This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on October 17 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Seventeenth October 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : October 17 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : October 17 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :October 17 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state police launches foot patrolling in all districts?
- A. West Bengal
- B. Punjab
- C. Gujarat
- D. Haryana
Answer: B – Punjab – Explanation: On October 16, 2017, Punjab police launched foot patrolling i.e. an initiative whereby police personnel will patrol designated areas on foot to keep a watch on anti-social elements. This initiative has been launched in all districts of Punjab. Objective of foot patrolling is to reduce incidence of crime by increasing the presence of police in vulnerable locations.
2. Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister _________________ recently reviewed Project CHAMAN during a presentation on the project in New Delhi.
- A. Radha Mohan Singh
- B. Nitin Gadkari
- C. Smriti Zubin Irani
- D. Prakash Jvedakar
Answer: A – Radha Mohan Singh – Explanation: On 16th October 2017, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh reviewed Project CHAMAN during a presentation on the project in New Delhi. In order to provide strategic development to the horticulture sector, and to increase farmers income, a pioneer project called CHAMAN, was launched 3 years ago by the Government.
3. Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman commissioned India’s third indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) corvette ___________ into the Indian Navy.
- A. INS Kavaratti
- B. INS Veer
- C. INS Kiltan
- D. INS Vipul
Answer: C – INS Kiltan – Explanation: On October 16, 2017, Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman commissioned India’s third indigenously built Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) corvette INS Kiltan into the Indian Navy. The commissioning ceremony was held at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh and was attended by Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba.
4. Recently veteran filmmaker, Lekh Tandon, passed away at the age of ______.
- A. 75 Years
- B. 88 Years
- C. 93 Years
- D. 69 Years
Answer: B – 88 Years – Explanation: On 15th October 2017, veteran filmmaker, Lekh Tandon, passed away at his residence in Powai, Mumbai. Lekh Tandon was bed-ridden for the last five to six months and was fed through a pipe. He died on 15thOctober 2017. His funeral was held in Powai on 16th October 2017. He was 88 years old. He was born in Lahore in 1929. Some of his famous movies are Professor (in 1962), Prince (in 1969), Ek Baar Kaho and Agar Tum Na Hote.
5. Recently India’s first Olympic swimmer, Shamsher Khan passed away at the age of _______.
- A. 87 Years
- B. 95 Years
- C. 73 Years
- D. 79 Years
Answer: A – 87 Years – Explanation: On 15th October 2017, India’s first Olympic swimmer, Shamsher Khan passed away in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur district. Shamsher Khan suffered from prolonged illness. He was 87 years old. He is survived by three daughters and two sons. Shamsher Khan represented India in 1956 Melbourne Olympics. He died at his house in Islampur, a small village near Repalle, in Guntur.
6. Recently poet Punyaslok Dasgupta passed away at the age of ______.
- A. 77 Years
- B. 82 Years
- C. 59 Years
- D. 66 Years
Answer: D – 66 Years – Explanation: On 15th October 2017, poet Punyaslok Dasgupta, died of kidney ailment at a hospital in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. Punyaslok Dasgupta was 66 years old. He is survived by his daughter. He was known for his simplicity and was loved by the common man. Dasgupta did not follow any particular poetry style. Some of his important works are ‘Kuashar Bagan’ and ‘Chander Sangeet’.
7. Recently with which country Pakistan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to improve border security between the two countries?
- A. Afghanistan
- B. Iran
- C. Bangladesh
- D. India
Answer: B – Iran – Explanation: Pakistan and Iran have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to improve border security between the two countries. This MoU was signed in Gwadar, Pakistan during the 21st two-day meeting of Pak-Iran Joint Border Commission.
8. Every year World Food Day observed on ___________.
- A. October 16
- B. October 15
- C. October 17
- D. October 14
Answer: A – October 16 – Explanation: On 16th October 2017, World Food Day was observed all over the world. The theme for World Food Day 2017 is ‘Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development’. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) celebrates World Food Day to mark its creation. FAO was formed on 16th October 1945.
9. Recently National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India signed an investment agreement worth $1 billion with whom?
- A. China Investment Authority (CIA)
- B. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA)
- C. Japan Investment Authority (JIA)
- D. Russia Investment Authority (RIA)
Answer: B – Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) – Explanation: On October 16, 2017, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India signed an investment agreement worth $1 billion with Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA). As a part of this pact, ADIA has become the first institutional investor in NIIF’s Master Fund and a shareholder in NIIF’s investment management company named National Investment and Infrastructure Limited.
10. Credit Ratings firm Moody’s Investors Service has affirmed its ratings on domestic as well as foreign currency bond programmes of _______________ Bank.
- A. State Bank of India (SBI)
- B. Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
- C. United Bank of India (UBI)
- D. Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Answer: A – State Bank of India (SBI) – Explanation: Credit Ratings firm Moody’s Investors Service has affirmed its ratings on domestic as well as foreign currency bond programmes of State Bank of India (SBI). . Moody’s is expecting that SBI’s financial profile will remain stable over the mid-term.
11. Recently which bank signs a deal with Intellect Design for Digital Transaction Banking Platform?
- A. China Bank
- B. Japan Bank
- C. Bangkok Bank
- D. London Bank
Answer: C – Bangkok Bank – Explanation: iGTB (Intellect Global Transaction Banking) a specialist firm of Intellect Design Arena Ltd. has been selected by Bangkok Bank, as a technology partner to implement a comprehensive cash management platform and corporate portal.
12. Recently Textile Ministry tie-up with which online shopping company to promote handloom industry?
- A. Myntra
- B. Jabong
- C. Snapedeal
- D. Flipkart
Answer: A – Myntra – Explanation: On 16th October 2017, E-commerce major Myntra has tied up with the Union Textile Ministry, to work directly with weavers and improve their economic status. Myntra has tied up with the Government, involving some of its partner brands also, to bring artisans and their products online.This has been done in a move to support to the Government’s plan to improve demand for arts and handloom products in India.
13. Which Bollywood actor’s wax statue is to be displayed in Madame Tussauds wax museum in Hong Kong?
- A. Sidharth Kapoor
- B. Varun Dhawan
- C. Ranveer Kapoor
- D. Ranveer Singh
Answer: B – Varun Dhawan – Explanation: Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan’s wax statue is to be displayed in Madame Tussauds wax museum in Hong Kong. Varun Dhawan will unveil his wax statue in the first quarter of 2018. This is his first ever wax figure. Varun Dhawan’s wax statue is the fourth from India to be displayed in Madame Tussauds, Hong Kong. Already wax statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Narendra Modi and Amitabh Bachchan are on display.
14. Recently who gets ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ award?
- A. Gopal Gowda
- B. Dhiraj Choudhury
- C. Jahar Dasgupta
- D. Satish Gujral
Answer: A – Gopal Gowda – Explanation: This year’s ‘Kalakar Puraskar’ instituted by Mandd Sobhann will be conferred on renowned Konkani folk artiste Gopal Gowda. This award was instituted by Mandd Sobhann, to honor Konkani artistes from the fields of folk arts, theatre, music and dance.
15. Recently who becomes first Indian woman wrestler to sign with WWE?
- A. Sakshi Malik
- B. Vinesh Phogat
- C. Kavita Devi
- D. Babita Kumari
Answer: C – Kavita Devi – Explanation: On 15th October 2017, Kavita Devi, a former competitive powerlifter, became the first Indian woman to be signed by the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Jinder Mahal, the current WWE champion, made this announcement in a special visit to New Delhi. Kavitha Devi would begin training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, by January 2018.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: October 17 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics