RBI i.e Reserve Bank of India Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form for total 161 Officers in Grade ‘B’ vacancies advertisement has been publish today.
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017
Applications are invited for the post mentioned below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank) from Indian citizens, citizens of Nepal and subjects of Bhutan, persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Myanmar and Sri Lanka with the intention of permanently settling in India and in whose favour Eligibility Certificates have been issued by Government of India.
Vacancies in RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017
Total vacancies in Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Officers in Grade ‘B’ post details are given below.
Name Of the Post
|Number of Vacancies|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’|
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Eligibility
Minimum educational qualification for RBI Recruitment 2017 for the Officers in Grade ‘B’ posts is given below.
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th standard examinations. The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s Degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years.
- Between 21 and 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/07/1986 and not later than 01/07/1995). For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively. For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned. Refer item 8 below for relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories.
- Three years in the case of OBC candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
- Five years in the case of:
- i) SC/ST candidates if the posts are reserved for them
- ii) Ex- employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange,
- iii) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment,
- iv) Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment,
- v) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
- 10 years for PWD(GEN); 13 years for PWD(OBC) and 15 years for PWD(SC/ST) candidates.
- For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale | Salary
- Pay Scale: Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs. 35,150/- p.m. in the
scale of Rs. 35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400 applicable to Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs.65,789/-.
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Advertisement
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Selection will be through ON-LINE Examinations and interview. Examinations will be held in two phases as described in following paragraphs.
Phase-I online Examination (Objective Type):
- This Paper for 200 marks will be held on September 4, 2016. Depending on the number of candidates, the examination may be held on some other days also. A candidate, however, has to appear for examination in only one shift on the given day. The date, time and venue on which a candidate has to appear for examination will be specified in the Admission Letter (AL) to be downloaded by the candidate. The ‘corrected-scores’ obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equipercentile method. The Paper consists tests of (i) General Awareness (ii) English Language (iii) Quantitative Aptitude and (iv) Reasoning, with composite time of 120 minutes. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the Admission letter for examination from the RBI website.
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as aggregate, as prescribed by the Board. Candidates, who secure minimum marks separately for each Test, as prescribed, will be shortlisted for Phase-II of the examination based on the aggregate marks obtained in Phase-I. The minimum aggregate cut-off marks for being shortlisted for Phase-II of the examination will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for Phase-II examination will be published on RBI web-site, tentatively within a week after Phase-I examination
Phase-II online Examination:
- The Phase-II online Examination will be conducted on September 19, 2016, only for the candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of results of Phase-I. The Phase-II examination will be in shifts. Candidates are required to appear for all shifts. Separate Admission Letters will be issued for each shift. The time-table for Phase-II will be intimated to the candidates concerned along with Admission Letter for Phase-II. Phase–II online examination will consist of three papers as under:
Name of Paper
|Type of Paper||Time (Minutes)|
Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues
|Paper II: English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive, to be typed with the help of the keyboard||90|
Paper-III: Finance and Management
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on aggregate of marks obtained in Phase-II (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III). The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on RBI website at appropriate time and interview call letters will be sent on registered email ID. Interview will be of 50 marks. Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II examination and interview
RBI Officers Grade B Exam Pattern | Syllabus 2017
Paper-I – Economic and social Issues:
- Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatization – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Suggested reference material:
1. Indian Economy: Uma Kapila.(Series of Books)
2. Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
3. Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
4. Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
1. Economic Times
3. Business Standard
Weekly/Monthly Magazines/Bulletins /Reports:
1. Economic and Political Weekly
2. Southern Economist
4. Business India
5. RBI Bulletins
1. World Development Report
2. Economic Survey of India
Paper-II -English (Writing Skills):
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including
expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System
- 1. Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- 2. Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity,etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- 1. Risk Management in Banking Sector
- 2. Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- 3. Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- 4. Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- 5. Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- 6. Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- 7. Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- 8. The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- 9. Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
Suggested reference material:
a. An introduction to Economics – A W Stonier and D C Hauge
b. Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
c. Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
d. Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
e. Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
f. Major economic newspapers and Economic and Political Weekly
g. Public Finance – K K Andley and Sundaram
h. Financial Management – Prasanna Chandra
Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader. Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare. Motivation,
Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale. Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance
The questions on this section will be basic in nature.
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online Application Form: 03-05-2017.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 23-05-2017.
RBI Officers Grade B Recruitment 2017 Online Application Form
Candidates have to apply only online through the Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in from
03-05-2017 to 23-05-2017. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted. Detailed
instructions for applying online are available on the website.
(A) Pre-Requisites for applying online: Before applying on-line, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the
photograph and signature in item 12 of the advertisement.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make online payment of the requisite application fee/intimation charges. The candidate is required to keep details about Bio- data/necessary details ready to enable him/her to fill up the application form correctly and to make online payment of fees/intimation charges. The name of the candidate or his/her father/mother/husband, etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the photo identity proof/ certificates/mark sheets.
- Candidates should have a valid E-mail ID which should be kept active till the declaration
of final result. This is essential for him/her in getting communication/interview advice, etc.
by E-mail. No change in E-mail ID will be entertained during the entire process of the
Procedure for applying Online:
- Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on July 1, 2016 are first required to visit the URL “Recruitment for the post of “Officers in Gr.’B’ (DR) General” on Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in >Opportunities@RBI >Current Vacancies > Vacancies and click on the hyperlink “Applications (Apps)” in the Advertisement page for filling the ‘Online Application’. It redirects the candidates to the online registration page.
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in
the online application form as per the specifications given in item 12 of the advertisement.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name,
Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be
generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the
Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional
Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can
save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of
the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application
themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Photo identity proof / Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any
change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and
‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed as given in item 12 of the advertisement.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Candidates shall be solely responsible for filling up the online applications correctly. In case
of invalid applications due to errors committed by the applicant no claims for refund of
application fees/intimation charges so collected shall be entertained by the Board.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to pay the application fees/ intimation
charges and register online at the earliest.
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their
applications within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
Application Fees (Non refundable)
|Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|GEN/OBC||App. Fee including intimation charges|
The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro),
Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
RBI Officers Grade B Exam 2017 Online Practice Test:
- RBI Officers in Grade ‘B’ Exam Questions Answers. This mock test having question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of Sarkari Naukri Exam Question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
- START Reasoning Mock Test
Subjects Question Answers