IIT JAM Biotechnology (BT) Exam 2018. The JAM Biotechnology 2018 online examination will be held on February as Computer Based Test (CBT). For Application Form, Admission /Notification, Result, Admit Card, Please refer to IIT JAM 2018 Exam.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Exam 2018
- This Biotechnology test paper has a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire question paper is dividedinto three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types.
Biotechnology (BT) Section – A
- Section – A contains Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. This section has 30 Questions and carry a total of 50 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.30 carry 2 marks each.
Biotechnology (BT) Section – B
- Section – B contains Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit if he/she selects all the correct choices only and no wrong choices. This section has 10 Questions and carry 2 marks each with a total of 20 marks.
Biotechnology (BT) Section – C
- Section – C contains Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a real number which needs to be entered using the virtual numerical keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions. This section has 20 Questions and carry a total of 30 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.20 carry 2 marks each.
Biotechnology (BT) Negative Marking
- Section – A (MCQ): wrong answer will result in NEGATIVE marks. For all 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In Section – B (MSQ), there is NO NEGATIVE and NO PARTIAL marking provisions. There is NO
NEGATIVE marking in Section – C (NAT) as well.
- The Biotechnology (BT) test paper comprises of Biology (44% weightage), Chemistry (20% weightage), Mathematics (18% weightage) and Physics (18% weightage).
BIOLOGY (10+2+3 level)
- General Biology: Taxonomy; Heredity; Genetic variation; Conservation; Principles of ecology; Evolution; Techniques in modern biology.
- Biochemistry and Physiology: Carbohydrates; Proteins; Lipids; Nucleic acids; Enzymes; Vitamins; Hormones; Metabolism – Glycolysis, TCA cycle, Oxidative Phosphoryation; Photosynthesis. Nitrogen Fixation, Fertilization and Osmoregulation; Vertebrates-Nervous system; Endocrine system; Vascular system; Immune system; Digestive system and Reproductive System.
- Basic Biotechnology: Tissue culture; Application of enzymes; Antigen-antibody interaction; Antibody production; Diagnostic aids.
- Molecular Biology: DNA; RNA; Replication; Transcription; Translation; Proteins; Lipids and Membranes; Operon model; Gene transfer.
- Cell Biology: Cell cycle; Cytoskeletal elements; Mitochondria; Endoplasmic reticulum; Chloroplast; Golgi apparatus; Signaling.
- Microbiology: Isolation; Cultivation; Structural features of virus; Bacteria; Fungi; Protozoa; Pathogenic micro-organizms
CHEMISTRY (10+2+3 level)
- Atomic Structure: Bohr’s theory and Schrodinger wave equation; Periodicity in properties; Chemical bonding; Properties of s, p, d and f block elements; Complex formation; Coordination compounds; Chemical equilibria; Chemical thermodynamics (first and second law); Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second and third order reactions); Photochemistry; Electrochemistry; Acid-base concepts; Stereochemistry of carbon compounds; Inductive, electromeric, conjugative effects and resonance; Chemistry of Functional Groups: Hydrocarbons, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines and their derivatives; Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro and amino compounds, phenols, diazonium salts, carboxylic and sulphonic acids; Mechanism of organic reactions; Soaps and detergents; Synthetic polymers; Biomolecules – amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates (polysaccharides); Instrumental techniques – chromatography (TLC, HPLC), electrophoresis, UV-Vis, IR and NMR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry.
MATHEMATICS (10+2 level)
- Sets, Relations and Functions, Mathematical Induction, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Linear and Quadratic equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight lines and Family, Circles, Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Mathematical Logic, Statistics, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vectors, Matrices and Determinants, Boolean Algebra, Probability, Functions, limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Application of Derivatives, Definite and Indefinite Integrals, Differential Equations.
PHYSICS (10+2 level)
- Physical World and Measurement, Elementary Statics and Dynamics, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Solids and Semiconductor Devices, Principles of Communication, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves
IIT JAM Biotechnology Eligibility
|Integrated Ph.D.in Biological Sciences||IISc Bangalore||Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry orPhysics or Mathematics. The candidates should have passed Biology at the Higher Secondary(10+2) level.|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||IITB, IITR||Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/ Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary / Engineering / Medicine (MBBS).NOTE: For IITB only, the candidates should have passed Mathematics at the Higher Secondary (10+2) level.|
|M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree inBiotechnology||IITB|
|M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering||IITB||Bachelor’s degree with any one of Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for two years/four semesters, and any one of the other four subjects for at least one year/two semesters. The candidate should have passed Mathematics at Higher Secondary (10 +2) level.|
JAM Biotechnology Previous Year Question Papers with answer keys
- Here you can find all of the IIT JAM Biotechnology previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for Science Entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 IIT JAM Biotechnology written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has Last IIT JAM Biotechnology 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Solution / Answer Keys
IIT JAM Biotechnology Model Papers 2018:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for IIT JAM Biotechnology (BT) Test Exam 2018 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in IIT JAM Biotechnology related exams.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Mock Test:
- IIT JAM MCQ Biotechnology Questions Answers for Science Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of IIT JAM BT question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
Biotechnology Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for IIT JAM Biotechnology (BT) 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for JAM Biotechnology Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for Biotechnology 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
IIT JAM BT 2018 Books
IIT JAM BT 2018 Study Materials
- JAM 2018
- 2 JAM 2018 Eligibility
- 3 JAM Syllabus | Exam Pattern:
- 4 Question Papers
- 5 JAM Admit Card 2018:
- 6 JAM Score Card / Rank List:
- 7 IIT JAM Answer Keys 2018
- 8 Website Addresses: