GATE AG Exam 2019 | GATE Agricultural Engineering 2019: Syllabus, Eligibility, Previous Year Question Papers Solution, Model Papers, Answer Keys. The students who are seeking their admission in Agricultural Engineering (AG) also called AG course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE AG Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Agricultural Engineering (AG) 2019 (GATE AG 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Agricultural Engineering Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE AG Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Agricultural Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2019
GATE AG Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Agricultural Engineering (AG) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- AG page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Agricultural Engineering exam 2019 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Agricultural Engineering question paper for GATE 2019 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE AG Syllabus 2019
- GATE Agricultural Engineering Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE AG Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Complex variables, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG) :
FARM MACHINERY AND POWER
- Soil tillage; forces acting on a tillage tool; hitch systems and hitching of tillage implements; mechanics of animal traction; functional requirements, principles of working, construction and operation of manual, animal and power operated equipment for tillage, sowing, planting, fertilizer application, inter-cultivation, spraying, mowing, chaff cutting, harvesting, threshing and transport; testing of agricultural machinery and equipment; calculation of performance parameters -field capacity, efficiency, application rate and losses; cost analysis of implements and tractors
- Sources of power on the farm-human, animal, mechanical, electrical, wind, solar and biomass; bio-fuels; design and selection of machine elements – gears, pulleys, chains and sprockets and belts; overload safety devices used in farm machinery; measurement of force, torque, speed, displacement and acceleration on machine elements.
- Thermodynamic principles of I.C. engines; I.C. engine cycles; engine components; fuels and combustion; lubricants and their properties; I.C. engine systems – fuel, cooling, lubrication, ignition, electrical, intake and exhaust; selection, operation, maintenance and repair of I.C. engines; power efficiencies and measurement; calculation of power, torque, fuel consumption, heat load and power losses.
- Tractors and power tillers – type, selection, maintenance and repair; tractor clutches and brakes; power transmission systems – gear trains, differential, final drives and power take-off; mechanics of tractor chassis; traction theory; three point hitches- free link and restrained link operations; mechanical steering and hydraulic control systems used in tractors; human engineering and safety in tractor design; tractor tests and performance.
SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION ENGINEERING
- Ideal and real fluids, properties of fluids; hydrostatic pressure and its measurement; hydrostatic forces on plane and curved surface; continuity equation; Bernoulli’s theorem; laminar and turbulent flow in pipes, Darcy- Weisbach and Hazen-Williams equations, Moody’s diagram; flow through orifices and notches; flow in open channels.
- Engineering properties of soils; fundamental definitions and relationships; index properties of soils; permeability and seepage analysis; shear strength, Mohr’s circle of stress, active and passive earth pressures; stability of slopes.
- Hydrological cycle; meteorological parameters and their measurement, analysis of precipitation data; abstraction from precipitation; runoff; hydrograph analysis, unit hydrograph theory and application; stream flow measurement; flood routing, hydrological reservoir and channel routing.
- Measurement of distance and area; chain surveying, methods of traversing; measurement of angles and bearings, plane table surveying; types of levelling; contouring; instruments for surveying and levelling; computation of earth work.
- Mechanics of soil erosion, soil erosion types; wind and water erosion; factors affecting erosion; soil loss estimation; biological and engineering measures to control erosion; terraces and bunds; vegetative waterways; gully control structures, drop, drop inlet and chute spillways; earthen dams; water harvesting structures, farm ponds, watershed management.
- Soil-water-plant relationship, water requirement of crops; consumptive use and evapo- transpiration; irrigation scheduling; irrigation efficiencies; design of irrigation channels; measurement of soil moisture, irrigation water and infiltration; surface, sprinkler and drip methods of irrigation; design and evaluation of irrigation methods.
- Drainage coefficient; planning, design and layout of surface and sub-surface drainage systems; leaching requirement and salinity control; irrigation and drainage water quality.Groundwater occurrence confined and unconfined aquifers, evaluation of aquifer properties; well hydraulics; groundwater recharge. Classification of pumps; pump characteristics; pump selection and installation.
GATE AG Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Agricultural Engineering 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Agricultural Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE AG 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE AG 2019 Books
GATE AG 2019 Study Materials
GATE AG Exam Last 20 Years Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Agricultural Engineering (AG) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE AG Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE AG Model Papers 2019:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Agricultural Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE AG Online Practice Test:
- GATE AG MCQ Questions Answers for Agricultural Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE AG question answers quiz.
- STAGT Online Mock Test
GATE AG Admit Card 2019
- GATE Agricultural Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE AG Exam 2019.
GATE AG Answer Keys 2019
- GATE Agricultural Engineering 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE AG Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.
Last Updated on by