NIMCET 2020 – NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2020 test for admission into Master of Computer Applications Programme (MCA) offered by 11 participating National Institutes of Technology (NITs) at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal, for the year 2020-21.
- National Institute of Technology (NITs) are premier Technical Institutions of National repute and are fully funded by Government of India. The NIMCET (National Institutes of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test) is a national level entrance test conducted by NITs for admission to their MCA programme. NIMCET is conducted by NITs on rotational basis.
NIMCET 2020 Exam Date:
- This entrance test is conducted by NITs . NIMCET generally held in the month of May. Last year it was conducted on May 31st 2015.
NIMCET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates should apply for NIMCET-2020 through ‘Online’ only. Application starts from February.
- Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the website www.nitt.edu.
- Candidates should register on NIMCET-2020 website with login, password and then fill all the details as per the Online Form.
- After successful filling of data online and pressing submit button, a complete application form with unique application number will be generated. Candidate must quote this unique application number in future correspondences till the test is conducted.
NIT MCA Admission 2020:
- The candidates who will appeared and obtained marks in NIMCET-2020 will be allotted ranks by adopting the criteria. The candidates who obtained rank in NIMCET-2020 only shall be eligible for admission into MCA programme at the participating institutes.
NIMCET 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree of Full Time 3 years duration from a recognized University. Candidates should have secured at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA in Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics as one of the subjects in any one semester/year, both in graduation and at 10+2 level. For SC/ST candidates the percentage of marks required is 55% (6.0/10 CGPA).
- Those candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examinations are also eligible to appear for the test on condition that, they have to furnish proof of having passed in the qualifying examination with 60% marks, at the time of admission. Indian nationals only are eligible to appear for the NIMCET.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The duration of NIMCET-2015 examination is TWO hours
- NIMCET is a multiple choice objective type test.
- Candidates have to mark the correct responses in the OMR sheets.
- The test consists of 120 objective type questions each carrying equal marks.
- Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to NEGATIVE ONE mark.
These 120 multiple choice questions can be divided into four sections as mentioned below:
- Mathematics (40 questions)
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning (50 questions)
- Computer Awareness (15 questions)
- General English (15 questions)
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus:
MATHEMATICS: (50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
- The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions)
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
Old Question Papers
NIMCET Previous Year Question Papers with answer keys
- Here you can find all of the NIMCET previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for MCA Entrance Exam preparation. This Year on 2015 NIMCET written test was NOT conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has NIMCET Last 10 to 20 Years previous question paper with solution can share with us.
NIMCET Model Papers 2020:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2020 for NIT MCA Test Exam 2020 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in NIMCET related exams.
|General Awareness||General English||Mathematics||Analytical Ability/Logical Reasoning|
NIMCET Online Practice Test:
- NIMCET MCQ Questions Answers for MCA Entrance Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
NIMCET 2020 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for NIMCET MCA Entrance 2020 For the Admission into Master of Computer Applications (MCA) 2020 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for NIMCET Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for NIMCET 2020 syllabus wise subjects description and solution.We have found some best NIMCET books in online you can check below.
NIMCET 2020 Books
NIMCET 2020 Study Materials
NIMCET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards. In case the Admit Card is not available for downloading, the candidates should send an e-mail to NITS help email id just before the exam date giving details of the candidate’s application number and proof for remittance of fee. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
- Candidate must preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case. Application number should be quoted in all subsequent correspondences.
NIMCET 2020 Result & Rank List
- NIMCET Result 2020 will be announced on June 2019. http://www.nitt.edu/
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½ , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2020 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate. In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
|Address||National Institute of Technology Agartala Barjala, Jirania-799046, Tripura(W)|
|Phone||Ph: +91-381-2348546 Fax: +91-381-2348546|
|Test Period||National Institutes of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test (NIT-MCA-EE 2020) is generally held in Month of May|
- Sarkari Naukri Recruitment 2020 Today
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification 2020
- Latest Govt. Jobs in Last 7 Days
- General Knowledge Quiz (Mock Test)
- Month Wise Latest General Knowledge (GK) Question Answers 2016
- Reasoning & Aptitude Question Answers
- General English Language Question Answers