CAT 2018 Result, Shortlist and Admission Selection Process of IIMs. Candidates’ CAT 2018 score card will be made accessible at the CAT website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT results are likely to be declared by second week of January 2019. CAT 2018 score is valid only till December 31, 2019 and will accordingly be accessible on the website. Thereafter, no queries related to the issuance of CAT 2018 score cards will be entertained.
CAT 2018 Result, Shortlist and Admission Selection
Process of IIMs
Information related to CAT 2018 results will be tentatively available starting the second week of January 2019 on this website. The list of candidates shortlisted for the next level of selection will be made available on the website of the respective IIMs. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary across IIMs. Please visit the admission websites of respective IIMs for further information.
- Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may be independent of each other. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Performance in CAT 2018 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may additionally use other factors like the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience, gender and academic diversity and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process.
- The processes, academic cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, refer the admissions policies of IIMs from their respective websites.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for interviews by any IIM, he/she must comply with the following eligibility verification:
Mark Sheets and Degree Certificate
- A candidate must show all the mark sheets and submit attested copies to prove his/her eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if a candidate is selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters/years along with their attested copies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.
Reservation Category Requirements
- If shortlisted for interview, SC, ST, NC-OBC and PwD candidates must show the original caste/class and/or disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview along with the submission requirements as specified in “Mark Sheets and Degree Certificate” section.
Candidates in the Final Year of Graduation
- If shortlisted for interview, candidates appearing for the final bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination must show an original certificate from the Principal/Registrar/Director of the university/Institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks. He/she must submit an attested copy of the original certificate at the time of interview.
- For the Post Graduate Programmes of IIMs, such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme PROVISIONALLY, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements (the results may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit original mark sheet and qualifying degree certificate of having passed the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal/Registrar of their College/Institute. They must obtain at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD category). They also must submit an attested copy of the mark sheets and qualifying degree certificate.
The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 31, 2019. NONFULFILLMENT OF THIS CONDITION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OF THE PROVISIONAL ADMISSION. Provisional admission will also be cancelled if it is found that the certificate is found to be incorrect subsequently.