GATE GOAPS 2017 appsgate.iisc.ernet.in GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) GATE GOAPS 2017 – Login Registration website helps students to apply in GATE exam 2017 for registration of application form.
- 0.1 GATE Application Online 2017
- 1 GATE GOAPS 2017 Issue and Answers
GATE Application Online 2017
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission September 1, 2015 (Tuesday) Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website October 1, 2015 (Thursday) Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login November 20, 2015 (Friday) Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing December 17, 2015 (Thursday) GATE 2017 Online Examination
- Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- (On Saturdays and Sundays only)
January 30 to February 07, 2017 Announcement of Gate Results 2017 March 19, 2017 (Saturday)
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2017 Organizing Institute.
- You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrollment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
GOAPS Enrollment ID:
- Upon registration, an email containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2017 related Communications / website operations.
Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.).
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of your photograph
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Your Net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment.
Problems in Login into GOAPS
–This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrollment ID or did not receive the Enrollment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
In case of forgotten Enrollment ID or non-receipt of Enrollment ID via email,candidate must provide mobile number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide Mobile Number and Enrollment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
In case of forgotten Enrollment ID as well as password or payment has not been made, the candidate must re-enroll. If the payment has been made, then the candidate must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
GATE 2017 Payment Issue
- Multiple Payment issue: Please rest assured that multiple payments will be refunded before 31st October 2015
GATE Application Status
- Before submitting the GATE 2017 Application, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled / uploaded and there is NO ERROR. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed / rectified.
- The current status of an application will be updated after the receipt and scrutiny of the application by the respective zonal GATE Office. This status can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc
- Status “Under Scrutiny”: It is perfectly normal, nothing to worry. All the applications go through scrutiny before we confirm the “Successful Submission”
Certificate from Principal
Final Year Student
- Candidates who mention that they are yet to complete their course, will have to upload a certificate from the Principal. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the college Principal with current date. [This will verify that You are a student of ______ currently pursing ______ Academic year ________ etc]
Candidates with Backlogs
- Candidates, who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2015, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their qualifying degree should
upload a copy of any one of the mark sheets of the final year,
- obtain a declaration from their Principal along with the signature and seal beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.
GATE GOAPS 2017 Issue and Answers
Q1. I have chosen category as OBC, but there is no option to upload the certificate. What should I do?
OBC Certificate is not required by GATE. OBC certificate is required only while taking the admission using the GATE score.
Q2. I have graduated in 2015 but I don’t have my degree certificate or provisional certificate. What document should I Upload for eligibility criteria?
- Copy of your final year marks sheet
- A declaration from your college Principal (or other competent authority) along with the signature and seal. Here is a sample of the format.
Q1. Whatever I do I’m not able to upload my signature. I’m following all the instructions and criteria specified. How do I do?
- It seems to have worked for a lot of candidates. Please check again the format you are trying to upload.
- You may use this example format to upload your signature. You can cut and paste into this file and please do not resize.
Q2. have uploaded a photo with dark background. Is its fine?
- Please wait. During scrutiny of your application we would check your photo. If the photo you have uploaded is not acceptable then you will get an email/SMS. You can then correct the photograph and other details as requested.
- You may use this example format to upload your photo. You can cut and paste into this file and please do not resize.
Q3. When I download my application, my photo or signature is distorted.
- Please don’t worry. This may be a download problem. Most probably, your photo and signature are captured correctly in our system. If not, we shall contact you after scrutiny. Every application is Scrutinized.
GATE 2017 Application Corrections
Q 1. While filling the application I have made some Mistakes. How do I correct them?
- Mobile number and Email id cannot be changed after the submission of the application.
- For small change of an applicant name or parent’s name, please email to your Zonal GATE Office. Any major change in name has to be substantiated with document proof.
Q 2. I have selected a wrong paper, e.g., I have selected PH in my application and actually want to write PE. What should I do?
- File a new application with a new email address (mobile number can be same) and choose the correct paper for examination. Please note that no refund will be made for the incorrect application.
Q 3. I want to change my category. Can it be done?
- Yes, it can be done. For change from GN/ OBC to SC/ ST. You can send email to your Zonal GATE Office. Change will be done with no refund. For change from SC/ ST to GN/ OBC, the procedure will be notified later.
Q 4. I want to make a change in my gender. Can it be done?
- Yes, it can be done. For change from Male/ other to Female, you can send an email to your Zonal GATE Office. Change will be done with no refund. For change from Female to Male/ other, the procedure will be notified later.
Q 5. After submission of application, am I permitted to change my GATE Examination City?
- Requests for change of examination city will be accepted till 20th November, 2015 with a fee of Rs. 400/-(four hundred only) to be paid online using GOAPS. Online payment for this purpose will be enabled in GOAPS after October 15, 2015.
GATE Helpline Number Desk Timings
|Monday to Friday (on Government working days only)|
Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm & 1:45pm – 5:30pm
Apply online for GATE 2017 at
- GATE Exam 2017
- 2 GATE Exam 2017 Date:
- 3 GATE Exam 2017 Application Form:
- 4 GATE Exam 2017 Eligibility
- 5 GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
- 6 GATE Exam 2017 Courses
- 7 GATE Exam 2017 Syllabus
- 8 GATE Previous Year Question Papers
- 9 GATE Exam 2017 Model Papers
- 10 GATE Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- 11 GATE 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- 12 GATE Exam 2017 Admit Card :
- 13 GATE Exam 2017 Score Card :
- 14 GATE Exam 2017 Answer Keys :
- 15 GATE 2017 Dates:
- 16 Address :
Be the first to leave a review.