Current Affairs Quiz : October 04 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on October 04 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Fourth October2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : October 04 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz October 04 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : October 04 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : October042017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which country unveils third National Wildlife Action Plan for 2017-2031?
Answer: A – India – Explanation: On October 2, 2017, Union Environment Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan unveiled India’s third National Wildlife Action Plan for 2017-2031, which outlines the future road map for wildlife conservation across the country. The plan was unveiled on the inaugural day of the Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference in New Delhi, which is jointly hosted by India, World Bank and United Nations Development Programme.
2. Recently which state government creating land bank for industrial allocation?
Answer: B – Odisha – Explanation: Odisha State Government is creating a 1.2 lakh acre land bank across the state which will be allocated for industrial use and purposes. The land bank is being created to cut red tape and pre-emptively settle local issues related to the land acquisition process.
3. Recently 1st community toilet for third gender inaugurated in which place?
A. Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
B. Patna, Bihar
C. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
D. Rohtak, Haryana
Answer: C – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Mr.Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated a community toilet for third gender, in the Mangalwara area, Bhopal. This is the first community toilet for exclusive third gender usage in India.
4. Recently NHAI launches how many Free Eye Check-up camps on National Highways?
Answer: B – 50 – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, The Minister of Road Transport & Highways Mr.Nitin Gadkari launched the countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign at Panjari Toll Plaza, Nagpur Bypass, Nagpur, in Maharashtra. This free eye checkup camp will be conducted for five days till 6th October 2017. 50 free eye check-up camps have been set up on identified national highways.
5. Which state launches ‘Mathru Purna’ scheme for pregnant women?
Answer: A – Karnataka – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, Karnataka Chief Minister Mr.Siddaramaiah launched ‘Mathru Poorna’ scheme, for nutritional wellness of pregnant and lactating women in rural areas, at Vidhan Soudha, in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
6. Recently PM Modi lays foundation stone of AIIMS, IIIT in which state?
A. Arunachal Pradesh
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B – Himachal Pradesh – Explanation: On October 3, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Bilaspur and International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) at Una in Himachal Pradesh.
7. Recently Sumitra Mahajan attended special parliamentary session in which country?
B. Sri Lanka
Answer: B – Sri Lanka – Explanation: Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan attended a special parliamentary session in Sri Lanka that is being convened to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of Sri Lankan Parliament.
8. Recently in which country a statue of Mahatma Gandhi was unveiled to mark his 148th birth anniversary?
Answer: C – Wales – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, a statue of Mahatma Gandhi was unveiled to mark his 148th birth anniversary, in Cardiff, Wales. The Mahatma Gandhi statue weighs 300 kg. It is 6 feet tall. It is made of Indian bronze.
9. Recently India and which country to conduct first joint tiger count through camera tapping?
Answer: A – Nepal – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, Nepal and India planned to conduct a joint head count of tigers in Nepal and areas in India adjoining Nepal using same technology.
10. Recently which country launches ‘world’s biggest & most powerful’ nuclear icebreaker Ship?
Answer: A – Russia – Explanation: In a bid to reinforce its leadership in the Arctic, Russia has launched world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ship named Sibir (Siberia). It was launched into the water at the Baltic Shipyard in St Petersburg.
11. Credit Rating Agency Fitch Ratings has lowered India’s economic growth forecast for Financial Year 2017-18 to _________ percentage from 7.4 percentage.
Answer: B – 6.9% – Explanation: Credit Rating Agency Fitch Ratings has lowered India’s economic growth forecast for Financial Year 2017-18 to 6.9 % from 7.4% after the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth was lower than expected in the April-June 2017 quarter (at 5.7% vs. 6.1% in previous quarter).
12. Recently which Ministry awarded as the best department in ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’?
A. Finance Ministry
B. Agriculture Ministry
C. Health Ministry
D. None of the above
Answer: C- Health Ministry – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare was awarded as the best department for its contribution during ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’, in New Delhi.
13. Recently who won the 2017 Nobel Prize in the field of Physics for their pioneering role in the detection of gravitational waves at Stockholm, Sweden?
A. Rainer Weiss
B. Barry Barish
C. Kip Thorne
D. All of the above
Answer: D – All of the above – Explanation: On October 3, 2017, US scientists Rainer Weiss, Barry Barish and Kip Thorne won the 2017 Nobel Prize in the field of Physics for their pioneering role in the detection of gravitational waves at Stockholm, Sweden. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has announced the winners of the 9 million Swedish crown ($1.1 million) award.
14. President appoints Commission under whom to Examine Sub Categorization of OBCs?
A. Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal
B. Former Chief Justice G Rohini
C. Acting Chief Justice Rakesh Tiwari
D. Justice Debasish Kar Gupta
Answer: B – Former Chief Justice G Rohini – Explanation: On 2nd October 2017, President Ram Nath Kovind appointed a five member Commission under Delhi High Court’s former Chief Justice G Rohini to examine sub categorization of Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
15. Recently who join Hands with FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament as Official Partners?
A. Maruti Suzuki
B. Hyundai India
C. Mahindra & Mahindra
D. TATA Motors
Answer: B – Hyundai India – Explanation: Hyundai India has announced that it will be official transportation partner for the upcoming FIFA U17 World Cup Tournament which starts from October 6, 2017 in India.