GATE AR Exam 2017 | Gate Architecture and Planning (AR) 2017 Syllabus, Eligibility, Previous Year Question Papers Solution, Model Papers, Answer Keys, Download: The students who are seeking their admission in also called AR course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017).
- 1 GATE AR Exam 2017
- 2 Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
- 3 Old Papers
- 4 GATE AR Exam Admit Card 2017
- 5 GATE AR Exam Answer Keys 2017
GATE AR Exam 2017
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Architecture and Planning (AR) 2017 (GATE AR 2017), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2017, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE Application Form 2017:
- To apply in GATE Architecture and Planning Exam 2017 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2017”. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE AR Eligibility 2017:
- Bachelor degree holders in Architecture and Planning (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
GATE AR Exam Pattern 2017
- GATE Architecture and Planning (AR) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- AR page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Architecture and Planning exam 2017 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Architecture and Planning question paper for GATE 2017 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE AR Syllabus 2017
GATE Architecture and Planning Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE AR Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- City planning: Evolution of cities; principles of city planning; types of cities & new towns; planning regulations and building byelaws; eco-city concept; sustainable development.
- Housing:Concept of housing; neighbourhood concept; site planning principles; housing typology; housing standards; housing infrastructure; housing policies, finance and management; housing programs in India; self help housing.
- Landscape Design: Principles of landscape design and site planning; history of landscape styles; landscape elements and materials; plant characteristics & planting design; environmental considerations in landscape planning.
- Computer Aided Design:Application of computers in architecture and planning; understanding elements of hardware and software; computer graphics; programming languages – C and Visual Basic and usage of packages such as AutoCAD, 3D-Studio, 3D Max.
- Environmental Studies in Building Science: Components of Ecosystem; ecological principles concerning environment; climate responsive design; energy efficient building design; thermal comfort; solar architecture; principles of lighting and styles for illumination; basic principles of architectural acoustics; environment pollution, their control & abatement.
- Visual and Urban Design: Principles of visual composition; proportion, scale, rhythm, symmetry, harmony, datum, balance, form, colour, texture; sense of place and space, division of space; barrier free design; focal point, vista, image ability, visual survey, figure-background relationship.
- History of Architecture:Indian – Indus valley, Vedic, Buddhist, Indo-Aryan, Dravidian and Mughal periods; European – Egyptian, Greek, Roman, medieval and renaissance periods- construction and architectural styles; vernacular and traditional architecture.
- Development of Contemporary Architecture: Architectural developments and impacts on society since industrial revolution; influence of modern art on architecture; works of national and international architects; art novuea, eclecticism, international styles, post modernism, deconstruction in architecture.
- Building Services:Water supply, sewerage and drainage systems; sanitary fittings and fixtures; plumbing systems, principles of internal & external drainage systems, principles of electrification of buildings, intelligent buildings; elevators & escalators, their standards and uses; air-conditioning systems; fire fighting systems, building safety and security systems.
- Building Construction and Management: Building construction techniques, methods and details; building systems and prefabrication of building elements; principles of modular coordination; estimation, specification, valuation, professional practice; project management techniques e.g., PERT, CPM etc;
- Materials and Structural Systems: Behavioural characteristics of all types of building materials e.g. mud, timber, bamboo, brick, concrete, steel, glass, FRP, different polymers, composites; principles of strength of materials; design of structural elements in wood, steel and RCC; elastic and limit state design; complex structural systems; principles of pre-stressing; tall buildings; principles of disaster resistant structures.
- Planning Theory: Regional planning; settlement system planning; history of human settlements; growth of cities & metropolises; principles of Ekistics; rural-urban migration; urban conservation; urban renewal; Five-year plan; structural and sectoral plan.
- Techniques of Planning: Planning survey techniques; preparation of urban and regional structure plans, development plans, action plans; site planning principles and design; statistical methods of data analysis; application of G.I.S and remote sensing techniques in urban and regional planning; decision making models.
- Traffic and Transportation Planning: Principles of traffic engineering and transportation planning; traffic survey methods; design of roads, intersections, grade separators and parking areas; hierarchy of roads and levels of services; traffic and transport management in urban areas, intelligent transportation system; mass transportation planning; para-transits and other modes of transportation, pedestrian & slow moving traffic planning.
- Infrastructure, Services and Amenities: Principles of water supply and sanitation systems; water treatment; solid waste disposal systems; waste treatment, recycle & reuse; urban rainwater harvesting; power supply and communication systems — network, design & guidelines; demography related standards at various levels of the settlements for health, education, recreation, religious & public-semi public facilities.
- Development Administration and Management: Planning laws; development control and zoning regulations; laws relating to land acquisition; development enforcements, urban land ceiling; land management techniques; planning and municipal administration; disaster mitigation management; 73rd& 74th Constitutional amendments; valuation & taxation; revenue resources and fiscal management; public participation and role of NGO & CBO; Institutional networking & capacity building.
GATE AR Exam 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Architecture and Planning 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Architecture and Planning Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE AR 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE AR 2017 Books
GATE AR 2017 Study Materials
GATE AR Exam Last 10 Years Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Architecture and Planning (AR) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE AR Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE AR Model Paper 2017
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Architecture and Planning Sample Question Papers with answers for 2017 for GATE Test Exam 2017 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE AR Online Practice Test:
- GATE AR MCQ Questions Answers for Architecture and Planning Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE AR question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE AR Exam Admit Card 2017
- GATE Architecture and Planning Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE AR Exam 2017.
GATE AR Exam Answer Keys 2017
- GATE Architecture and Planning 2017 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE AR Papers with Answers Keys 2017 can be download from here also.