IIT JAM Biological Sciences (BL) Exam 2018. The JAM Biological Sciences 2018 online examination will be held on February as Computer Based Test (CBT). For Application Form, Admission /Notification, Result, Admit Card, Please refer to IIT JAM 2018 Exam.
IIT JAM Biological Sciences Exam 2018
- This Biological Sciences test paper has a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire question paper is dividedinto three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types.
Biological Sciences (BL) Section – A
- Section – A contains Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. This section has 30 Questions and carry a total of 50 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.30 carry 2 marks each.
Biological Sciences (BL) Section – B
- Section – B contains Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit if he/she selects all the correct choices only and no wrong choices. This section has 10 Questions and carry 2 marks each with a total of 20 marks.
Biological Sciences (BL) Section – C
- Section – C contains Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a real number which needs to be entered using the virtual numerical keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions. This section has 20 Questions and carry a total of 30 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.20 carry 2 marks each.
Biological Sciences (BL) Negative Marking
- Section – A (MCQ): wrong answer will result in NEGATIVE marks. For all 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In Section – B (MSQ), there is NO NEGATIVE and NO PARTIAL marking provisions. There is NO
NEGATIVE marking in Section – C (NAT) as well.
Biological Sciences Syllabus
- Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology: Buffers; trace elements in biological systems; enzymes and proteins; vitamins; biological oxidations, carbohydrates and lipids and their metabolisms; digestion and absorption; detoxifying mechanisms; plant and animal hormones and their action, nervous system, nucleic acids, nature of gene and its function, Genetic code, synthesis of nucleic acids and proteins. Enzyme mechanisms and kinetics, nucleic acid metabolism, photo synthesis.
- General Biology: Taxonomy and physiology, Pro-and eukaryotic organizms; cell organelles and their function; multicellular organization; energy transformations; internal transport systems of plants; respiration; regulation of body fluids and excretory mechanisms; cellular reproduction; Mendelian genetics and heredity; biology and populations and communities; evolution; genesis and diversity of organizms; animal behaviour, plant and animal diseases.
- Structure of biomolecules; intra and intermolecular forces; thermodynamics and kinetics of biological systems, principles of x-ray diffraction, IR and UV spectroscopy and hydrodynamic techniques.
- Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology: Classes of microorganizms and their characterization, nutrient requirement for growth; laboratory techniques in microbiology, pathogenic microorganizms and disease; applied microbiology; viruses, Microbial genetics. Innate and adaptive immunity, antigen antibodies.Cell theory; Cell architecture; methods of cell fractionation; cell division; types of chromosome structure; biochemical genetics- inborn errors of metabolisms; viruses and fungi; principles of processes of development.
- Mathematical Sciences: Mathematical functions (algebraic, exponential, trigonometric), their derivatives (derivatives and integrals of simple functions), permutations and combinations.
|Academic Programme(s)||Institute(s)||Minimum Educational Qualification(s) forAdmission|
|Integrated Ph.D. in Biological Sciences||IISc Bangalore||Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry orPhysics or Mathematics. The candidates should have passed Biology at the Higher Secondary (10+2) level.|
|Integrated Ph.D.in Chemical Sciences||IISc Bangalore||B.Sc. or an equivalent degree with Chemistry asone of the subjects. The candidates should have passed mathematics at the PUC or the Higher Secondary (10+2) level.|
|M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree inBiotechnology||IITB||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/ Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary / Engineering / Medicine (MBBS).The candidate should have passed Mathematics at the Higher Secondary (10+2) level.|
Old Question Papers
JAM Biological Sciences Previous Year Question Papers with Answer keys
- Here you can find all of the IIT JAM Biological Sciences previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for Science Entrance preparation. This Year on 2016 IIT JAM Biological Sciences written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has Last IIT JAM Biological Sciences 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
|Previous Year||Question Papers||Solution / Answer Keys|
IIT JAM Biological Sciences Model Papers 2018:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for IIT JAM Biological Sciences (BL) Test Exam 2018 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in IIT JAM Biological Sciences related exams.
IIT JAM Biological Sciences Mock Test:
- IIT JAM MCQ Biological Sciences Questions Answers for Science Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of IIT JAM BL question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
JAM Biological Sciences Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for IIT JAM Biological Sciences (BL) 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for JAM Biological Sciences Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for Biological Sciences 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
IIT JAM 2018 Books
IIT JAM 2018 Study Materials
[button color=”red” url=”http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=IIT+JAM&tag=httpwwwjlatec-21″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]
|[button color=”red” url=”http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/search?q=IIT+JAM&as=off&as-show=off&affid=INJayChan” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]|
- JAM 2018
- 2 JAM 2018 Eligibility
- 3 JAM Syllabus | Exam Pattern:
- 4 Question Papers
- 5 JAM Admit Card 2018:
- 6 JAM Score Card / Rank List:
- 7 IIT JAM Answer Keys 2018
- 8 Website Addresses:
- Sarkari Naukri Recruitment 2019 Today
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification 2019
- Latest Govt. Jobs in Last 7 Days
- General Knowledge Quiz (Mock Test)
- Month Wise Latest General Knowledge (GK) Question Answers 2016
- Reasoning & Aptitude Question Answers
- General English Language Question Answers