APSC i.e Assam Public Service Commission Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form for total 256 Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade), Assam Police Service, Labour Officer, etc. vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
- 1 APSC Recruitment 2017
- 1.1 QUICK LINKS
- 1.2 Vacancies in APSC Recruitment 2017
- 1.3 APSC Recruitment 2017 Eligibility:
- 1.4 APSC Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary:
- 1.5 APSC Recruitment 2017 Advertisement:
- 1.6 APSC Recruitment 2017 Selection process:
- 1.7 APSC Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017
- 1.8 APSC Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- 1.9 APSC Recruitment 2017 Online Application form
- 1.10 APSC Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- 1.11 Subjects Question Answers
APSC Recruitment 2017
The Assam Public Service Commission will hold Competitive Examination, 2016 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the services/posts as per the actual number of vacancies as shown below, in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989.
APSC Recruitment 2017 Advertisement Notification Apply Online www.apsc.nic.in for the post of Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade), Assam Police Service, Labour Officer, etc. this is the Latest Job & Careers opportunities in Assam Public Service Commission. Assam Public Service Commission has recently publish an advertisement notification for Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade), Assam Police Service, Labour Officer, etc. Posts vacancies jobs opening for January 2017.
Vacancies in APSC Recruitment 2017
Total vacancies in Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade), Assam Police Service, Labour Officer, etc. post details are given below.
APSC Recruitment 2017 Eligibility:
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of application need not apply.
- Persons with Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled for reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of filling up the forms for Main Examination.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- He/She should not be less than 21 years and more than 43 years of age as on 01.01.2016 as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates i.e. upto 48 years. There will also be relaxation of upper age limit in respect of Persons with Disability by 5 years i.e. upto 48 years. The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose. However, the aforesaid age limit will not be applicable in case of the cadre of Assam Police Service as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. For this category, age limit will be counted as 38 years as on 01/01/2016 (43 years in case of SC/ST and PWD candidates).
APSC Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary:
|Name of posts||Scale of Pay+Grade Pay + other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government employees from time to time (per month)|
|Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade)||Pay scale 12500-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Assam Land &Revenue Service (Jr. grade)||Pay scale 12000-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Assam Police Service(Jr.Grade)||Pay scale 12000-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Labour Officer||Pay scale 12000-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Superintendent of Taxes||Pay scale 12000-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Asstt. Registrar of Cooperative Societies||Pay scale 12000-40000, Grade Pay 5400, Pay Band PB-4|
|Inspector of Labour||Pay scale 8000-35000, Grade Pay 4300, Pay Band PB-3|
|Inspector of Taxes||Pay scale 8000-35000, Grade Pay 4300, Pay Band PB-3|
|Inspector of Excise||Pay scale 8000-35000, Grade Pay 4300, Pay Band PB-3|
|Asstt. Employment Officer||Pay scale 8000-35000, Grade Pay 4300, Pay Band PB-3|
APSC Recruitment 2017 Advertisement:
APSC Recruitment 2017 Selection process:
- The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- (i) The Preliminary Examination
- (ii) The Main Examination (written & interview)
APSC Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2017
a) The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper-I||General studies||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper-II||One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below:||Marks=200||Do||Do|
LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR C.C.(PRELIMINARY ) EXAM. (TOTAL-28 SUBJECTS)
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Indian History|
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
b) The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices c) OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions d) Candidates will have to use ONLY BLACK BALL PEN. e) USE OF ERASER, CHEMICAL, CORRECTION FLUID etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated. f) This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. g) The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS: SYLLABI
a) Degree level courses of the Universities of the State of Assam. b) The syllabi of the subjects for the preliminary examination may be downloaded from the APSC website www.apsc.nic.in. CANDIDATES WHO ARE DECLARED BY THE COMMISSION TO HAVE QUALIFIED FOR ADMISSION TO THE MAIN EXAMINATION WILL HAVE TO APPLY AGAIN IN THE PRESCRIBED APPLICATION FORM WHICH WILL BE SUPPLIED TO THEM.
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) Written Examination:
a) On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
b) The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each. The questions of the examination will be of conventional type:
|General English||Marks=300||Duration-3 hours|
|General Studies||Marks=300||Duration-3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper-I Paper-II||Any two optional subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects (two papers each)||Marks=200 Marks =200||Duration-3 hours Duration-3 hours|
|Optional Subject 2||Paper-I Paper-II||Marks=200 Marks =200||Duration-3 hours Duration-3 hours|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
c) The syllabi of the subjects for the Main Examination may be downloaded from the APSC website www.apsc.nic.in Any two subjects are to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below.
LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR C.C. (MAIN)-(TOTAL-29)
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Law|
|Botany||Modern languages and literature (any one only) (i) Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English Literature , (iv) Hindi, (v) Bodo & Classical Languages ,(vi)Arabic ,(vii) Persian, (viii) Sanskrit.|
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Philosophy|
Candidates WILL NOT be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:
(a) Anthropology and Sociology
(b) Mathematics and Statistics
(c) Philosophy and Psychology
(d) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(e) Not more than one of the Engineering subjects
(B) Interview Test: MARKS 200
The candidates will be interviewed by a board. The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks. The marks scored at the interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main) and the ranking of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained.
- (a) On the results of the written part of the Main Examination the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies advertised. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- (b) The Commission shall recommend exactly the same number of candidates for different posts as notified.
- (c) The candidates will be allotted cadre strictly on the basis of merit cum preferences opted by candidates in their applications for the Main Examination
- (d) The Commission shall not recommend a candidate for a post which he/she has not opted for.
APSC Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online Application Form: 09-01-2017.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 09-02-2017.
APSC Recruitment 2017 Online Application form
- Candidates shall be required to download the prescribed application form from the website: www.apsc.nic.in w.e.f. 09.01.2017 and send the duly filled application with the following documents. One candidate should not submit more than one application. The envelope sending the application should be superscripted ‘Combined Competitive (Prel.) Examination,2016’ on the top of the envelope. The size of the form is approximately 21cm× 34 cm.
- (i) Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.300.00 (Rupees Three Hundred only),( Rs. 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and fifty only) for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. community) as Combined Competitive (Prelim.) Examination, 2016 fee under the Head of Account viz., ‘NON TAX REVENUE OTHER NON TAX REVENUE, 0051 PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, 102 STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, APPLICATION/EXAMINATION FEE RECEIPT OF ASSAM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION’. The fees are not refundable and no other mode of deposit of fee other than through Treasury challan shall be accepted. Those candidates selected to appear in the Main Examination will have to pay another Examination fee to be fixed in due course, separately by Treasury challan under the same head of Account specifying the fee as C.C. (Main) Examination Fee, 2016.
- (ii) One copy of recent passport size photograph to be pasted on the space provided in the application form. Do not staple the photograph.
- (iii) Age- proof certificate (Admit Card / Certificate of HSLC or equivalent exam)
- (iv) Degree Pass Certificate
- (v) Caste Certificate in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC community issued by competent authority.
- (vi) ID Card/Certificate in respect of PWD candidates issued by competent authority. Since the practice of furnishing attested copies of certificates has since been discontinued by the Government, the applicant shall furnish photostat copies of the above mentioned documents declared by the candidate himself/ herself as ‘Certified to be true copy of the original’ along with the application. However, in case of detection of any false declaration made by the candidate/ applicant, he/ she will be penalized as per rules/ law. The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in C.C. (Preliminary and Main) Examinations/join services on being selected by the Commission in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate appointing authority The Commission shall not be in any way responsible/accountable. PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates are to inform the Commission in writing, for services of scribe, if required, within one month of the expiry of the closing date for submission of application. Applications not signed by the candidates will be summarily rejected.
- Application for the Preliminary Examination duly filled will be received till 09.02.2017 only.
- APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING THROUGH POST/PROPER CHANNEL) RECEIVED AFTER THE LAST DATE SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- Candidates whether in Govt. service or in the service of Govt. undertaking/Banks/Corporation/Bodies/private employment should forward his/her applications through his/her controlling officer/employer. He/she should ensure that the application reaches the office the Commission within the closing date, failing which it is liable to be rejected even if it had been submitted to the controlling officer/employer before the closing date.
APSC Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- APSC Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade), Assam Police Service, Labour Officer, etc. Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers
Be the first to leave a review.