West Bengal State Level Selection Test i.e. WB SLST Exam 2018 by westbengalssc.com. Candidates can found SLST 2018 Notification, Syllabus, New Rules, Apply Application Form e.t.c. 1st State Level Selection Test for Recruitment of Assistant Teachers 2018 in Govt. aided / sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools.
WB SLST Exam 2018
- The 1 st State Level Selection Test (SLST) is scheduled to be held for recruitment to the Posts of Assistant Teachers in recognized Non-Govt. Govt. aided / sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools in West Bengal against the vacancies available under the W.B. School Service Commission (State Level Selection Test for Appointment to the posts of Assistant Teachers in Secondary or Higher Secondary Schools) Rules, 2018, received from Commissioner of School Education , West Bengal vide No. 190/GA dated : 10.02.2016.
Updates on 24/09/2016 :
The West Bengal Central School Service Commission will hold 1st SLST -2018 for appointment of Assistant Teachers for Classes IX-X and Classes XI-XII in Govt. aided/sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools. The date of the said examination will be notified in due course.
WB SLST Vacancy 2018
>>Classes – IX-X – 10233
>>Classes – XI-XII – 6296
- Fess to the tune of Rs.250 for General & OBC candidates and Rs.80/- for Reserved category.
WB SLST Exam Date 2018
- W.B. School Service Commission (WBSSC) is going to conducted the State Level Selection Test (SLST) written examination. The written SLST exam date will be announced shortly.
|Examination Name||Full Marks||Duration||Provisional Date|
The State level Selection Test 2018 for Appointment to the post of Asst. Teachers of Hons./PG, Work Education and Physical Education
|55 (MCQ type) (1 question will carry 1 mark and no negative marking)||1 Hour||To be notified later on in WBCSSC – Website, in Newspapers and at all the offices of the Commission.|
SLST 2018 Vacancies
- The SLST vacancies indicated are tentative and the final reported vacancies in the posts of Assistant Teachers shall be published during the publication of the result of the Written Test.
TENTATIVE VACANCIES FOR 1st State Level Selection Test for Recruitment of Assistant Teachers (IX-X Level ) in Govt. aided / Sponsored Schools.
|SUBJECT NAME||VACANCY COUNT||DOWNLOAD|
TENTATIVE VACANCIES FOR 1st State Level Selection Test for Recruitment of Assistant Teachers (XI-XII Level) in Govt. aided / Sponsored Schools.
|SUBJECT NAME||VACANCY COUNT||DOWNLOAD|
|BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE (PG)|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE (PG)|
|HOME MANAGEMENT & NURSING (PG)|
|HOME SCIENCE (PG)|
|POLITICAL SCIENCE (PG)|
|COMPUTER APPLICATION (PG)|
|ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY (PG)|
|FINE ARTS & CRAFT (PG)|
SLST 2018 Application Form
Submission mode: Only through Online Application.
- a) Website: www.westbengalssc.com
- b) Online Applicability and date: 19-02-2016 (5pm) to 15-03-2016 (5pm)
Fees for Examination:
- (a) Application fees for General & OBC-A/OBC-B candidates: 250 /-
- (b) Application fees for reserve (SC/ST/ PH-VH/PH-HI/PH-OH) candidates: 80 /-
[Bank charge of Rs 5/- is also applicable with fees as mentioned above in sl no (a) or (b)] Fees once remitted shall not be refunded or adjusted in future test under any
Date of Fees payment
- i) Fees Payment : Through printed Cash e-Challan, during office hours at
any branch of Allahabad Bank in West Bengal after 24hours of successful submission
of Online Application till 19-03-2016.
- ii) Allahabad Bank Branch list will be available at www.westbengalssc.com
Candidates will be allowed to apply only in one subject under any one medium of instructions.
SLST Exam Question Pattern 2018
- LANGUAGE OF THE QUESTION PAPER: Other than language subjects,
question paper shall be bilingual (English & Bengali).
- Total 55 multiple choice question (MCQ). Each question carrying 1(one) mark. The candidates will have to darken the circles with Black Ball point Pen for correct response for each item on the specific OMR sheet provided for the purpose. There will be no negative marking.
- Standard of Examination will be of Honours Level for Hons/PG Posts and of Pass Level for Work Education / Physical Education Posts.
Manner of Selection of Asst Teachers (H/PG) and Physical Education & Work Education Teachers : –
- A) Selection to the posts of the Asst Teachers shall be made strictly on the basis of merit. The merit will be determined by the results of the State Level Selection Test comprising written examination (MCQ Type), evaluation of academic qualifications including professional qualifications and personality test of the candidates in the manner as specified in the following schedule :
|1.||Written Examination (MCQ Type)||55 Marks|
|2.||Academic qualification including professional qualifications||35 Marks|
|3.||Personality Test (Appearance before the Personality Test Board is Compulsory)||10 Marks|
SLST Syllabus 2018
SLST Eligibility Qualification 2018
Minimum Marks required for appearing at recruitment examination in respect of Assistant Teachers for the Posts of Honours Graduate/ Post Graduate Teachers is
- i. Honours Graduate/Post Graduate with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from UGC recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized institution; or
- ii. Honours Graduate / Post Graduate with at least 45% marks (or its equivalent) from UGC recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from National Council for Teacher Education recognized institution in accordance with the National Council for Teacher Education (Form of application for recognition, the time limit of admission of application, determination of norms and standards for recognition of teacher education programmes and permission to start new course or training) Regulations, 2002 notified on
13.11.2002 and National Council for Teacher Education (Regulation norms and procedure) Regulations , 2007 notified on 10.12.2007. or;
- iii. Honours Graduate/Post Graduate with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from UGC recognized University and B.A. Ed. /B.Sc.Ed from any National Council for Teachers’ Education recognized institution.
- iv. Relaxation of 5% of marks for Reserved Category Candidates.
SLST Work Education Teacher Qualification 2017
Minimum Marks required for appearing at recruitment examination in respect of Assistant Teacher for the Posts of graduate in Work Education in school :
- i. Graduate from a UGC recognized University with Post Graduate Basic Training or Work Education as a subject in Bachelor of Education in regular course from a Teachers’ Training Institution duly recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE); or
- ii. Graduate with Degree or Diploma in Art and craft from any UGC Recognized
University/ any UGC recognized educational Institution affiliated to any
University ; or
- iii. Graduate with Degree or Diploma in Tailoring and needle work from any Institution duly recognized by any UGC recognized University/ from any UGC recognized University ; or
- iv. Graduate from UGC recognized University with at least two years Degree or
Diploma in the Work Education curriculum awarded by any UGC recognized
University ; or;
- v. Graduate Degree in Home Science or Agriculture or Graduate in Computer Science or Information Technology or Software systems from any UGC recognized University ; or
- vi. Graduate in General Stream in Arts/Science/Commerce with Computer Science or Computer Application as a subject of at least 300 marks at the degree level from any UGC recognized University;
SLST Physical Education Teacher Qualification 2018
Minimum Marks required for appearing at recruitment examination in respect of Assistant Teacher for the Posts of Pass Graduate Physical Education in School :
- i. Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education as an elective subject with 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree with Physical Education as an elective subject with 45% marks and participation in National or State or Inter-University competitions in sports or games or
- athletics recognized by Association of Indian University or Indian Olympic Association; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with 45% marks and having participated in National or
State or Inter-University sports or games or athletics; or
for details check advertisment
SLST Age Limit 2018
- As on 1st January 2018, candidate’s age should be minimum 20 years and maximum 40 years. Upper age limit is As on 1st January 2018, candidate’s age should be minimum 20 years and maximum 40 years.8
- Upper age limit is however relaxable by 5 years for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Candidates, 3 Years for Other Backward Class Candidates and 8 years for the Physically Handicapped Candidates, and up to 55 years of age as on 01.01.2016 for approved teaching and Non-Teaching Staff in recognized Govt aided/ Sponsored /Jr. High / High / Higher Secondary Schools approved by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education / West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
Old Question Papers
SLST Previous Years Question Papers with answer keys
- For the first time West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) conducting SLST exam, where the question booklet will consist of 55 MCQ question, so for the time being you can’t get any WBSSC Assistant Teacher SLST Previous Years Question Paper, but we can help you to get WB SLST Sample question Paper with answer keys, please comment below with your subject.
SLST Admit Card 2018
- WB SLST 2018 Download of Admit Card: Through www.westbengalssc.com & date will be notified later.
- SLST Admit Cards 2018 will be provided to the candidates through Online System.
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be specified on the cover page of the question Booklet or any other instructions as may be printed in the Admit Card/OMR Sheet or may be given by the Officer -in- Charge of the Centre.
SLST 2018 Result
- After, all the Question Booklets and OMR Response Sheets are received by the West Bengal SSC the evaluation shall be done using OMR machine.
- After evaluation, WB SLST result shall be declared Rank-wise, Roll No. wise and category wise.
- The Ranking shall be solely based on the result of SLST 2018 and shall not be valid for ecruitment to the Posts of Assistant Teachers in recognized Non-Govt. Govt. aided / sponsored Secondary/Higher Secondary Schools in West Bengal.
- This Ranking will be drawn to give an approximate idea to the candidate with regard to his/her relative position only based on SLST 2018.
- The SLST Result 2018 will be available on official website of West Bengal School Service Commission.
Candidates Help Line
Official Website : http://www.westbengalscc.com
Help Line Ph No.for Application Form Fill up related Queries : – 033-2321-4550/9051176500/9051174600/9051174700/9830454218