Bihar GK & Current Affairs 2017 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Bihar Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Bihar state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c.
- 1 Bihar GK & Current Affairs 2017
- 1.1 Bihar GK (General Knowledge)
- 1.2 Bihar GK Question Answers
- 1.2.1 What’s the name of a State which was part of southern Bihar?
- 1.2.2 Which state having highest number of youngsters of their population?
- 1.2.3 From which the name Bihar is derived and What’s the meaning of Bihar?
- 1.2.4 Which university was the Oldest university on earth is reborn after 800 years
- 1.2.5 When and How Patna was founded?
- 1.2.6 Who is Guru Gobind Singh?
- 1.2.7 World’s longest free Wi-Fi zone in Patna
- 1.3 Bihar Current Affairs 2017 Question Answers
Bihar GK & Current Affairs 2017
The following Bihar General Knowledge & Current Affairs 2017 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) question answers will be updated every month. This will helps all the candidates for preparing any Bihar govt. Jobs 2017 even Bihar state basis exam, where question comes from Bihar states only like BE TET .
Bihar GK (General Knowledge)
March 31, 1936
Number of Districts
Name of Governor
Keshari Nath Tripathi
Current Chief Minister
Total Area & Rank
36,357 sq mi & 13th Rank
Population & Rank (2011)
103,804,637 & 3rd Rank
Bihar GK Question Answers
What’s the name of a State which was part of southern Bihar?
- Answers : In 2000, southern Bihar was separated from Bihar to form the new state of Jharkhand
Which state having highest number of youngsters of their population?
- Answers : Bihar Sate : Almost 58% of Biharis are below the age of 25, which is the highest proportion of youngsters of the population of any state in India.
From which the name Bihar is derived and What’s the meaning of Bihar?
- The name Bihar is derived from the Sanskrit and Pali word, Vihara (Devanagari: विहार), which means “abode”.
Which university was the Oldest university on earth is reborn after 800 years
- THE history of Nalanda, the ancient university town of Bihar, goes back to the days of Buddha and Mahavira in the Sixth Century B.C. The town was home to Nalanda Mahavihara, a monastic university of international repute.
- The third and most destructive attack came when the ancient Nalanda University was destroyed by the Muslim army led by the Turkish leader Bakhtiyar Khilji in 1193.
When and How Patna was founded?
- Patna was founded in 490 BCE by the king of Magadha. Ancient Patna, known as Pataliputra, was the capital of the Magadha Empire
Who is Guru Gobind Singh?
- Guru Gobind Singh (22 December 1666 – 7 October 1708), the tenth Guru of the Sikhs, was born as Gobind Rai in Patna
World’s longest free Wi-Fi zone in Patna
- 20km free Wi-Fi zone, the longest across the globe, you can now access the internet free of cost.
Bihar Current Affairs 2017 Question Answers
In which state, Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh announced that centre is mulling to set up National Research Centre for Banana? (June)
- Answer : Bihar
Which government signed a MoU with Bangkok-based Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC) to implement the Roadmap for Disaster Risk Reduction? (June)
- Answer : Bihar
How many Indian heritage sites of Historical importance is announced for the first time by World Heritage Committee? (June)
- Answer : .3
For the first time World Heritage Committee (WHC) announced the adding of three new Indian heritage sites of Historical importance to the World Heritage List by the WHC . They are Khangchendzonga National Park (KNP)- Sikkim, Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University)- Bihar and The Capital Complex in Chandigarh
Bihar Cadre IAS Officer CK Mishra has been appointed as Secretary to which Department? (June)
- Answer – Health
Who has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court by Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind? (June)
- Answer – Iqbal Ahmed Ansari
Which Government launched the Public Grievance Redressal Act enabling people to get their grievances redressed within a specific time period in the state? (June)
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in which state? (June)
Which State Chief Minister initiated the special commission to protect against the Child Labour named as Child Labour Tracking System? (July)
State Run Power Equipment Manufacturer Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has commissioned 195 MW unit in which State? (July)
Asian Development Bank accorded $500 million to build bridge over India’s longest river bridge is in which State? (July)
- Answer:Bihar : Asian Development Bank accorded $500 million to build bridge over Ganga which is India’s longest river bridge is in Bihar having distance of 9.8 km road.
Who is honoured with professorship by the Nanjing Audit University which is recognised by the Institute of Internal Auditors in China ? (July)
- Ans: B.Shashi Kant Sharma
The Indian Comptroller and Auditor General Shashi Kant Sharma has been conferred honorary professorship by the Nanjing Audit University in China. Shashi Kant Sharma is a 1976 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the Bihar cadre. He had succeeded Vinod Rai as the CAG, supreme federal auditor in 2013.
Which Government has decided to prohibit the manufacture and distribution of any type of Gutka and Pan masala for a period of one year? (May 2016)
- Answer – Bihar
Which poet was chosen for the Bihari Puraskar Award of 2015? (March 2016)
- Answer : Bhagwathi Lal Vyas
Explanation: Eminent poet Bhagwathi Lal Vyas has been chosen for the Bihari Puraskar Prize in the year 2015 for his anthology poems ‘Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad’
State election commissioner has made toilets a mandatory requirement for eligibility to contest panchayat elections in which state? (Jan 2016)
- Answer – Bihar
Which state govt has approved 35 per cent reservation for women in government jobs? (Jan 2016)
- Correct Answer – Bihar
Explanation – Bihar Government has approved 35 per cent reservation for women in government jobs in the state including reserved and unreserved category.
State election commissioner has made toilets a mandatory requirement for eligibility to contest panchayat elections in which state? (Dec 2015)
- Answer – Bihar
Who has been elected as the Bihar assembly Speaker ? (Dec 2015)
- Answer– Vijay Kumar Chaudhary
In a bid to control pollution, Bihar Government has banned 15-year-old diesel vehicles in which of its city ? (Dec 2015)
- Answer – Patna
Bihar CM announces ban on liquor sale from April 2016. Who is the CM of Bihar ? (Nov 2015)
- Answer – Nitish Kumar
Name the author of book titled “Ruled or Misruled: Story and Destiny of Bihar”. (October 2015)
- Answer : Santosh Singh
Who has been elected as the President of Bihar Cricket Association (BCA)? (September 2015)
- Answer B. Abdul Bari Siddiqui
On World Tourism Day observed on 27th September 2015, government of India announced free entry for tourists to 200 ticketed monuments and museums across India except? (September 2015).
- Answer Bihar
Dedicated Freight Corridor to commission its first 56 km stretch in ____? (August 2015)
- Answer Bihar
Which state on 3 February 2015 decided to provide free education to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and girl students till Post Graduation level?
- Answer Bihar
State Government of Bihar on 6 January 2015 decided to grant child care leave for women government employees. The child care leave was granted for how many days?
- Answer 730 days
Bihar Government on 6 January 2015 increased the duration of maternity leave to 180 days from
- Answer C. 135 days
Don not forget to check the following topics
Be the first to leave a review.