GATE MT Exam 2019 | Metallurgical Engineering (MT) Test 2019 Application Form, Syllabus, Previous Papers, GATE MT Result 2019, Books, Answer Keys 2019, Admit Card,. The students who are seeking their admission in Metallurgical Engineering (MT) also called MT course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE MT Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Metallurgical Engineering (MT) 2019 (GATE MT 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE MT Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Metallurgical Engineering Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE MT Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Metallurgical Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
GATE MT Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Metallurgical Engineering (MT) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- MT page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Metallurgical Engineering exam 2019 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Metallurgical Engineering question paper for GATE 2019 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE MT Syllabus 2019
- GATE Metallurgical Engineering Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE MT Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Linear Algebra: Matrices and Determinants, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Calculus: Limit, continuity and differentiability; Partial Derivatives; Maxima and minima; Sequences and series; Test for convergence; Fourier series.
- Vector Calculus: Gradient; Divergence and Curl; Line; surface and volume integrals; Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Diferential Equations: Linear and non-linear first order ODEs; Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients; Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations; Laplace transforms; PDEs –Laplace, heat and wave equations.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation; Random variables; Poisson, normal and binomial distributions; Correlation and regression analysis.
- Numerical Methods: Solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations; integration of trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule; single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
- Thermodynamics and Rate Processes: Laws of thermodynamics, activity, equilibrium constant, applications to metallurgical systems, solutions, phase equilibria, Ellingham and phase stability diagrams, thermodynamics of surfaces, interfaces and defects, adsorption and segregation; basic kinetic laws, order of reactions, rate constants and rate limiting steps; principles of electro chemistry- single electrode potential, electro-chemical cells and polarizations, aqueous corrosion and protection of metals, oxidation and high temperature corrosion – characterization and control; heat transfer – conduction, convection and heat transfer coefficient relations, radiation, mass transfer – diffusion and Fick’s laws, mass transfer coefficients; momentum transfer – concepts of viscosity, shell balances, Bernoulli’s equation, friction factors.
- Extractive Metallurgy: Minerals of economic importance, comminution techniques, size classification, Flotation, gravity and other methods of mineral processing; agglomeration, pyro- hydro- and electro-metallurgical processes; material and energy balances; principles and processes for the extraction of non-ferrous metals – aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, magnesium, nickel, titanium and other rare metals; iron and steel making – principles, role structure and properties of slags, metallurgical coke, blast furnace, direct reduction processes, primary and secondary steel making, ladle metallurgy operations including deoxidation, desulphurization, sulphide shape control, inert gas rinsing and vacuum reactors; secondary refining processes including AOD, VAD, VOD, VAR and ESR; ingot and continuous casting; stainless steel making, furnaces and refractories.
- Physical Metallurgy: Crystal structure and bonding characteristics of metals, alloys, ceramics and polymers, structure of surfaces and interfaces, nano-crystalline and amorphous structures; solid solutions; solidification; phase transformation and binary phase diagrams; principles of heat treatment of steels, cast iron and aluminum alloys; surface treatments; recovery, recrystallization and grain growth; industrially important ferrous and non-ferrous alloys; elements of X-ray and electron diffraction; principles of scanning and transmission electron microscopy; industrial ceramics, polymers and composites; electronic basis of thermal, optical, electrical and magnetic properties of materials; electronic and opto-electronic materials.
- Mechanical Metallurgy: Elasticity, yield criteria and plasticity; defects in crystals; elements of dislocation theory – types of dislocations, slip and twinning, source and multiplication of dislocations, stress fields around dislocations, partial dislocations, dislocation interactions and reactions; strengthening mechanisms; tensile, fatigue and creep behaviour; super-plasticity; fracture – Griffith theory, basic concepts of linear elastic and elasto-plastic fracture mechanics, ductile to brittle transition, fracture toughness; failure analysis; mechanical testing – tension, compression, torsion, hardness, impact, creep, fatigue, fracture toughness and formability.
- Manufacturing Processes: Metal casting – patterns and moulds including mould design involving feeding, gating and risering, melting, casting practices in sand casting, permanent mould casting, investment casting and shell moulding, casting defects and repair; hot, warm and cold working of metals, Metal forming – fundamentals of metal forming processes of rolling, forging, extrusion, wire drawing and sheet metal forming, defects in forming; Metal joining – soldering, brazing and welding, common welding processes of shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding and submerged arc welding; welding metallurgy, problems associated with welding of steels and aluminium alloys, defects in welded joints; powder metallurgy; NDT using dye-penetrant, ultrasonic, radiography, eddy current, acoustic emission and magnetic particle methods.
GATE MT Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Metallurgical Engineering 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Metallurgical Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE MT 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GATE Metallurgical Engineering books in online you can check below.
GATE MT 2019 Books
GATE MT 2019 Study Materials
GATE MT Exam Last 10 Years Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Metallurgical Engineering (MT) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2019 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last Years Question Papers and solution can share with us.
Metallurgical Engineering Previous Year
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2017
GATE MT Model Papers 2019:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Metallurgical Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
GATE MT Online Practice Test:
- GATE MT MCQ Questions Answers for Metallurgical Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE MT question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE MT Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Metallurgical Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE MT Exam 2019.
GATE MT Exam 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Metallurgical Engineering 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE MT Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.
Last Updated on by