaman – Explanation: On 30th September 2017, Defence Minister Ms.Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that links Leh to Karakoram, in Jammu and Kashmir. The Pratham-Shyok Brigde provides connectivity to the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Olde axis, for military transport.
5. Dr.Jitendra Singh inaugurates ISRO exhibition at ______________.
Answer: B – Surat – Explanation: On 29th September 2017, an exhibition highlighting the achievements of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space, Dr.Jitendra Singh, at Surat.
6. Recently Veteran actor Tom Alter passed away at the age of__________.
A. 67 Years
B. 87 Years
C. 73 Years
D. 91 Years
Answer: A – 67 Years – Explanation: Veteran theatre, television and film actor Tom Alter, best known for his performances in “Shatranj Ke Khilari”, “Junoon” and “Kranti”, passed away at the age of 67 on 30th Sept. 2017. The actor was suffering from squamous cell carcinoma (a type of skin cancer).
7. Recently Veteran journalist, Dainik Asam editor RM Bhagawati passed away at the age of ___________.
A. 69 Years
B. 84 Years
C. 61 Years
D. 75 Years
Answer: B – 84 Years – Explanation: Radhika Mohan Bhagawati, veteran Guwahati-based journalist and editor of Dainik Asam, oldest Assamese daily newspaper had passed away. He was 84. He was born at Jamugurihat in Sonitpur district on January 19, 1933.
8. Recently which country has won the Enactus World Cup 2017, in London?
Answer: D – India – Explanation: On 29th September 2017, Team India won the Enactus World Cup 2017, in London. Enactus is an international non-profit organization dedicated to inspire students to take entrepreneurial action to improve the lives of others. The Enactus World Cup showcases, the best social innovation projects created by college teams from 36 countries.
9. What day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome International Federation of Translators (FIT)?
A. International Translation Day
B. World Tourism Day
C. International Coconut Day
D. World Water Day
Answer: A – International Translation Day – Explanation: International Translation Day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome. International Federation of Translators (FIT) decides on a theme for each year and invites all of its member associations to join it in celebrating the day around the theme. International Translation Day 2017 theme, ‘Translation and Diversity.
10. SEBI allows FPIs to buy corporate debt up to how much money in infrastructure sector?
A. Rs.9,500 crore
B. Rs.8,500 crore
C. Rs.10,500 crore
D. Rs.6,500 crore
Answer: A – Rs.9,500 crore – Explanation: On 29th September 2017, The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed Sovereign Wealth Funds and other long term Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to buy up to Rs.9,500 crore worth corporate debt in infrastructure sector.
11. The state-owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (Ireda) became the first Indian financial institution to raise funds overseas announced on 30th Sept. 2017. These funds are termed as ____________________.
A. ‘blue masala bonds’.
B. ‘red masala bonds’.
C. ‘green masala bonds’.
D. ‘pink masala bonds’.
Answer: C – ‘green masala bonds’. – Explanation: The state-owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (Ireda) became the first Indian financial institution to raise funds overseas announced on 30th Sept. 2017. These funds are termed as ‘green masala bonds’.
12. Recently which bank has raised shares worth over Rs 99 crore as part of a share buyback programme by its subsidiary SBI DFHI?
A. State Bank of India (SBI)
B. Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
C. United bank of India (UBI)
D. Bandhan bank of India (BBI)
Answer: A – State Bank of India (SBI) – Explanation: State Bank of India (SBI) has raised shares worth over Rs 99 crore as part of a share buyback programme by its subsidiary SBI DFHI on 29th Sept. 2017.
13. Who has become the first Indian woman to scale Mount Manaslu?
A. Gowri Mehra
B. Sangeetha Nair
C. Aparna Kumar
D. Kripa Bhatnagar
Answer: C – Aparna Kumar – Explanation: Kumar has become the first Indian woman to scale Mount Manaslu announced on 28th Sept. 2017. Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain peak in the world. On September 25, Kumar took up a mission to climb Mount Manaslu in the west-central part of Nepal.
14. Which one is the world’s most affordable technology hub?
Answer: B – Bengaluru – Explanation: According to a study conducted by a realty consultancy firm Bengaluru is the world’s most affordable technology hub on 30th Sept. 2017. Among the top 29 global technology hubs covered by the study, Bengaluru emerged the cheapest in office rentals. Gurugram, another Indian city, comes second.
15. FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup and it will be called _________.
Answer: A – Krasava – Explanation: FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup and it will be called Krasava, a word generally used by Russian sports fans to describe a striking performance.