Gujarat GK & Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Gujarat Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Gujarat state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c.
- 1 Gujarat GK & Current Affairs 2018
- 1.1 Gujarat GK (General Knowledge)
- 1.2 Gujarat GK Question Answers
- 1.2.1 Where the India’s first port was established?
- 1.2.2 What was the first capital of Gujarat?
- 1.2.3 Where is the largest shipbreaking yard?
- 1.2.4 Where is the largest IP-based ICT network?
- 1.2.5 What’s GIFT?
- 1.2.6 What is KAPS and Where it is?
- 1.2.7 Which state in India had largest solar power plant as of January 2012?
- 1.2.8 How many national parks are in Gujarat?
- 1.2.9 Who was the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India?
- 1.2.10 Which day is the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day)?
- 1.3 Gujarat Current Affairs Question Answers
Gujarat GK & Current Affairs 2018
The following Gujarat General Knowledge & Current Affairs 2018 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) question answers will be updated every month. This will helps all the candidates for preparing any Gujarat govt. Jobs 2018 even Gujarat state basis exam, where question comes from Gujarat states only like GTET .
Gujarat GK (General Knowledge)
1 May 1960
Number of Districts
Name of Governor
Om Prakash Kohli
Current Chief Minister
|Area||75,685 sq mi|
Population & Rank (2011)
60,383,628 & 9th Rank
Gujarat GK Question Answers
The oldest written record of Gujarat’s 2,000-year maritime history is documented in which Greek book?
- Periplus of the Erythraean Sea or Periplus of the Red Sea
Where the India’s first port was established?
- The ancient city of Lothal was where India’s first port was established. Lothal is a port city that is believed to have been found in today’s Ahmadabad district of Gujarat.
What was the first capital of Gujarat?
- The first capital of Gujarat was Ahmedabad; the capital was moved to Gandhinagar in 1970.
Where is the largest shipbreaking yard?
- The world’s largest shipbreaking yard is in Gujarat near Bhavnagar at Alang.
Where is the largest IP-based ICT network?
- The Gujarat owned Wide Area Network is the largest IP-based ICT network in Asia Pacific Region and second largest in the world.
- GIFT Diamond Tower is a skyscraper approved for Gujarat International Finance Tec-City in Gandhinagar in the Indian state of Gujarat. The complex is expected to be completed by 2017.
What is KAPS and Where it is?
- The Kakrapar Atomic Power Station(KAPS) is a nuclear power station run by NPCIL that lies in the proximity of the city of Surat.
Which state in India had largest solar power plant as of January 2012?
How many national parks are in Gujarat?
- Gujarat has four national parks and 21 sanctuaries.
Who was the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India?
- Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel ( 31 October 1875 – 15 December 1950)
Which day is the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day)?
- An annual commemoration of Patel, known as the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day), was introduced by the Government of India in 2014 and is to be held annually on his birthday, 31 October.
Gujarat Current Affairs Question Answers
Which renowned artist who is worked in Indian modern art died at Vadodara because of physical illness? (July)
- Answer .K.G.Subramanyan
Renowned artist K.G. Subramanyan, credited with being one of the pioneers of Indian modern art, passed away in Vadodara, Gujarat following a brief illness. He was 92. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2012.
What is the name of the Book which has released by Scientists of Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE) to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi? (July)
- Answer –The Birds of Banni Grassland
Gujarat Government is set to launch the mobile app ____________ by August 15 to put most of the services on the fingertips of citizen. (July)
- Answer –Digital Gujarat
On approval of Paris Agreement on climate change, the Nuclear power Corporation of India Ltd has initiated to build six reactors in which State by 2017? (June)
- Answer – Gujarat
Which Government has initiated the Information Technology and Electronic based Start-up policy to support and provide financial assistance? (June)
- Answer – Gujarat
_________ government announced a government resolution (GR) granting minority status to the Jain community. (May 2016)
- Answer – Gujarat
The state government is now all set to launch its grid-connected Rooftop Solar Power Project with an aim of scaling up the present solar power generation in ___________. (May 2016)
- Answer – Gujarat
The State Government of _____________announced officially its “Agri Business Policy” in order promotes food processing and agriculture waste management during the festival of 2016 Krishi Mahotsav. (May 2016)
- Answer – Gujarat
Which of the two Indian states top the export contributing to 46% of the total exports of India? (March 2016)
- Gujarat & Maharashtra
Which state has proposed to set up the first organic farming university? (March 2016)
- Gujarat is going to be the first state to set up a University exclusively focused Organic Farming. The place may be chosen near to agriculture Kamdhenu University in Gandhinagar district.
Which state tops the list released by NACER with highest investment potential? (March 2016)
Gujarat is ranked in which position based on the sex ratio revealed in the 2011 census? (March 2016)
- 22 – With 919 females for every 1000 males, Gujarat ranked 22nd among 28 states as per the 2011 Census. The sex ratio of Gujarat was 919 against the National sex ratio which is 943.
International kite festival has been commenced in which Indian city? (Jan 2015)
- Gujarat.International Kite Festival began at Surat and Rajkot in Gujarat. Kite-flyers from 31 countries set to participate, which will travel across the state before concluding at the Sabaramati riverfront in Ahmedabad on January 14.
Nirmala Gajwani, who has been recently passed away was the speaker of which state assembly? (Jan 2015)
Which temple is all set to deposit its idle gold in the Gold Monetisation Scheme as its trustees? (Jan 2015)
- Somnath Temple– The Somnath Temple is all set to become Gujarat’s first temple to deposit its idle gold in the Gold Monetisation Scheme as its trustees. The trust has around 35 kg of gold.
Which State Govt will announce its 1st Medical Policy for providing subsidy to those who wish to set up new hospital in the state?(Dec 15)
Which domestic team has clinched the 14th season of Vijay Hazare 2015-16 Cricket Trophy ? (Dec 15)
Which State Election Commission (SEC) has been the first in the country to allow online voting facility for voters of municipal corporation areas of the state? (Dec 15)
Name the eminent bureaucrat who served as the Gujarat Governor and Chief Election Commissioner, has passed away recently? (November 15)
- RK Trivedi
In order to enhance the operational and administrative organizational structure, central government has divided ___________ and _______ states Naval Areas into two Separate Headquarters. (October 2015)
- Maharashtra and Gujarat
President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the National Tourism Awards for 2013-14 at a function held at VigyanBhavan, New Delhi. Which of the following states won first prize in Comprehensive Development of Tourism? (September 2015)
In which city Gujarat philatelic exhibition Gujpex-2015 was inaugurated on 24 March 2015?