Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) is the main entrance exam for MBA aspirants to get admission in top B-schools of India like IIMs, S.P. Jain Institute, Kirloskar Institute of Management and other top management schools.
- Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), and considered to be the most prestigious B-schools of India.
- Students who want to pursue Post Graduate level Management Degree from world-renowned IIM’s takes this test. Performance in Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018), followed by Group Discussions and Personal Interviews, serves as the basis for admission.
- Apart from the IIM’s, a candidate can take admission in many other business schools with a CAT 2018 score.
- CAT 2018 is a computer based online test of multiple-choice based with roughly one-fourth negative-mark penalties for wrong answers, and traditionally comprises three sections that span the domains of arithmetical problem solving, geometry, statistics, data interpretation, logical reasoning, and English language skills.
CAT Exam Date:
- CAT 2018 is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission to various levels of management courses like MBA, PGDM etc.
- AUG 8, 2018, Wednesday CAT 2018 Registration Starts
- Registration ends on Sep 19, 2018 (5:00 PM), Wednesday.
- OCT 24, 2018, Wednesday CAT 2018 Admit Card Download begins at 01:00 PM
- NOV 25, 2018, Sunday CAT 2018 Test Day
CAT Application Form / Admission: 2018
- The registration window opens in August every year. and will close in September. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2018 website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Please note that each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may be independent of each other.
- The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
- Performance in CAT 2018 examination is an important component in the admission process.
- IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of the candidates at various stages of the admission process.
- The processes, academic rating cut-offs and the weights allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across IIMs. For more information, you may refer to the admissions policies of IIMS from their respective websites.
- ₹950 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- ₹1900 for all other categories of candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fees only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 147 test cities. Candidates will be given option to select any four test cities in order of their preference.
CAT Exam Pattern 2018:
- From the year 2009, CAT 2018 is conducted online as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial.
- No breaks will be given during the test.
- There is negative marking and one fourth marks is deducted for wrong answers.
- The medium of the test is in English language for all candidates. The test has 100 multiple choice questions across two sections.
The two sections are:
- A. Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation 50 Questions
- B. Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning 50 Questions
Old Question Papers
CAT 2018 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for CAT MBA Entrance Test 2018 For Admission to Masters in Business Administration and Diploma courses 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for CAT Entrance Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for CAT 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best CAT MBA Entrance books in online you can check below.
CAT 2018 Syllabus
Quantative Ability Arithmetic-
- Following topics have greater importance: Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS,Alligation Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest,Compound Interest, Installment Payments, Clocks, Calendar,
- Following topics have greater importance: In-equations , Quadratic and linear equations, functions, Logarithm Geometry, Mensuration and solid Geometry, Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc),Mensuration, Co-ordinate geometry.
Other Mathematical Topics:
- Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Probability, Permutations, Combinations,Binomial Expansion, Maxima-Minima Progression, Surds-Indices and Complex numbers, etc.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column,graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency etc.
- Questions from these topics are asked, Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Family tree problem , Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series etc.
- Candidates should have sound knowledge of the following topics: Comprehension of passage, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word, Errors in word choice, mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Mood, Conditionals & Multiple Usage , Punctuation, Proverb, Phrasal verb etc.
CAT 2018 Courses
IIM Ahmedabad PGP and PGP-ABM www.iimahd.ernet.in
IIM Bangalore PGP, PGPEM and PGPPM www.iimb.ernet.in
IIM Calcutta PGP-PGDM www.iimcal.ac.in
IIM Indore PG~ PGP-Mumba, PGP-UAEand EPGP www.iimidr.ac.in
IIM Kashipur PGP and EPGPM www.iimkashipur.ac.in
IIM Kozhikode PGP www.iimk.ac.in
IIM Lucknow PGP, PGP-ABM and PGPSM www.iiml.ac.in
IIM Raipur PGP and PGPWE www.iimraipur.ac.in
IIM Ranchi PGDM and PGDHRM www.iimranchi.ac.in
IIM Rohtak PGP www.iimrohtak.ac.in
RGIIM Shillong PGP and PGPEX www.iimshillong.in
IIM TIruchirappalii PGP, PGPBM and PGPHRM www.iimtrichy.ac.in
IIM Udaipur PGP www.iimu.ac.in
CAT 2018 Contact Details
C/O Admission Office
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow,
Prabandh Nagar, Off Sitapur Road, Lucknow 226 013
|Test Period||Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is generally held in Month of November|