Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) is the main entrance exam for MBA aspirants to get admission in top B-schools of India like IIMs, S.P. Jain Institute, Kirloskar Institute of Management and other top management schools.
- 1 CAT 2017
- 2 CAT Eligibility 2017 :
- 3 CAT Exam Pattern 2017:
- 4 Old Question Papers
- 5 CAT 2016 Books / Study Materials:
- 6 CAT 2017 Syllabus
- Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), and considered to be the most prestigious B-schools of India.
- Students who want to pursue Post Graduate level Management Degree from world renowned IIM’s takes this test. Performance in Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017), followed by Group Discussions and Personal Interviews, serves as the basis for admission.
- Apart from the IIM’s, a candidate can take admission in many other business schools with a CAT 2017 score.
- CAT 2017 is a computer based online test of multiple-choice based with roughly one-fourth negative-mark penalties for wrong answers, and traditionally comprises three sections that span the domains of arithmetical problem solving, geometry, statistics, data interpretation, logical reasoning, and English language skills.
CAT Exam Date:
- CAT 2017 is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to various levels of management courses like MBA, PGDM etc.
CAT Application Form / Admission: 2017
- The registration window opens on August every year. and will close on September. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2017 website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may be independent of each other.
- The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Performance in CAT 2017 examination is an important component in the admission process.
- IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of the candidates at various stages of the admission process.
- The processes, academic rating cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information you may refer to the admissions policies of IIMS from their respective websites.
CAT Eligibility 2017 :
- The candidate must hold a Bachelors Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)categories], awarded by any of the Universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelors degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidates CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelors degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at Selection Process of IIMs.
- Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account throughout the selection process.
CAT Exam Pattern 2017:
- From the year 2009, CAT 2017 is conducted online as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial.
- No breaks will be given during the test.
- There is negative marking and one fourth marks is deducted for wrong answers.
- The medium of the test is in English language for all candidates. The test has 100 multiple choice questions across two sections.
The two sections are:
- A. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation 50 Questions
- B. Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning 50 Questions
Old Question Papers
CAT Previous Year Question Papers Answers:
- Here you can find all of the CAT previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for MBA Entrance Exam preparation. This Year on 2017 CAT CBT test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
|Previous Year Solution|
CAT Sample Question Papers 2017
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2017 for CAT Test Exam 2016. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in MBA Entrance related exams.
[indeed-social-locker sm_list=’fb,tw,go1,li’ sm_template=’ism_template_1′ sm_list_align=’horizontal’ sm_display_counts=’false’ sm_display_full_name=’true’ locker_template=2 sm_d_text='<p><img class=” aligncenter” src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/model-lock-min1.png” alt=”” data-mce-src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/model-lock-min1.png”></p>’ ism_overlock=’default’ ]
|CAT Sample Paper||Model Paper||Question Bank|
CAT Online Practice Test:
- CAT MCQ Questions Answers for MBA Entrance Test. This mock test having full question SET each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of CAT question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
CAT 2016 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for CAT MBA Entrance Test 2016 For Admission to Masters in Business Administration and Diploma courses 2016 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for CAT Entrance Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for CAT 2016 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best CAT MBA Entrance books in online you can check below.
CAT 2017 Syllabus
Quantative Ability Arithmetic-
- Following topics have greater importance: Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest,Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar,
- Following topics have greater importance: In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry, Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.
Other Mathematical Topics:
- Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations, Combinations,Binomial Expansion, Maxima-Minima Progression, Surds-Indices and Complex numbers, etc.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column,graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.
- Questions from these topics are asked, Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.
- Candidates should have sound knowledge of the following topics: Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.
CAT 2017 Courses
IIM Ahmedabad PGP and PGP-ABM www.iimahd.ernet.in
IIM Bangalore PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM www.iimb.ernet.in
IIM Calcutta PGP-PGDM www.iimcal.ac.in
IIM Indore PG~ PGP-Mumba, PGP-UAEand EPGP www.iimidr.ac.in
IIM Kashipur PGP and EPGPM www.iimkashipur.ac.in
IIM Kozhikode PGP www.iimk.ac.in
IIM Lucknow PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM www.iiml.ac.in
IIM Raipur PGP and PGPWE www.iimraipur.ac.in
IIM Ranchi PGDM and PGDHRM www.iimranchi.ac.in
IIM Rohtak PGP www.iimrohtak.ac.in
RGIIM Shillong PGP and PGPEX www.iimshillong.in
IIM TIruchirappalii PGP, PGPBM and PGPHRM www.iimtrichy.ac.in
IIM Udaipur PGP www.iimu.ac.in
CAT 2017 Dates
Dates for Common Admission Test (CAT) 20II yet to be announced.
|1||Release of Advertisement||27th July 2014 (Sunday)|
|2||Online Registration for CAT||06th August to 30th September 2014|
|3||Admit Card download Window||19th October 1:00 PM to 22nd November 2014|
|4||Test Dates||16th November(Sun) and 22nd November (Sat) 2014|
|5||Release of Results||Third week of December 2014|
CAT 2017 Contact Details
C/O Admission Office
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow,
Prabandh Nagar, Off Sitapur Road, Lucknow 226 013
|Test Period||Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) is generally held in Month of November|
Be the first to leave a review.