XAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019: As a matter of fact, candidates should know there is no specific syllabus published by XLRI – Xavier School Of Management. However, every year XAT people published a fresh bulletin, based on the last year information “The test may have multiple sections, to evaluate candidate’s quantitative, qualitative, verbal, data interpretive and decision-making abilities. Wrong questions may carry negative marks.”
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Before checking the XAT exam pattern, candidates should go through the latest XAT 2019 bulletin.
- XAT 2018 usually comprises 3 sections – duration for XAT 2019 is three hours and thirty-five minutes.
- Work experience NOT counted.
- One section is Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability questions. Another section is Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Data Interpretation questions and the Third section is General Awareness Questions.
- Students are expected to write an essay of about 250-300 words in 20 minutes. (XAT Essay Topics For 2019)
- There is negative marking in XAT 2018. Marks for the correct answer: +1, Marks for the wrong answer: -1/3.
- Time Division: Part 1 (VA, DM, and QA) and Part 2 (essay and GK) : 170 minutes will be given for the first part and 40 minutes for the second one.
XAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates should have sound knowledge of following topics.
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
- Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come). Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Science, History, Geography, International Organisations
Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
- Data Sufficiency Question Answers
Last Updated on by