TIFR GS Admission 2018 Online registration Tata Institute of Fundamental Research : The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India’s premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences. TIFR GS Admission 2018 Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Science Entrance Exam s for admission to its also be considered. M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. (I-PhD), and Ph.D. Graduate Programs.
TIFR GS 2018
- Graduate School Admission test is the test conducted by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) for admission to their PhD programmes in various subjects. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India’s premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences.
- The institute acquired the status of Deemed University in the year June 2002. The Institute runs graduate programmes leading to the award of PhD degree as well as MSc and Integrated PhD. The graduate programmes are classified into the following subjects- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer and System Sciences and Science Education. These programmes are conducted at the Mumbai campus and at various National Centres of the institute.
Publication of Notification:
Employment News : September 12, 2015
University News Journal : September 14, 2015
Current Science Journal : September 25, 2015
Nationwide Entrance Examination:
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Last date for application: October 7, 2015
Online registration link will be made active by Monday, September 7, 2015 – 11:00 a.m.
Online payment link will be active upto October 14, 2015
DDs sent by post/courier will be accepted upto October 14, 2015
Hall Ticket download link will be active from : November 10, 2015
GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science (including Communications and Applied Probability):
Opens : February 1, 2018
Closes : Two weeks after GATE 2018 results are displayed on their website.
Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination (shortlist for interviews) : January 28, 2018
TIFR GS Entrance Exam Date 2018:
- The test conducted by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is generally held in Month of December.
- Sunday, December 13, 2015
TIFR GS Admission:
- The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of a written test at one of the several nationwide centres, followed by interviews of shortlisted candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews to be held during end-February to early-April, 2015. Exact dates would be announced later.
TIFR GS Application Form Online:
- Students can apply online. Please follow appropriate link on this website for filling up the application form.
- Manual Applications: Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually.
TIFR GS Eligibility:
- Educational qualification for appearing for GSA 2018 Mathematics – M.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Tech./ M.A./ B.A./ B.Sc. degree holders or final year students with a consistently good academic record. Physics/ Chemistry – M.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Tech. degree holders. Fresh B.Sc. graduates with consistently good academic record and knowledge of advanced topics may also apply. Biology –
- (For PhD Programme) – M.Sc. in any basic science discipline, B.Tech., B.E., MBBS, B.V.Sc., BDS, B.Pharm. & M.Pharm. (For MSc and Integrated PhD Programme) – BSc in any basic science discipline.
- (For MSc in Wildlife Biology & Conservation) – Degree in any discipline with a strong interest in Wild Life Biology. Computer & Systems Sciences – B.E/ B.Tech/ M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Sc
- (all relevant disciplines) degree holders/ final year students with consistently strong academic record. Science Education – B.E/ B.Tech/ M.B.B.S or equivalent or MSc in natural sciences/ mathematics/ statistics/ computer and information sciences/ pharmaceutical sciences / allied disciplines. or M.A/M.S.W in social/ behavioural science/ psychology/ linguistics/ sociology/ economics/ anthropology/ allied disciplines.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
TIFR GS Exam Pattern
- The admission procedure for all subjects excluding Science Education consists of written test (usually having objective type questions) followed by interviews. The written tests are held at the centres specified by the institute.
- The Biology written test is held on a specific Sunday in December each year at centres all over India. The test consists of multiple choice questions covering basics in physics, chemistry, maths and biology. For Computer and Systems Sciences there are two streams-one in the area of Computer Science and the other in the area of Systems Science.
- The question paper is composed of three parts-A,B and C. Part A is common for all and tests the general mathematical aptitude of the candidate, and the students need to attempt only one of the parts B or C .The syllabi for test in mathematics covers topics dealt with during a normal BSc course in Mathematics.
TIFR GS Syllabus 2018
- The syllabus for written test in Chemistry follows the normal syllabus followed by Indian Universities at BSc and MSc levels. The questions cover areas like physical, organic, inorganic, analytical, electro and quantum chemistry, biophysics, thermodynamics, spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV and X-ray), logic and statistics and mathematical methods.
- The syllabi for admission test in Physics comprises of the following topics – classical mechanics, mathematics relevant to physics, electricity and magnetism, quantum mechanics, heat, thermodynamics and statistical physics, general physics, modern physics, electronics and experimental physics.
- For Computer and Systems Sciences there are two streams-one in the area of Computer Science and the other in the area of Systems Science. The question paper is composed of three parts-A,B and C. Part A is common for all and tests the general mathematical aptitude.
Download Details Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Physics Syllabus
- Chemistry Syllabus
- JGEEBILS Syllabus (biology)
- Computer & Systems Sciences Syllabus
Old Question Papers
TIFR GS Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- Hi we have found last 5 previous year question paper with answer keys for all courses admission written test question papers, you can download TIFR GS Previous Year Question Papers with Answers for free in PDF files, check below the link for question papers for year of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. if any candidate/student have last 10 year solution please share with us.
- TIFR GS Mathematics Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- TIFR GS Physics Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- TIFR GS Chemistry Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- TIFR GS Biology (JGEEBILS) Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- TIFR GS Computer & Systems Sciences Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
TIFR GS Model Question Papers with answers
- Hi we have found some model question papers which has been provided by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for better exam preparation
- TIFR GS Mathematics Sample Paper
- TIFR GS Physics Sample Paper
- TIFR GS Chemistry Sample Paper
- TIFR GS Biology Sample Paper
- TIFR GS Computer & Systems Sciences Sample Paper
TIFR GS Courses 2018
- The programmes conducted by TIFR are : Subject Centre Department Programme Mathematics Mumbai School of Mathematics Ph.D Bangalore School of Mathematics PhD & Integrated PhD Programme in Applicable Mathematics Physics Mumbai Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics PhD Dept. of Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Dept. of High Energy Physics Dept. of Nuclear and Atomic Physics Dept. of Theoretical Physics Biophysics at the Dept. of Chemical Sciences Physics Bangalore NCBS PhD Chemistry Mumbai Dept. of Chemical Sciences PhD Bangalore Biological Chemistry at NCBS Biology Mumbai Dept. of Biological Sciences PhD, Integrated PhD & MSc Biology Bangalore National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) PhD, Integrated PhD & MSc(Wildlife Biology & Conservation) Computer & Systems Sciences Mumbai School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS) PhD Science Education Mumbai Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) PhD
TIFR GS Result 2018
- After, all the Question Booklets and OMR Response Sheets of TIFR GS 2018 exam are received by the TIFR the evaluation shall be done using OMR machine.
- After evaluation, result shall be declared Rank-wise, Roll No. wise and category wise.
- The Ranking shall be solely based on the result of TIFR GS 2018 and shall not be valid for admission.
- This Ranking will be drawn to give an approximate idea to the candidate with regard to his/her relative position only based on TIFR GS 2018.
- The TIFR GS Result 2018 will be available on Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- TIFR GS Result 2018 of the Nationwide Entrance Examination (shortlist for interviews) : January 28, 2018.
TIFR GS Admit Card 2018
- The TIFR will provide the facility of downloading Hall Ticket of TIFR GS 2018. Hall Ticket download link will be active from : November 10, 2015.
- Candidates are required to download Uttarakhand TIFR GS Hall Ticket from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidate may please note that TIFR GS 2018 Hall Ticket will not be sent by the post.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their TIFR GS Hall Ticket in good condition till admission is over.
Address : Contact Details
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
|Phone||022-22782629/22782241/22782875 Fax: 022-22804555|
|Working hours:||Monday – Friday 09:00 a.m. – 05:30 p.m. Closed Saturdays and Sundays|